Chapter 74:Convergence
434 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So... what happened?..."

Elizabeth came to a very weird scene.

Her master was somber as he was speaking to a woman she had never seen before. Said woman looked like she had her world rocked and then some, being completely checked out.

This did not seem to bother her master as he was sputtering a mile a minute at her. As she got in the hut she realized he was talking as much to himself as he was to the woman.

The other thing she noticed was that the woman looked very very familiar. In fact, she looked suspiciously like her sister disciple Eishath. Except her unicorn horn was missing and her body was a bombshell where in her memory she was supposed to be 'graceful'. 

"Eishath?..."

Namaah had tagged along, and she pointed at the fourth person in the room with more surety than her.

"Eishath?!"

She looked back at the woman with more focus and sure enough, the similarities were there except she was somehow magnitudes more beautiful than how she already was and she looked like she was having the time of her life. 

"Master! What in the world did you do!? Also! Can I get some of the same?!"

This brought Samuel out of his self-reflection as his eyes shifted from the catatonic disciple to the pair that just entered the house.

"Ah. I see you have returned and brought a demon friend along. Welcome demon to my humble abode, and to your question. I do not believe it will be wise to make you suffer the same fate as your sister disciple. She is a changed existence, tied to me for all existence as a subservient slave a fate I would not wish on my worst enemy."

He said still thoughtful, very thoughtful.

There were so many bombs in that statement that Elizabeth had to take a moment to digest but even then she could not make heads or tails.

Namaah turned very apprehensive as she was stunned by the sudden proclamation.

"Master what are you spouting?!"

Elizabeth had enough. She barreled into Samuel's personal space and stared up at him in consternation.

"What is going on!? Master be straight with me!"

"But I am. Am I not?"

"No! You are being needlessly obtuse, spouting things with no context or reason! I demand a proper explanation!"

"Oh. I see. Alright, Let me start from the beginning. Eishath wanted to engage in coitus, and we did. I found out she was a demon and as a quirk of..."

"Eishath is a demon!?!"

"Was a demon. She is something else entirely now."

The third wheel, Namaah, gasped at this casual revelation. Looking at Samuel in a new light. One that if one were savvy in reading expressions would find out that she thought she had bitten off more than she could chew but was way too into it to stop.

Elizabeth was still front and center with the whole thing.

"What do you mean by "WAS" a demon?!"

"Well, based on some obscure information, demons mutate if they come into contact with a particularly powerful source. I just happened to be so powerful for Eishath that her species shifted."

"...Can I please have some context?"

Elizabeth was exasperated now, unaware that it was partially her fault for her own confusion. Samuel certainly did not help with his to-the-point explanation.

"Alright. From what I can deduce, Eishath the demon was interested in my essence and used her demonic abilities and my curiosity to secure me as a primary food source. While you were out, she wanted to take it a step further by performing coitus something I was vehement against. She had even shown me an ingenious trick of dual cultivation that was normally reserved for cauldrons and essence manipulation masters but I fashioned a version for her and was excited to try it out. She used that to engage in sex. With me so far."

Both women nodded, one was trying to understand what was happening the other noticed another small detail and was trying to find how her sister had exploded in power.

"So, because of the quirk I previously mentioned, the one where demons mutate to fit essence, so that happened. Except, my mythic breakthrough destiny the 'World Seed' decided it was not enough. As it turned out it refined the demon to a point so fine that she has become a part of me, barely a separate entity. She is a slave in a way that I would not wish on my worst enemy. Permanent in the truest of sense, she even uses my essence pool to regenerate."

Elizabeth was being twisted in too many ways to make a good remark about this.

"Can have a moment to sit?"

"Of course, you do not need to even ask me."

Samuel kept an eye on Elizabeth, however, Samuel's attention was more on the third member who looked rather faint.

Namaah on the other hand, was hyperventilating, but not due to fear or anguish. No, she was extremely excited by what she just heard. Overtly so. 

She was very knowledgeable of what just happened.

Why? She had seen this happen once before. Being as old as she was, amassing knowledge was her thing. 

It seemed that she had come trying to find copper and found gold instead. Many a demon would look down on her for this but many more would willingly sacrifice everything for this chance. And she happened to be in the latter camp.

As old as she was, she believed she would never rise above her current rank though she would never admit it to others. Her 'sister', if she could even call her that anymore, was at least an origin spirit skipping an entire rank. Demons became toys to infernal emperors for a fraction of that power. 

Well... She found her own infernal emperor. It was just in the form of an eccentric master.

"Are you alright?"

"...Yes..."

Namaah was more alright than she had been all those years ago when she realized the futility of trying to ascend ranks as a lowly succubus. She might have just found her out.

13