5-1;Sanctuary-Back to It!
846 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry I forgot how time works

 

“Jade, did you really go into that dark cave over there by yourself?” Molie stops and peers at the entrance of the dark cave as Jade stops with her. The cave's shadow seems to stretch as if a magic darkness emanates that makes Mollie shiver from its intimidating presence.  “Yeah. Why?” Jade asks. “It looks really creepy and scary. Why did you enter it?”  “My super sense was telling me that there was something going on and I wanted to check it out.”

Entering the cave, they looked in the door that was still open. Jade finds that the outpost closed on its own and was hidden into its normal cave wall facade. She stabs her sword in the hole and the secret door reveal happens just like before except, “WOW!! YOU FOUND A MAGIC DOOR!!” Molie is yelling loudly at the cool as heck machinations of the outpost. 

They go down stairs into the magical outpost and Molie tries to explore around but Jade says that there isn’t anything interesting to do with it right now and guides her towards the room of the dead person that halted her exploration, “It’s in there. I wasn’t able to go any further because it was creepy as heck.” Jade said. They slowly crack open the door and see the skeleton in the tattered remains of its clothes. Jade feels chills run down her spine. Molie slowly reaches out from the crack of the door with her claw and pokes its skull causing it to roll away from the spine. Molie adopts a calm demeanor and feels the tension in her body fade. “Come on in, he’s long dead and can't hurt us.” “Are you sure?” “Yes this place looks long abandoned; I don't think anything here is alive but us.” Jade makes her way into the room step by step with her hands clasped tightly on her sword. “Come on.” Molie says grabbing Jade’s arm and pulling her along “You kill scary monsters all the time, so a few skeletons won’t trip you up. And if they get up you can just explode them or something.” “But lightning doesn’t work on skeletons!” “So?” Molie begins exploring the room, while Jade follows suit with strained movements staying as far away from the skeleton as possible. Molie rifles through its pockets and eventually calls Jade over, “Hey I found something.” She holds it out to Jade what appears to be a rectangular piece of plastic with a person pale as a ghost as the ID, dirty red hair, bright purple irises but the black pupils are stretched ovular in an almost reptilian fashion, and a sneering expression as if they were about to sneeze and bite your head off at the same time. She realizes this skeleton may not be truly human upon inspecting these features of when they were alive that were clearly out of the norm. Molie comments on this first, “Oh my god we found an alien’s secret base!!!” Jade mumbles, unsure how to fit this into a magical girl context. ‘Just why is all this stuff here?’...

As interesting as the corpses(creepy as hell) were, there was just not enough information to learn any more about the hideout in the room so they moved on to a kitchen-like area.  Looking around, they find cabinets and tables of granite, reminiscent of a modern day kitchen compared to the minimalistic future facade of the rest of the hideout. On the table in the middle of many there is a sink, what appears like a microwave and a stove. They look at the top of the stove and see what appears to be foreign letters where the burners should be. “That looks weird, maybe that says hot in their language?” Jade says. “Maybe. Does it work?” Molie reaches out to one of the knobs and turns it. Glowing lines travel out from the dial, one leaves the room towards the magical antennae, and the other goes to the letters having them illuminate a bright red. After a moment, a small flame appears out of the letter. “Magical stove, cool I guess.”  finding nothing more about it they turn it back off. They move over to the sink and notice one of the knobs near it has 1 symbol and the other 2. 1 of the 2 was similar to the one on the stove. The other matched the other handle. Turning the 2 symbols one the lines once again appeared just before hot water came forth from the sink. “I think the letter on the stove is like hot or fire in their language?” Jade said in a puzzled tone. “Then this one must be water.” Molie said pointing to the single symbol handle. “Maybe we can find out another bit of this language by looking around?!” 

Moving over to what seems to be a fridge, she opens it to find nothing but dust and some ice accumulating in another letter “there’s the same one for cold here as well.” Jade takes out her phone to take pictures of the symbols and labels them. “Ok I have some pictures but there looked to be an electric thing of some sort in the main room. Maybe it has one for electricity.” “The microwave here might be able to give us  some numbers,” Molie said. At the microwave she finds a 4 x 4 grid with some buttons over to the side. Why is it a 4x4 when most microwaves have it in 3x5 pressing the top button the device comes to life with a low hum for a bit leaving 3 letters with a line after the first, it counts down the numbers on the pad. Molie documented the base 16 number system, not that Molie knew what a base 16 number system is.

Jade heads over to the substation next to the antennae in the initial room, and could really feel it with her Super Sense™. ‘Just what does it react to?’ she thought while looking around for a symbol. Eventually she found one on a sign of someone dying, ‘a caution sign maybe?’ She ignores the sign and moves closer. She opens one of the panels and a large crackle and pop booms through the room, lighting shoots out right into her chest cascading insane amounts of energy into her. She reaches out in jerky, twitchy motions as the live electricity courses through her and just before manages to close it she sees the symbol for electricity. ‘Ouch. Ok maybe I should have listened to the danger sign. On the plus side I’m apparently very shock resistant.’ Jade heads back to the room to tell Molie of her findings, ‘At this rate we might actually be able to figure out some of the weird looking tech in this hideout.’

5