Chapter 1 – The Experiment
2.6k 14 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stared at the small vial of liquid in the doctor’s hand. It couldn’t have been more than a few mLs and yet it was going to change my life for the next year. Just a small bit of liquid, that’s all it would take…

“Sir? Did you hear what I just said?” the doctor asked in a slight confusion that startled me out of whatever trance I was in

“Sorry? Oh.. uh…. Sorry, I just kinda spaced out there” I nervously played with my hair as I spoke, not looking him in the eye

“I see, well, this is all very important so you better pay attention now” to which I nodded, “Just to reiterate once we inject you with this that’ll be it, you won’t be able to change back for the next year. So you need to be certain that you are ok with going through this for an entire year”

“I mean that won’t be an issue with the rate you all are paying me, I won’t even have to leave the house” I slowly looked around the room, it didn’t really seem like this place could afford could pay me a six figure salary

“That’s fine by us, all we need you to do is monitor your symptoms and keep a small journal of things you notice, good or bad, during the trial” the doc handed me a small pocket book, “No need to write everyday, just whenever you feel that you have something you should say”

“Right… so, how quickly does it work anyway? Will I have to worry about it starting on my way home or anything?” I asked while putting the journal in my coat pocket

“Oh no, it should take about a week before you’ve fully transitioned”

“Oh, well that’s good” leaning back in the exam table a bit I finally looked at the doc in the eyes, “Why are you doing this test anyway? There some kinda benefit in a shot that turns guys into girls?”

“Actually a collective funded this whole trial and everything in it, including your pay, several of them volunteered to be a part of this experiment as well but we decided a few outside subjects would be necessary” doc seemed pretty enthusiastic about it, whatever group paid for this sure put a lot of money into it, “so, are you sure you want to take the shot? Again there’s no backing out after this”

“...yeah, I’m ready, hit me with it” quickly getting up to sit up straight, rolling up the sleeve to my shirt.

 

The shot felt like any other numerous shots I’ve had before, just a quick jab and it was done. As could be expected nothing felt immediately different following it.

“Alright, well that’s everything we need from you today Mr. Davis and we will see you again for your check up in one month’s time” with a smile I shook the doc’s hand and said my goodbyes with half a mind, the rest of my focus set on planning out my life for the next year.

The drive home was slow and agonizing, I hated driving up to the city and now I had to drive all the way back down to the suburbs. As you might expect with rush hour traffic on the freezing cold ice covered January roads, I had plenty of time to think.

In truth I had yet to tell anyone in my life that I had signed on for this experiment after quitting my job just before Christmas, far as anyone else knew I was still employed at the local grocery store. I was not looking forward to telling my parents at all that I was going to be living as a woman for the next year but it’s not like they can stop me now that it’s already done.

Telling my friends on the other hand will certainly be much more of a grab bag of reactions I imagine, my girlfriends - or rather, friends that are girls - will probably get all giddy and want to take me on shopping trips or some shit that I absolutely have no intention on going to, I just did this experiment because I needed the cash.

My guy friends on the other hand? They should all be cool with it for the most part, hopefully none of them try to stick it in me once I’ve… fully changed. Actually it’s probably better to just hope that I turn out to be as ugly as a girl as I am now, don’t think I’d know how to handle creeps in public.

Finally there was my sister, the only one whose reaction I already knew even without hearing it. She had ranted for years when we kids about how badly she wanted a baby sister, she’ll most likely fawn over me more than anyone else and as much as I don’t want to do any of that girly shit I can’t imagine I’ll say no to her for a whole year straight.

 

The long dark winter highways slowly gave way to the much calmer roads of my hometown. My apartment was a shitty little space that I’d been living in for a few years now, but even with it being so small and so lacking in terms of quality a grocery worker’s salary just couldn’t afford to keep it forever. Which is why I signed on for this experiment to begin with.

That night I didn’t even make myself dinner nor shower, I was way too wiped from a whole day of commuting and talking with other living human beings in person to put forth much of an effort in anything. I just laid back in bed and played some games on my laptop for a few hours before calling it a night.

 

The next few days were uneventful, no real changes occurred, I didn’t leave the house, and I mostly just sat around and played games. I probably only showered once over the first week following the injection. I don’t like to think of myself as a gross person but showers quite frankly suck, the last thing I wanna do with my time is have to see and clean every inch of my skinny shitty body.

