Chapter 21: Deepest wish
271 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was the third day since Virin has been grinding to help Sriya level up to at least level 10, so he could move further with his plans.

Meanwhile, Sriya has been trying to soak all the knowledge so, she can support Virin, in every way possible.

Even though there was slight tension between them, it was her wish to support him and shoulder his burden as much as possible.

Virin was again on his Rabbit hunt and wished today Sriya might level up again and they could move to Doosra City, which was near a novice dungeon.

Adventuring with beautiful ladies has been on his bucket list and ranked number two, after being in bed with beautiful ladies taking the first spot.

*Thwack!* 

{163 XP}

He hacked the rabbit with his sword, killing it instantly.

'With this, I might be able to get her something good,' he thought inwardly and rushed back to the city.

It was a little early for him to return, but today was a special day for him and he wanted to share it with Sriya.

He went back to the Guild Branch and after selling his haul, he sneaked out while making sure Sriya didn't come to know about his return.

He visited his next destination which was the flea market to get something for Sriya.

He was roaming around to find something good while hoping that his passive 'Luck skill' will fetch him something good.

Merchants were using their carts as temporary shops and had even laid down their wares on the ground to get clients.

He was roaming around in the market like he was a kid that got separated from his parents.

There were so many things to choose from. From rings to necklaces, and dresses to beauty enhancers amulets.

This only made it hard for Virin to decide on what to buy.

He had earned 1 gold coin with some Silver change after selling the meat of the 'Two horned' rabbits.

So he decided to spend 1 gold coin on a gift and silver for taking Sriya to some good restaurant for dinner.

That might bring them back close like before, he wished.

"You're in the wrong place. You don't belong here!"

While Virin was lost in a daze, he heard a hoarse masculine voice.

Virin turned his head to look in the direction from where he heard the voice and found an old blind man casually sitting in his carriage.

With a smile, he was gesturing Virin to come near.

His carriage was filled with charms and talismans that made it look like he was doing some shady business with black magic or voodoo stuff.

Virin cringed at such a cliche setting.

'Now he will try to scam me with some good, claiming that I'm very lucky and all sorts of things,' he thought inwardly while walking towards the man.

"What are you talking about, old man?" muttered Virin while standing near the carriage.

"Four candidates have already started moving forward on their path. But you, how can there be a 'Fifth candidate'? This doesn't make any sense," said the old man while thinking deeply.

"I don't know what 'candidate' you are talking about and I'm not interested in it. But all I want to know is, on what shit you're high? I would love to try that," replied Virin while folding his arm over his chest.

Then suddenly a young man rushed the carriage and while breathing heavily said, "Excuse him, he always talks like that. My grandfather, he's just a delusional old man, please ignore him."

The young man then joined his hand while seeking Virin's forgiveness.

"Ahh! that makes sense," muttered Virin.

'So this grandpa has a few screws loose, due to old age,' he thought inwardly.

"It's fine. I liked his smile," said Virin while laughing and looking at the old man. 

"Would you like to buy anything?" the young man questioned while trying to diver Virin's attention.

"Let me take a look," muttered while looking at his wares. He understood very well that the young man was diverting his attention.

While the young man went to deal with another customer the old man spoke again.

"What are you looking forward to achieving in this life? Authority? Power? Justice?" 

Virin thought for a few seconds and said, "Women!"

The old man's eyes were wide open, he didn't expect that answer.

"So tell me, what is your deepest desire?" asked the old man.

"Dying old, in the bosom of women I love!" replied Virin nonchalantly.

"Pffft~ hahaha!" the old man started laughing.

"Interesting! Come here, just let me touch your back once," said the old man.

"Sorry I don't like weird old men touching me," said Virin.

"Tch~ What are you looking for?" asked the old man after clicking his tongue.

"A gift!" replied Virin while his gaze was scanning the wares on display.

"For a woman I presume? Let's do this. Just let me touch your back once and I will compensate you equally," said the old man with a smile.

Virin looked at the doubtful gaze and said, "I swear to God if you try something funny, I'll kill you!"

The old man rolled over his eyes and after touching his back he muttered, "I knew it! Six arms and no wings, the spiritual signature, this one is....different."

"You're different....to break the clear-cut duality I guess. Hmm...mmmm."

After listening to his mumble Virin felt weird and walked away.

The old man after concluding his mind questioned Virin, "So what's special about this woman?"

"She's an Angel!" he muttered as a matter of fact. 

"Oh is she?" questioned the old man from Virin.

"And she hates me, I guess?" Virin said after nodding, with a crestfallen gaze.

"Hmm...What did you do?" he asked.

"Why should I tell you?" Virin looked at him with disgust.

"Hahaha, Kid I'm more experienced than you in every field. I might have a solution for you," said the old man.

After looking at the old man for a minute with a frown, he sighed and started telling him the story while disclosing several facts.

"Hmmm! You've two issues, kid," said the old man while showing two fingers.

"First, you're too desperate and trying too hard to win her affection. The affection of another is achieved with the flow of time. These things can't be achieved with haste."

"Take it slow and give her some time to adjust with you."

Virin nodded after listening to him. While the old man continued.

"Then the second problem. You can't control the person you love. If they're not happy with you, you have to let them go."

Virin frowned with anger but the old man continued.

"You can't force someone to love you. If she hates the real you, you have to let her go."

"Holding her and forcing her to stay with you against her will, would only cause more pain to her and you!" 

Virin's eyes opened wide and then again became crestfallen. It was true, past a few days have been like suffocating for him.

"And you want happiness for her right?"the old man finished.

Virin nodded.

"Okay, we are done with heavy talk. So what class does she have?" he questioned Virin.

"Healer!" he replied.

"Hahahhahahahaha! This must be the fate!" The old man started laughing and after going through his pocket, he tossed a slightly crude-looking ring toward Virin which he caught.

"I think she will love this," muttered the old man.

Although it looked slightly worn out, it was still beautiful.

'A few moments in the hands of a jeweler and it will be as good as new,' he thought.

"How much for this old man?" he asked the old man.

"It's free!" replied the old man nonchalantly.

"Sorry, but I wanted to buy something for her. Here keep the change!" said Virin and tossed the gold coin.

From the looks of it, the ring would cost more than that and he knew this very well.

Then Virin used Analyse on the ring.

[???]

'Hmm....it seems my skill is under Leveled to examine it,' he thought and then looked at the old man.

"What is this ring? If anything happens to her...I swear death would be like a blessing for you!" said Virin while looking at the poker face.

The old man sighed and said, "It helps in finding true love!"

Virin looked at him with a frown and then walked away.

                      ______________________

 When Sriya was coming down from the library which was on the first floor, Virin was waiting for her with a smile.

When she arrived next to him she noticed that there was something different about him today.

He put forward his hand and asked, "Would a beautiful lady such as yourself like to join me on a date on this beautiful evening?"

Sriya took his hand with a smile and muttered, "Gladly!"

8