THE SYSTEM
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hello, it’s still me here. I haven’t died yet luckily”, I say while looking into the camera recording all that is going on. ‘Is it a camera though? After all, what is mostly seen is what my eyes see and my surroundings. This story is all about me after all, won’t have anyone taking part in the time which I am to use to show you amazing stuff about myself’, I thought.

My surroundings are being shown at this moment and the child bastard who threw me into this world can be seen on the floor lying in a puddle of blood.

Is he dead? Well, I don’t know. But that bastard has indeed annoyed me a lot and him being dead after I gained that great power won’t be impossible anymore.

I believe that I can even fight with the gods the way I am right now. I feel invincible.

Well, I know you the audience might want to find out what happened. But it can be explained later on after I go to the temple of gods to destroy them all and then I alone will reign supreme over every creature on this plan...

“Wait what is going on? Why are we going backwards in time? We just did all this in the first chapter, didn’t we? This would make the story boring, wouldn’t it? I said I would explain it to the audience at a later time, didn’t I? What is the rush then? I am the star of this show, listen to me goddamnit”, although I was saying all of this, it seems like my voice wasn’t being given a listening ear as the timeline is being slowly moved to the time when I just showed that boy the key like object that was being absorbed into my core.

After he exclaimed in such a high tone, he moved back a bit, but after a short while, he quickly shook his head before saying, “No, that is impossible. A little creature like you can’t possibly be in possession of such a powerful weapon”.

He continued squabbling here and there, before moving close to get a better look at it.

He moves here and there examining it, but it seems that it was not still enough and without my permission, he dares to try to take the key out of my body. But I was unwilling to let such a situation unfold. This brat is disrespectful. I don’t mind if he is older than me but he should be dealt with. That was what I felt, but I understood that I couldn’t do anything to him as I had tried formerly with no result.

Although there is nothing that I can do to this brat, I can still try my best to stop him from taking this key from me. After all, he seems scared of the key at first, but seeing it inside me got him to be bold and now he sought to have a free meal. How do I know if he taking this won’t end with me dead? I can’t accept that.

I muster all the strength I had and quickly drag the key, preventing it from getting out of my body. The brat was shocked at first that the key was going back inside me but quickly notices that it was me who was pulling it back in.

He frowns in displeasure as he uses a bit more force to try to take the key from me while saying, “Stop all this you are trying to do and let me get this stuff from you. With this, I can rule over those bastards. Even the god of space won’t be able to have a say and would have no choice than to bow to me”, his expression couldn’t help being happy as he completes his statement as if he was already fantasizing about the scenario happening.

“No way. I can’t have that. I don’t know what would happen after you get this out of me. Even if I don’t die, I am sure I would be in a precarious situation”, I say while forcefully holding the key in.

“Don’t worry. It’s just a little death, nothing more, nothing less. I can find a lot of people to take your place once you are dead with this key. No, there is no need for me to go through this stress for that bastard. Although he would be the one expending most of his powers for it, I won’t try such. But I wonder why he would have wanted me to bring you here though. With this key, it won’t be that hard for me to figure that out”, the brat says without much emotion.

Well, that’s something one would expect from a god. They must have toyed with the lives of various creatures in such a way. If not why would one just transfer me from my perfect life to this world as the lowest of all lowest organisms?

Knowing I was going to die if the key was removed, renews my vigour and I hold on to the key more forcefully. But guess it was due to the powers of a god in play or something else as no matter the effort I put into holding onto the key, it was still being removed from me bit by bit.

Seeing such a situation developing got me feeling devastated. ‘Would I die this way once again? In the hands of this bastard god? How could a god be so heartless?’, allowing such thoughts entering into my mind got me giving up and the brat seeing this becomes happy and continues trying to pull the key out of my body without any remorse.

‘No, I can’t have that. I can’t be resigned to the fate signed to me by this boy. Since this key can instil fear into him, there must be something that would happen if used properly. Maybe it could even kill him’, I got renewed hope from somewhere. After all, I have gone through various difficult situations and other stuff which an average human would term impossible to surmount. One would need a will that has gone through various tempering and a strong heart to go through such situations and come out victorious. This situation wasn’t yet hopeless, there was still hope of something happening and me gaining the upper hand in this fight.