Even so, I was glad my metabolism was so insanely good, considering how I ate and how I never usually left my room? I’d be massive if it weren’t for my metabolism.

By the time the seventh day came and went I was a little concerned, I found myself standing in the bathroom and measuring my body every morning going forward. The doc said it should take a week before the changes are done, but so far the only change I could see is that my chest looks very slightly puffy. If this was really the only change that would occur then sure, the next year would be easy as hell, and yet… I felt a little… disappointed? It’s not that I wanted to have a lot of changes but I’m disappointed for the doctors, they seemed so enthusiastic about this project.

 

Regardless of changes or not though I figured it was about time to tell my parents about what was happening, better now than if more changes start to occur. After ringing up my folks and telling them I had some stuff I wanted to tell them I slipped on my hoodie and stepped out into the cold January air.

The wind made me shiver instantly and grab my arms for warmth, as I did so I felt my arm brush against my nipple, my nipple had perked up so intensely from the cold it caught me off guard when my arm brushed against and I let out a slight gasp that definitely didn’t go unnoticed by a nearby pedestrian.

Despite the cold and the snow and ice everywhere I only lived a few blocks away from my parents, so I decided to walk the way there to give myself some time to come up with the right way to phrase everything. It wasn’t just that I was worried they were going to react poorly to a financial decision, I’d have to be sure to hammer in that this is temporary just to assuage any fears they might have. Funnily enough I was so lost in thought while walking that I hardly noticed how badly I was shivering until I finally rang the doorbell, the door immediately swinging open.

“Dillan Jeremy Davis! Did you walk here in the freezing cold?” my doting mother was quick to rush me inside the house and grabbing every possible blanket that was nearby to throw at me while I sat on the couch

“I’m fine mom” my words only coming out between a mixture of shivers and pushing the dozen or so blankets out of my face

“The hell did you decide to walk here for?” my father finally chirped up from his recliner, a suspicious eyebrow raised already

“W-well you know I’m a little hard on cash right now”

“Why didn’t you just say so? We coulda come and picked you up ourselves!” mom sat in another recliner, across the room from where dad’s was which left me sitting on a sofa that was between the two

“Mom I’m 28, I don’t need to get rides from my parents”

“Oh hush you, you definitely aren’t walking all the way back to your house in these conditions” brushing me off with a huff I knew better by now than to challenge her on this one.

 

The room sat in an awkward silence for an uncomfortably long length of time, both my parents seeming to wait with baited breath for whatever I had to say to them.

“Well, what’d you want to tell us?” dad finally the broke the silence, it was probably only a few seconds long but to me it felt like hours

“Right… that… uh…” why did I have to be so bad at speaking? My heart felt like it was in my throat for no reason at all, “well… I have some good news and some bad news”

Pausing with a chuckle I could immediately see the worry on mom’s face

“The bad news is… that I quit my job”

“You did what?” she was practically falling over her recliner in an almost comedic reaction while dad didn’t do or say anything at all

“But the good news! I got a new gig that pays super well”

“How well we talkin here?” I was weirdly thankful to get one of dad’s usual curt responses

“I’ll be making a hundred thousand this year” leaning back on the couch I pulled a blanket over the rest of my body, prepping for the worst part

“A hundred thousand? Well that’s great news son!” dad seemed completely elated while mom… she didn’t look quite so pleased

“What exactly is this job?” knowing her she probably thought I was working as a drug smuggler or a prostitute, two things that she for whatever reason considered to be equally immoral

“Nothing really… it’s not exactly a job see, I’m…. uh… part of a medical experiment” I couldn’t bring myself to look her in the eyes, taking in a deep breath, “for an experimental drug that will turn me into a woman for the next year” I blurted out all in one fast sentence.

 

The room fell deafeningly silent, this time definitely for an unusual length of time, my eyes darted between mom and dad over and over again just waiting for either to say a word to me. The silence had to be at least thirty seconds and in that time my mind ran rampant trying to plan for whatever worst case scenario could possibly happen.

