Chapter 24: Priestess and Sura/Asura
371 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sriya? Sriya? what's wrong?" he started panicking.

She was breathing heavily and squirming in pain.

Virin immediately sat up and looked at her body with slight fear. Then his gaze fell on the glowing ring on her finger.

It was the same ring, he had gifted her earlier. He thought of removing it, Sriya's pain subsided and she calmed down.

He picked her up in his embrace and started kissing her face in relief, as he asked, "Are you alright?"

She nodded and while panting she said, "I'm fine..!

But I feel something has changed or I got stronger, for some reason."

'Huh? This is not a dual cultivation novel,' he thought inwardly.

Then he decided to use Analyse.

                     _____________________

Name: Sriya

Race: Human- Slave 

Age: 32

Class: Priestess

Level: 9

Strength:76

Attack: 72

Defense: 84

Stamina:87

Agility:75

Mana:145

Skills: Low Heal (Lvl-1), Soul Light (Lvl-2), 

Holy Aura (Lvl-1), Piercing Light (Lvl-1), 

Basic Cure (Lvl 2), Basic Cooking (Lvl -9), 

Clean (Lvl-5), Refresh (Lvl -3), Lie Detection (Lvl - 2), Bibliophile ( Lvl-5), Novice Water Affinity (Lvl-3).

                      _____________________

His eyes opened in shock and he muttered, "Sriya! your class changed!"

"What nonsense are you spouting, Vir!" 

Sriya didn't believe him and opened her status to check it out for herself.

When she saw for herself, her eyes opened wide and her jaw fell.

While she was dealing with her shock, Virin looked at her status screen and his gaze was fixed on her titles.

'Title: Virin Irya's Slave, Priestess of Sura/Asura'

'Priestess of Sura/Asura, what kind of chunni title is that,' he thought with a frown.

Then he felt a tug on his hand and wetness on his lips.

When his train of thought was halted, he found himself in her embrace while she was kissing him.

"Well deal with this tomorrow. Right now, I want you to ravage and punish me more," she muttered while panting and kissing him again.

Virin also shrugged and started massaging her breasts, while battling with her tongue for dominance.

They went on for several rounds in the night and finally fell asleep in each other's embrace.

                         __________________

Virin's eyes opened in the morning and two beautiful breasts, like warm suns, greeted him 'good morning.'

His gaze then lifted upwards and he saw Sriya was sleeping while hugging his face near her bosom.

Although she was drooling over his head, he found her cute and carefully got out of her embrace and walked towards the window.

Her change of class and title was still on his mind.

Although it hasn't been too long since he arrived in this world, he could somewhat deduce, that her class was changed due to the ring that the blind man gave him.

That crude-looking ring now shone like a Platinum band and now, over her ring, there were several rune-like inscriptions all over it.

He decided to visit that flea market again. That old man held important information from him while giving him the ring.

While he was looking outside through the window, Sriya woke up and looked at him.

He wasn't wearing any clothes and she could see that he wasn't the only one who was awake.

Then suddenly her gaze shifted to his back and she frowned.

This was the first time, she had seen his bare back but there was something on his back.

"Hey Vir, what's that on your back?" she asked with curiosity.

He was confused and questioned her. "What's on my back?"

Sriya hit her forehead and said, "What's that painting on your back?"

He touched his back and in confusion muttered, "What painting?"

The design almost covered his entire back.

"Umm, It looks like a black and white portrait of a human...but no...the figure has 6 arms," she muttered, as he showed her his complete back and she inspected it closely.

"What?" he was beyond astonished.

Sriya brought the parchment they used for teaching Virin and made a rough drawing, similar to the design that was on Virin's back.

"The white side has similar features to that of a human, at least it looks quite normal if you ignore several arms."

"Meanwhile, the dark side looks more.... should I say aggressive and slightly evil I guess?"

She then handed over the drawing to him and told him that the drawing on his back was symmetrically divided in the Black and White shade.

Virin saw the drawing while he was still thinking about her title in the back of his mind.

He already knew that it was a design that depicted a half, 'Asura and Sura'.

[A/N: Why not Angel and Devil you ask? Because it's quite repetitive in many stories and it's boring :p]

Then his mind raced back to Sriya's title. 

'Priestess of Asura/Sura,' he muttered inwardly while thinking deeply.

He was confused and he needed answers and he couldn't go around while discussing this.

He looked at Sriya and said, "Sriya, can you try to find some information regarding this design on my back or your class changes and title, in the guild library?"

She nodded with a frown. They ignored it earlier due to the fact they were sunken in pleasure but now, this issue needed their full concern.

"Meanwhile, I'll go find the person I got this ring from," he said while trying to pull the ring but it wouldn't even budge.

'Shit!' he mumbled.

He used oil and a similar substance to slide that ring off her thin finger but it had become one with the finger.

Sriya told him to calm down. She wasn't in any sort of pain or danger. So, they decided to look into this matter calmly.

"Hey Vir, what is an 'Assura and Sura'? You called this 'thing' that right?" she questioned him with curiosity.

"You mean Asura," he corrected her and started explaining.

"Well, generally speaking, Asura are beings of immense power who are in a constant battle against the Suras," he said and then he noticed that she was even more confused.