I start dragging the key back, even using my hands to push it back into my body, the brat was unprepared for this and was caught unaware as the key was once again pulled into my body.

He looks at me for a while then smiled before he said, “I guess I underestimated your tenacity”. After dropping those words, the suction force to which he used to pull the key out doubles. Seems like he was going all out this time around also.

This was a battle with my life on the line. I did wonder why he didn’t just kill me though to get the key, but since he did give me breathing space, who am I to let a such chance go?

“If not for the fact of this disappearing after you have been killed, I would have killed you rather than go through all this stress”, the brat says as if he had read through my mind.

‘Fuck you’, was what I said in my mind though. I held on stronger than before.

But as time went on and the struggle for the key continued, I notice that the brat was having the upper hand while the key slowly left my body.

“Guess I should tell you a story then before you finally die”, the boy says with a devious smile on his face. “Once upon a time, a rabbit was running around in a forest, looking for what to eat as usual. Then from nowhere, ‘roarrrr’, a tiger comes attacking and boom a very hectic race begins. The rabbit tries its best not to be killed and the tiger tries its best to hunt for its game. The rabbit runs for a while and doesn’t seem to be getting rid of the tiger. It eventually runs to a dead corner and it seems to have given up hope as it seems like there was nowhere else to. It runs to the right, it didn’t find a way, to the left and it was the same. The tiger slowly crawls towards the rabbit and was like finally, this would be my game for tonight. The rabbit was about to give up, but then it sees a bit of a crack by the side. But for it to pass through the crack, it must have a scrape with death as the tiger seems to be closer to the crack. Having found a way to survive, it steels its mind and runs as fast as it can. The tiger shines its teeth, feeling good about the fact that the rabbit has given up on its life and was willingly running to come to die. The rabbit seeing that the tiger still hasn’t found out its motive increases its speed while the tiger opens its mouth ready to swallow. ‘Fwoosh’, it escapes into the gap. It felt lucky. At least, it would get to live another day. It starts trying to catch its breath. But something happens at this moment”, the brat shows off his teeth which could be likened to a saw’s edge at this moment before continuing its story, “It notices that it was having difficulty with its breathing and that there was a liquid close to it. Slowly, it tries to reach the liquid which he sees. It feels the liquid and realizes that it was blood. Where did this blood come from? It wondered. And slowly,

it focuses its sight on where the blood seems to be coming from and notices at this moment that half of its body was gone. No doubt it has been eaten by the tiger. The tiger was playing with it and had noticed its plan from the beginning

And a claw drags its remaining body out of the crack. It was still at the edge of the crack and not inside as it had initially thought. The tiger completed its meal and the rabbit dies. The end”.

Listening to the end of the story made me feel chills in my body. What kind of weird story was that and what was the need for him to tell me such a story at this moment? Wait, how can an alga feel chills, is it possible?

“You like my story right”, the boy’s voice woke me out of my thoughts, he continues further down by saying, “You can be likened to the rabbit in the story. And since you are the rabbit, guess that makes me the tiger”.

Saying those last words, he drags the key with a stronger force. Just a single string holds the key to my body and I have given up hope. I have resigned to my faith in being the prey and the hunter playing with me.

‘This is how it ends right’, I thought. ‘Guess I can finally be let to rest from these games and plots’, I say inwardly while the key slowly separates from my body, it all went in slow motion at this point.

But, something happens at this moment. A blinding light flashes by which even I as an algae couldn’t stare at. The light seems to be coming from the key, and at the next moment, I found the brat on the floor with blood flowing from its body.

Guess I wasn’t the one who killed him then, seems to be the work of the key. Well, it’s the same thing, the key is part of me after all.

The key seems perfectly safe inside me back, with no harm or scratch done to it. Guess I should rest and maybe start my true exploration of this world tomorrow, “yawns longly”.

Wait algae do not sleep. They just enter into a state of hibernation to recover their lost energy. I have worked a lot today after way.

“System created. Received skill - trickery(god level)”, at this moment I heard that brat’s voice in my head, I become tense all of a sudden and stare at the body of the corpse to watch for any movement and be prepared for it.

A movement does occur though, the body starts dissolving into light particles which were slowly absorbed by the key in my body.

I couldn’t help but be shocked and stare at this key in my body. It seems to have some wondrous effects which I don’t know about.

Well then, till the next chapter. So long.

0