“You mean… they’re gonna give you… you know… girl parts?” surprisingly dad was the one who broke the silence, even if it was with an awkward question like that

“W-well… yeah… that’s part of the drug”

“And you signed on for this without telling us?!” and there it was

“Mother I-” I began

“Dammit, he’s a grown man, he can take work without asking either of us for permission” dad was quick to cut me off with a huff and… a surprisingly logical statement.

It completely caught us both off guard, leaving mom slack jawed for a few seconds.

“Are you saying that you are fine with our son taking experimental drugs for the next year?”

“For six figures? Shit I’d take whatever drugs they’d want me to for that much money” dad’s attention nonchalantly returned to his laptop

“I cannot believe you right now! You aren’t worried for our son in the slightest?!” I was completely in shock, I’m not sure if it was intentional or not but dad had managed to shift mother’s hysteria towards himself rather than it landing squarely on me, “So when do you start this experiment?” mom asked with a sigh

“Well… it actually started a week ago”

“I…. see…. Well then, I guess your father’s right” she shot him the ‘angry wife’ stare for just a moment, “is there… a different name you’re supposed to go by or anything?”

“Huh? Oh, no… I’m still Dillan, I’m still a guy at heart mom so you don’t have to treat me any differently than you do now and besides, in a year I’ll be back to normal again” I tried my best to assuage her fears.

 

Over the next few hours my parents and I talked and caught up on everything going on with each other, the experiment hardly came up at all for the rest of the night as a matter of fact. I’m not sure if it was because mom knew there was nothing she could do or if it was just that she had accepted it so quickly. But either way the night quickly passed until my father finally drove me home.

“Don’t pay your mother no mind now” he chuckled while starting his old beat up truck

“Frankly I think she handled it way better than I was anticipating” I slightly chuckled back, leaving the car in a casual quiet as dad began to drive

“...you should try and think of a name for yourself” he caught me off guard yet again, “I mean… this is a once in a lifetime chance right? Might as well try and get as much of an experience out of it as you can”

“Oh… uh… y-yeah maybe…”

“That’s just my suggestion though” even though I wasn’t looking at him I knew he shrugged as he said that

The car slowly rolled to a stop and I got up and out of the truck

“I’ll see ya later, love ya son”

“Love you too dad” I waved to him for a few seconds before quickly getting inside to get away from the freezing winds.

The whole way up the stairs towards my apartment I couldn’t help but think of what my dad said… was I squandering this year if I didn’t try and enjoy it? I suppose a new name would be easier if I ever meet someone new once the changes start…

 

A few more days passed until the 13th, or 10 days after the injection, I awoke to my body being in serious pain. All of my muscles, no, even my entire skeleton felt like it was being compressed and it wasn’t until I got in front of the bathroom mirror that I fully realized why. On the surface I didn’t look that different, my face was largely unchanged and my body structure as a whole was very similar save one major change, my entire body was smaller than it used to be.

As a kid I never really stood out much, except for my height, I always used to think I had giant’s blood in me because normally I stood at 6’5” but now? I could have definitely lost close to half a foot, I was probably just barely over six feet tall. Some more subtle changes also made themselves apparent once I got over the height loss were that my skin was far softer and smoother than it ever was before and the stubble that always lingered on my chin was completely gone.

I didn’t exactly look like a woman yet, nor did I really look androgynous… but it was a start! The serum was working after all.

The pain didn’t go away at all over the course of the day, so I decided to stay in bed and move as little as possible, and threw something on youtube to fill time through the day. I didn’t pay much mind to whatever I was watching though, spending most of the day wondering idly if more changes awaited me in the morning.

 

Surely enough the very next day brought a few more changes alongside it, my already pretty slender and scrawny arms got a bit thinner which immediately made me self conscious, I had always been frail. Meanwhile my hip bones went through a pretty dramatic change, shifting my proportions more towards a womanly one as it worked in tandem with my shoulder slimming down some.

All of these changes were definitely noticeable but I spent much more time fixated on the big change of the day…. They were small, but A-cup boobs had definitely sprouted up out of my chest. At this point I definitely couldn’t argue against the fact that I looked quite androgynous and with my Adam's apple still pretty visible I looked a lot like a femboy. 

Without even really thinking about it I reached down into my boxers to check if it was still there and much to my surprise it still was… albeit noticeably smaller than it used to be, at least I think so? To be honest I don’t really measure myself down there and usually keep my attention focused away from it. In all actuality this was probably the first time I’ve touched it at all since the experiment began. With that answer in mind I took my hand out of my pants and quickly washed off whatever scent would have been left on my fingers. 

