A Tiny Fragment in the Past – Epilogue
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The afternoon of that day feels hotter than the previous days somehow. So, Vanilla decided to relax at the Tower Café to read a book and enjoy the breeze at the heights. Her hand takes a few bites of the ice cream she ordered before and adjusts her glasses to focus on the sea of words before her.

 

"Hey, Vanilla. That ice cream-shaped hair clip suits you well."

 

When the girl averts her gaze, someone that could perhaps make the others say to her, 'hey, you've got a nice fashion sense,' sits on the opposite seat of her. She smiles for a greeting while the girl with an ice cream-shaped hair clip stares with a cold expression.

 

"Vemia? What a surprise."

"Today is a holiday. After all, it's only an hour away by train. This place isn't really that far," she replied politely.

"Okay."

Vemia sighs with a smile. "Heh, that's a short response. No wonder, everyone calls you an Ice Queen. I bet your habit of eating ice cream also can be held responsible for that nickname too."

Vanilla stares at Vanilla sharply. "Where did you hear that name?"

"Ehehehe," Vemia is laughing it away lightly.

 

When Vemia glances outside, the dam looks so green. Seeing that building far away made the college girl remember someone who had come to her family at some point to disguise himself as a member of her family.

 

"The guys from the future are amazing, huh. They can do something that seems like a magic for us. I don't know how they technically can visit us from far from the future. But, basically that's what technology from the future capable to, isn't it?" 

Vanilla looks at Vemia without commenting, then closes her book. She takes off her glasses and puts them on the table to stare at the dam from a distance.

When Vemia turns her head, she sees the silhouette of a brown-colored hair girl coming out of this place. Vanilla widens her eyes and spontaneously stands up.

 

"Vanilla?"

 

Vanilla's body is moving by itself to chase after that figure—the silhouette of someone who might be very important to her. Vanilla couldn't remember who, but her feelings told her to stop her quickly. The sentiment is intense, as if her chest could burst at any time. If Vanilla could meet that person right now, then—

When Vanilla arrives at the entrance of the café, she doesn't see anyone. The lift isn't moving at all and stays on the café floor. That means no one has taken the ride recently.

 

Vemia, who is so curious, immediately follows behind Vanilla and looks around as well. "What is it?"

Vanilla exhales with a small smile. "Nothing. There isn't anything."

 

"I thought I'd meet someone who I've been long to see."

 

This is the last piece of this story. Finally, I was able to reach this point :) 

It’s been long and fun to try to adjust this story and publish it on an online reading platform. Hopefully, this story will find you well and you’re also enjoying it as much as I do.

 

Thanks for reading.

0