Chapter 25: Goal for our future
310 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A/N: The council has spoke, so be it!]

"So Vir! what do you intend to do in the future?" Sirya questioned him again while he was mulling over his thoughts.

*haah!*

A tired sigh escaped his lips and he began speaking.

"First of all, I would like to straight up reject the first option you gave to me. Dominion over others is too much hassle for me."

Then he started thinking internally, 'And most importantly, if I became some demon lord or similar existence, Lord Neetesh would be in trouble. I'm his first field subject.'

'He is a new God in training and might be thrown out from the pantheon. That world needs a god like him, especially all the cultured people over there,' he thought.

Sriya unbeknownst to his inner turmoil nodded to his answer with a satisfied smile.

"To be honest, I have never had the personality to help others. I'm a selfish man with self-interest. I only take care of the people I like, which are very limited in numbers."

"Although I would love to be idolized by you but the opinion of others, doesn't matter to me. So the second option also doesn't sit well with me!"

While grabbing her hand in his palms he said, "I would love to travel around the world with you, while adventuring. Doing our own thing, meeting interesting people, trying strange and new cuisines...."

"Banging the new lovers that you'll find," she interjected her thoughts, with a pout.

Virin ignored her and continued, "... uncovering mysteries of this world. Then maybe settle down with you, after 9-10 years and have some kids."

"Hahahaha!~" she laughed and put her head on his chest and mumbled.

"In the next 6-7 years, I might get too old to be with someone like you!"

He patted her head and said, "What nonsense you're talking about. Women are like wines, they get better with age."

"You won't be saying that once these start sagging down," she said while lifting her breasts.

He frowned and his jaw fell after listening to her. He can't let that happen.

With a serious gaze, he looked at her and asked, "This world must have some magic to slow down age or stop someone from aging, right?"

"Pfftttt! Hahaha, look at those expressions of yours. I don't think there is anything like that," she said.

"Otherwise all the ladies would've been immortal by now," she said with a shrug.

He shook his head in denial and said, "Impossible! This world is filled with magic and mystery. There has to be a way to stop your boo- *ahem!"

"Stop you from aging!" he corrected himself at the lost moment.

She looked at him in disbelief, while veins were popping on her forehead.

"Ha ha ha! See I found another goal for our future," he said while letting out a nervous chuckle.

"So what did you find at the library," he questioned her to change the topic.

                        __________________

A few hours ago.....

Sriya was sitting in front of the pile of parchments and books while holding her head.

She has been trying to find any information regarding the strange mark imprinted on Virin's back.

She has already spent several hours by now but she couldn't find any clue.

Then Klem came into the library and sat in front of her while ensuring a good distance from her.

"Something troubling you Mrs. Betrothed?" he asked Sriya casually.

She glanced in his direction and then went back to doing her own thing.

"Hahahaha! You know with old age comes wisdom. Tell me what's troubling you, I might have the information you're looking for," he said while turning a few parchments.

She ignored him. Even if she was desperate, she couldn't trust others with Virin's secret.

Klem laughed dryly. She was ignoring him and if it wasn't for the Guild Manager forcing him to take care of the duo, he would have never come here.

He then looked at the parchments and books in front of him and said, "Hmm, magic seals... blood ritual...oh black arts patterns. Quite interesting choices I must say."

Sriya ignored him and was reading a book on devil possession.

Klem then started turning away a few pages of the book in his hand and started speaking.

"You know, after every few centuries, some unusual individuals appear in this world."

"Every individual decides their path, with their actions and ideology."

"Some walk the path of Justice and good in the guidance of the Gods, while some are misled by devils and they walk the path of death and destruction."

"Very interesting right?"

He looked at Sriya. Although she was listening to him with great interest she didn't show it on her face.

"When these unusual individuals collide, the world itself becomes their battle arena."

"Countless people lose their lives, many countries are eradicated and what is left behind is forgotten history."

"But you know what is common with all these individuals?"

He asked Sriya but she just looked at him with a poker face.

"They all bear a mysterious mark on their back."

Sriya's eyes opened wide.

"Though there are not any records to prove this. But it is believed, each of them has a mark of half Angel and half Devil on their back."

"Half dark and half light. Just like a duality between good and evil."

"Oh look at the time! I should head back home otherwise my wife's gonna beat the heck out of me, today is her birthday."

"I need to get her a present!"

Klem was about to leave but Sriya stopped and spoke for the first time.

"Wish her a happy birthday and have a great night!"

He smiled and before leaving said, "Thank you and good night!"

                    ______________________

"Even though yours is slightly different, other similarities can't be disregarded," said Sriya.

Virin nodded while holding his chin and thought, 'Maybe mine is different because I'm a follower of a different pantheon.'

'Meanwhile, mine also represents the duality, similar to that of Angels and Devils,' he thought in a daze.

After thinking for a while, he said, "So that's why you were concerned about my future choices."

She nodded hesitantly and then hugged him while placing her face near his chest.

"I don't want you to be blinded by power and greed and become a plaything of some devil," she said in a hushed voice and continued.

"I don't know what kind of things you had to go through in your previous life. But your personality is slightly twisted."

"You show quite negative emotions towards others, that's borderline psycho-sociopathic."

"Ever since we met, you've been trying too hard to win my affection. As if you were afraid of something." 

"Such emotions can be used against you or to manipulate you by other forces, for you to do their bidding."

"But at the same time, I know you're a warm and gentle person on the inside and there are so many good qualities in you."

Then after sniffing his scent, she muttered, "But no matter what path you choose, I will follow you. If you ever need my help or guidance, I will be there."

"Even if the world comes to hate you and stand against you."

"I will always be on your side and no matter what others say, for me, you will always be right."

"Because I love you!"

She then kept her mouth shut and only the sound of the gentle wind and their breath could be heard.

Virin's eyes turned slightly moist. No one has ever told him those three words, not even Sriya in his previous life.

He couldn't even remember how long he had wished someone to say those words to him.

He hugged her tightly and while choking on emotions, in a nasal voice, he muttered, "Thank you, Sriya!"

She then gently started ruffling his hair and leaned toward his ear while breathing hot air into it.

Then with a sultry voice, she mumbled, "Hehehe! Of course, Mumma will always love you!"

A jolt went through his body and he looked at Sriya with the eyes of a predator.

'Shit!' she cursed inwardly. Now she was regretting not having control over her loose tongue.

While panicking she started pushing him away, "Wait not here...not in the open."

But all that was in vain, as he picked her up in a princess carry and took her near a tree while she flailing her body.

Then he started kissing her while walking and she became a meek little lamb waiting for its slaughter.

Thanks for reading

9