When I met my reflection’s gaze while washing my hands a small thought came to mind, how in the world was I going to go grocery shopping the next day?!

 

The rest of the day passed in what felt like a blur and before I knew it, it was time to go grocery shopping as all of my food was gone. After spending a few minutes cursing myself for not shopping before the changes began I dressed in the biggest sweat pants I owned to try and hide my hips and wore an enormous hoodie on top to match it. But because I had shrunk so much I had to wear a belt with the pants or else they’d fall down and the sleeves for the hoodie extended past my fingertips.

The clothes were so baggy on me that if I put the hood up I looked more like a Sith Lord than a man or woman, it was the perfect disguise to hide myself just in case I saw anyone I knew at the store.

I moved as quickly as I could down to my car, passing a few people on the way that I think might have given me a weird look? But I could also just be paranoid.

 

The whole drive to the store my heartbeat was in my ears, in my mind I was hastily planning out my entire route through the grocery store to get in and out as quickly as I could physically manage. I knew there was very little chance of seeing someone I knew and even less of a chance that they would recognize me considering how much shorter I am now but still, the possibility was terrifying.

With my proverbial cloak covering as much of me as humanly possible I walked as fast as I could manage safely into the store and grabbed a cart. I found myself being almost entirely on auto pilot from the stress, just dropping things into my cart without ever really looking at them and continuing to walk my way through the isles.

Disaster struck the instant I rounded the corner into aisle seven, standing in the middle of the aisle was my closest childhood friend Kevin just doing his own shopping. We had been friends since kindergarten and had spent years being pretty much connected at the hip.

 

Luckily he wasn’t looking at me, instead examining the chip selection like his life depended on it, so he didn’t see the wide eyed doe stare that had lingered on my face for several seconds. I quickly pulled my hood as deep over my face as I could manage and tried to casually stroll my way past him.

The heat radiating off of my face only made further heat spread across my ever cherry colored face. The relief I felt when he didn’t even look back at me as I passed him was the best feeling that I had in years, it felt as if I had just escaped from a monster in a movie.

With that harrowing experience behind me I went through the remaining aisles even faster than before and rang up all of my items in the self-checkout at the speed of a fighter jet.

 

Shutting the door to my apartment behind me my trembling legs nearly buckled before I could reach my bed. At least I got all the food I’d need for the month and wouldn’t have much of a need to go out again until February. Maybe I need to try out one of those apps so I can just pick up my groceries without having to go inside the store…

 

The following week was completely normal, with my grocery experience behind me I needed time to recover my everything before even considering telling anyone else in my life about the experiment. Looking back today I wish I would have told everyone else in my life earlier, why you may ask?

Because today, January 22nd, I awoke to presumably the final set of changes. My mouth was completely agape as I stared at the woman in the mirror, she wasn’t outrageously thick but she had what I could only assume were C cups with modestly wide hips and nice fat thighs. Any trace of masculinity left that was on her face and body had completely washed away in the night, she… I… was undeniably a girl.

I reached down into my boxers again to sure enough find that it was gone, leaving just… well… you know what it left in it’s place. I couldn’t be sure but I also think my hair had gotten a bit longer? It had nearly reached down to my chin when I could have sworn it was still a few inches shorter just a week ago, though I couldn’t be sure given that I tried to look at myself as little as possible normally. Today though? I was practically glued to the mirror, staring back at my green eyes that seemed a fair bit bigger and brighter than before and examining and measuring my body to the best of my own ability.

 

It was hard to explain the feeling in my chest, there was fear and anxiety but also a strange sense of happiness and warmth. I guess I was more emotionally attached to the success of the experiment than I thought? Success for the doctor’s sake of course, and the people who would want a product like this, not me. 

Even though I would have obviously preferred to stay with as few changes as possible I couldn’t deny that my curiosity had been piqued and I felt a slight smile on my face as I looked down at myself.

After what felt like an hour a powerful tinge of dread ran up my back, now I had to tell my friends and my sister about the experiment… while looking like this? Fuck.1Sorry if this story isn't very good, I'm not the best at writing and want to try and get better over the course of this series!

87