THE WORLD BELOW
17 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Sorry for the delay before posting this chapter. Have a lot going for me right now)

As I was examining myself in the mirror, I thought about various stuff like, 'How could a mirror be available in the ocean? Cause I can sense that I am in the ocean. And how can light travel this far in the ocean? Everything seems as if it's as clear as day. Or is it cause I am currently an algae? But do algae have eyes in the first place? Is it normal to be this way? Wait why don't I check first of all if this is a dream? How did I forget about doing something so important at first? Did my brain size and efficiency reduce as I came to this world? Do algae have brains in the first place? Wait I am going off point again'.

I tried checking if this was a dream or not by performing a simple test, with all the force I could summon, I hit my head squarely on the edge of the bed which I have just woken up from.

"Haaaaaaaaaa", I screamed hard as the pain test I just performed showed squarely that this wasn't a dream but the pains were, all the same, greater than I had ever expected.

'Shouldn't I have just found something to use to prick myself? Why did I try such a thing?', I was now convinced that this new me has no brain at all, and even if I did, its efficiency was at its all-time lowest. I hated that child who put me here, there is no doubt that he is the one who did this.

I never thought that I would hate anyone like this in my entire life, but guess I was wrong. I have amassed great wealth, with everything at my beck and call. Now I got to be something like this.

As I continued rubbing the head which I had just used to hit the bed, I noticed that the pains had gone down subtly, to a negligible point, like the pains never existed in the first place.

"Huh", this discovery shocks me also. I look at the place which I had used to hit the bed in the mirror, and I didn't see any lump of any size.

"Hehehehehehe", at this time, an evil laugh sounds out in my surrounding. "Who is that?", I turn around to search for what/who made such a laugh. The evil laugh nonetheless continues as if mocking my effort to search for it.

It was at this exact moment that my brain's efficiency kicks in. The laugh seems familiar. I was a fool not to have noticed it earlier, but now I do. If it wasn't that asshole of a child who brought me here, who else would it be?

"You devil of a child", I cried out at this moment.

"How does it feel to be here?", the familiar voice says at the next moment. "Why did you bring me here? What did I do to make you do something like this?", I say in obvious anger while still searching around hoping to have a glimpse of this boy.

"No need looking around for me, at the stage you are in, you can't see me no matter how hard you try. And as for why I brought you here.....", the voice trails off as if a bad memory was brought up, I became lost in thought, thinking why he would behave this way all of a sudden, "You could say it's for fun", he completes in a very nice tone like he has just given the best answer there was.

It seems like a wire was cut inside of me, and if the boy was here, I would make sure that he is put in a near-death state, not minding that he was a kid any longer, this is the height of it all.

"If you have the guts, why don't you come out and repeat what you said", I say while staring all around, hoping he would fulfill that request of mine. "Even if I come out, at the stage you are right now, you can't do shit to me, so just get over it and stop being a baby. Anyways that's enough from me. Don't expect to hear from me soon though", the voice sounds out and soon fades. No matter how much I tried to call for it, there was no reply, seems like it has gone.

Am grateful that he was gone though, but at the same time I felt down, my only talking partner has gone away from me. I almost cried, jeez. But it was at this moment that my slow-to-boot head finally realizes that I was still in my house or whosoever's house is this. There was still the outside world out there which I have seen.

I took a deep breath with my skin, well what do you expect algae to breathe in, before deciding it was time to examine this new world I was in. Staying locked up while examining myself won't do me any good at all. I took that bold step out of the house, but I would most definitely regret such actions soon enough. I take a walk through my apartment, which seems like a perfect apartment for a bachelor, with all the necessary amenities in place, I had a nice apartment here.

I walk out of my apartment and I was able to understand that it was just part of a huge building, this was admirable, this was like a huge building back on earth, its standard was like that of a very expensive company. I strolled out of the compound or should I say swam, just a bit further and I was flabbergasted by what I saw.

What comes into my sight wasn't just the ocean with light being visible everywhere. This was a metropolis. If this was earth, it would be earth in the next hundreds of years, this was a real city, unlike the way I thought the bottom of the ocean would be with some dirt here and there. There were tall structures built and roads on which some sea creatures walked, although most swam. There was nothing like cars though or the like, but everything seems way above normal. This was an eye-opener for me, I thought about which kind of sea creature invented such a great megastructure beneath the ocean. This is an unprecedented feat no matter which angle from which it was viewed. I also for once noticed a kind of restriction on me when I got to a certain distance away from my neighborhood. I finally notice the pressure which comes from being thousands of depths into the ocean. Although there was some restriction, that doesn't still mean that I can't move, I think even a snail would be thousands of times faster than me at this point though.

'What the hell? What is going on here?', I scream inwardly. 'I was walking fine inside the house after all. There wasn't such a restriction, how did it became like this all of a sudden?', I scream inwardly. My whole body felt heavy.