"Agh! How should I explain this!" he said while thinking.

"The pantheon I pray...." he started explaining but was interjected.

"You pray?" she questioned him with wide eyes.

He ignored her and began;

"The pantheon I pray, Sura and Asura belong to. They are the two opposites of the same coin."

"Sura or the Devas, are generally associated with good on the other hand Asura, are associated with evil and both of them collide with each other for dominance."

"However, you can't generalize either. There are some Suras with nasty personalities while there are also some Asura who was good."

"Look it's hard to explain without triggering many people, so let's not get into religion, shall we!"

Sriya nodded and muttered, "Is it like Angels and Devils?"

Virin frowned but he thought it would be better to agree with that thinking. He wished there was the internet, so he could show her some videos and articles to differentiate between Sura and Asura.

'At least readers have access to the internet,' he thought while sighing in relief.

Religion and beliefs are soft topics and one should just hold their opinion to themselves.

He then finally realized something important and questioned Sriya, "Wait! There are Angels and Devils here?"

Sriya laughed and said, "Of course there are!"

Virin sighed he would like to stay away from followers of both sides.

Virin decided to do some investigation today and told Sriya to get ready. He decided to head to the flea market, after leaving her at the guild.

He needed answers fast. He had a bad feeling that his life which was supposed to be peaceful was about to become some web novel's plot.

                          _________________

[A/N: If you guys are interested in reading more about Sura and Asura, I'll leave a link in the comments of some interesting discussion I found on Quora]

                        ___________________

Virin was walking through the flea market. He was currently looking for the merchant he had brought the ring from and which he had gifted to Sriya.

When he approached merchants nearby, he was told that the person he was looking for had already left for another city to sell their wares.

Virin was deeply annoyed and tried to inquire about any item that could change someone's class.

But all he got was mocking laughs and taunts, for being delusional.

Only by breaking the bounds of each rank, a person could upgrade their class. There were no shortcuts or other means to bypass this.

He wished that at least Sriya had better luck in finding some information regarding the mark on his back.

When Virin arrived at the guild building, he found Sriya waiting for him with a smile.

He rushed over to her and asked, "Any luck?"

She wrapped his left arm in her embrace and told him that they should get out of there first.

They visited an open space, near the western city gates. It was an open space with some vacant plots and people usually come there to chill or host family picnics.

They both sat on the bare field together side by side and Sriya rested her head on his firm shoulder.

He was now worried, Sriya had kept her mouth shut for their entire walk. He then asked her, "What happened, Sriya? Did you find something?"

Sriya nodded and said, "I did!"

"Oh that's great so.." as he was speaking, he got interjected by Sriya.

She took both his palms, in her small soft palms, and while looking at them she questioned him;

"Hey Vir! what do you intend to do in the future?"

He frowned while he looked at her curious expression and said, "I don't understand what you mean?"

She raised his plans and kissed them and said, "I mean do you have any goal in mind? You must have thought about something?"

Looking at her serious face, Virin knew he could have given half-hearted answers like the ones he gave to that old man.

He then sighed and said, "To be honest, I came to this world because I wanted to run away from my previous miserable one."

"Although I was praying to God for years for this to happen, I never expected it to happen."

"I mean there are millions of people out there who would be praying for this same wish."

"When I first came here, all I ever wanted was to build a huge harem of ladies."

After listening to that Sriya's lips twitched and several veins popped on her forehead. But after calming down she sighed.

'Well he's young and has a lot of.... vigor,' she thought after remembering he was still after going three rounds.

Although she knew that even if he gets many women, he'll still show the same affection and love he shows to her now.

'He's quite a possessive man and had a few screws loose when it comes to me,' she thought inwardly and chuckled.

Virin was unaware of what was going on in Sriya's mind, "But I'm not sure about the future?"

Sriya nodded and then said, "Let me lay down some options for you, okay?"

With a nod, he gave her the affirmation to speak further.

*Ahem!~*

She cleared her throat and began.

"First, do you want to seek power and dominance over others, no matter what the cost ?" 

{Asur/Demon-lord route}

"Second, do you want to help others who are suffering? A person with courage, an illustrious warrior. Someone who is admired by or an idol of the masses, etc. There are many more things you can achieve."

{Sura/Hero route}

"Thirdly, do you just want to follow your instincts, deciding what's wrong or right on your own accord and do whatever you desire while making the best path for yourselves and your loved ones?"

{Anti-hero route}

"And finally, just living out there, without giving a dime about the world and frolicking around with your 'Harem of Ladies' as much as you like?"

{Smuty-slice of life route}

While giving the last option she kept glaring at him with annoyance. He pulled her closer and rested her forehead on her chest and started thinking about the options while caressing her head.

'I know the author is going to ruin this if choosing the right option would be left to him,' he sighed inwardly.

Then his opened wide and he thought, 'What If the reader's got to choose.'

As if witnessing a revelation, Virin's eyes opened wide and he looked toward the readers.

With a gaze filled with hope, maybe they can help him in finding the best route.

Here's the Asura/ sura discussion: https://www.quora.com/Who-are-the-Asuras

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

6