"What is that crazy stuff doing now?", a voice sounds out. "Jeez, shouldn't it just remain at home?", another different voice sounds out. "It's ruining the spectacle", "He should be executed for such an act", "Some creatures just don't know their place", "Maybe it's some pet of those above", "If it's so, how did it escape?", "Who knows, maybe the owner was tired of it". Various voices sounded out, but there was something similar about the way they spoke though, their voice was all filled with derision and contempt.

I didn't need to waste my time to turn as they all became visible soon enough. They were prawns and crayfish of different sizes. But they were huge than I was, and they moved more freely than I can. These were the first set of sea creatures that I saw and they were fucking rude goddamnit.

Moving out of the way, one of the shrimps hit me with its legs and I moved a long distance before landing on the place just before I felt the restriction, I turned slimy at first before regaining my normal structure, probably due to the hit.

I was shocked by such findings, and I tried once again, and I noticed a kind of restriction immediately as I got past a particular position. It seems to say that I wasn't fit to be here. It was like a differentiation between the heavens and the earth. Although it seem possible to walk here, it took a lot of energy and I could feel that if I expended my energy too much, it would put me in a passive state which is very dangerous at this moment when I knew nothing about this world, thus I quickly stop this little experiment.

"Hehehehe", the laughter starts all of a sudden once again. "Tch, I thought you wouldn't ever come disturbing me anymore", I say in absolute annoyance while moving towards my apartment.

"I thought you would die from boredom, hence I came back to check on you, only to see you in this sort of sorry state", the voice sounds out with obvious mockery.

"Are you here to taunt me?", I ask with a sneer. It was at this moment that I coincidentally got to my apartment, all that happened in just this short moment outside my apartment was all beyond my understanding and predicting abilities.

"Of course, to taunt you", the childish voice sounds out again, and I completely ignore any other words that came from the voice.

'How is it possible for there to be something like this under the ocean? The pressure this place is exerting on me is greater than I could ever imagine. I thought that since I was an algae, there would not be any resistance of any kind imposed on me. After all, from the hit I just took I noticed that no matter the amount of damage leveled on me, I can retain my former shape as long as my nuclei is not damaged, and it can even be moved.

I noticed that there was something circular that seems to be my core. Something that controls all of my bodily actions. I am finally having a grasp on everything that is happening around me. I have already gotten over the shock of being put in this world. Crying about it won't solve any issue but would instead put me in a state of constant worry and there was a possibility of thinking of my death. Not sure if it can occur in this form though, since my new body processes information more slowly than my original body, it means that what I would have thought about in five seconds could take up to five minutes.

"How dare you ignore me? You do have a lot of guts you fool", the voice sounds out and it awakens me from my thoughts.

"Ohh, you are still speaking? I thought you would have gone by now", I reply to the voice.

"You dare speak to me in such a tone? You swine", the voice was angry at this moment.

"What are you going to do about it? Turn me to a rock?", I ask in a nonchalant tone, obviously not bothered by what else the kid has in stalk for me.

The voice was quiet for a while as if thinking about what next he could do to me, but it wasn't able to come up with any other punishment, then it breathed heavily as if trying to calm itself.

"Since I brought you here forcefully, I must fulfill all the requirements by granting you some aid of some kind. But it would only be three though", the voice sounds out.

"Seriously", I reply shocked by the goodwill that this kid plans to show me, "Then could you give me...", I wasn't able to complete my statement as I was rudely interrupted by this kid.

"First off, I would give you the ability of speed learning. In case you are too dumb to process it, it means that you would be able to learn everything and gain mastery of them quickly and efficiently without any break-necks", the voice says. 'As if you aren't the one who gave me such a body. And ain't I the one meant to choose what kind of gifts I did like to have', I grumble inwardly.

"I can read your thoughts, so I would suggest that you control them while in my presence", the voice sounds out. I was shocked that the boy was able to read my thoughts, but I quickly got over it, anything that this boy does, does not shock me anymore, I just take it as something normal.

"Secondly, I shall grant you the all-seeing eyes. See the truth in something false and see the false in the truth. And finally, the last shall be left out as a mystery. With this, hopefully, you can scale through this world you are in presently", the voice says at once without pause.

"I guess I should be going now then. You already know that this form isn't the only one available to you, you should be able to unlock more forms as time goes by though, I expect the best from you. Till when next you hear from me", the voice says while fading not by bit.

"Ohh, before you go, I would like to ask what this is. It has been fusing with my core since I came to this world, I thought it was just a normal thing, but there is this sharp pain that accompanies its fusing process and it's getting more unbearable as time goes on", I ask while putting my hand into my body and dragging something half-outwards.

The stuff was shaped like a key, and my core seems to be absorbing it at a fast rate.

The voice wanted to shout at me for calling it back, but it stops halfway as if its words had choked him and thus made speaking hard for him.

"How... how... how the hell did you get that?", those were the words that came out of his mouth and it seems to be said in abject fear.

0