Chapter 26: Gearing Up
253 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Virin's morning began with a wet sensation over his lips.

He opened his eyes and they met a pair of emerald eyes, looking at him with a gentle gaze and a sensation of hot breath tickling his face.

"Good morning, Vir," she said.

Ever since her confession, a few days back, she would always shower him with lots of love, be it day or night.

She even acted more intimate than him, when they were alone.

He pulled her and rested his face in her bosom and while sniffing her alluring scent, muttered, "Good morning, Sriya!"

She was caressing his hair while hugging his head that was lodged in her valley and with a gentle tone asked, "So what's the plan for today?"

He separated himself from divine objects and muttered, "You now have quite a decent level for the starter. So, I was thinking about taking you on a nearby hunt and helping you gain some experience."

"Having a high level is all good but if you don't have an ounce of experience on how to use your skills and fight, they're all useless."

He could help her in power leveling but if she never went through an actual battle, she won't be able to achieve efficiency and how use her skills more efficiently.

She nodded. Although she was quite nervous about fighting, she wanted to help him in living his dream to go on adventuring with her.

Then after looking at her body and scanning every inch of it, he said, "But first we need armor for you."

"Let's go to the guild armory and get ourselves some weapons and protective gear," he said.

"Ummm, Vir..!" she hesitantly spoke and her eyes started darting everywhere, while her cheeks turned slightly red.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I need to buy new clothes," she muttered.

"What happened to your previous ones?" he questioned her.

Although, he didn't care how many dresses she desired. He knew that Sriya was quite a minimalistic woman.

For her to buy new dresses while she had many left was weird. Though if she desired more undergarments and nighties, that would make sense. Since he had ripped several of them in a moment of heat.

She then covered her face in his chest and with a pout, she complained, "Both, my ass-assets..... their volume has increased a little bit. It's all your fault!"

He started caressing her bareback with his finger and said, "Of course, I will buy you as many dresses as you want!"

She pulled her head back and looked at his face which was shining with a satisfied grin.

"It seems you're happy about it?" she questioned him with a frown.

He pulled her back in his chest and while caressing her bare curves muttered, "It's all your imagination."

                      ________________________

Virin and Sriya were walking down the street toward the guild. 

Virin couldn't help himself after the morning's revelation and would steal glances at her bosom, which would jiggle slightly with each step.

"Don't you dare anything in public," she warned him without even looking at his face.

She didn't even need to look at his face to know where he was looking. The burning gaze she was feeling at her bosom and butt was enough.

Virin took her warning to his heart and focused on their path.

After walking for a few more minutes, they reached their destination, the guild building.

Then after meeting Klem, they went straight to the guild armory.

The armory section had several wooden shelves lined up inside, housing different pieces of armor, robes, weapons, etc.

Behind the counter, there was an old man, who claimed to be a Smith.

"So what can this old man help you with?" he asked politely.

"I need some protective gear and maybe a magic staff for her," said Virin while pointing at Sriya.

"And, I need some protection gear as well," he said.

The old man nodded and said, "Give me your guild card."

Virin frowned and asked, "Why?"

The old man rolled his eyes and said, "So that I can fetch you gears that can synchronize with your respective classes."

Virin gave his card but before giving Sriya's card he hesitated.

He hasn't informed the guild yet about Sriya's class change. Even Sriya had suggested that they should keep this fact hidden.

She even suggested that it would be better to not update her information till her next Rank upgrade.

She was adventuring with him, so if his card was updated, her's didn't matter.

Virin's only concern was that now she was a Priestess, she can even use attack spells that were not available to any healer class.

While he was thinking Sriya took her car from his hand and handed it over to the Smith, who went ahead and started searching for gears suitable for a swordsman and healer.

"Relax, the gear for me would be similar to any healer. We just need to buy a staff or wand for me," she said to him with a wink.

Virin's eyes opened wide in shock and he thought, 'How did she know what was inside my mind?'

Looking at his surprised expression, Sriya let out a sultry chuckle, "Hehehe!

Then she looked inside the shop and after confirming that the old man was busy, she leaned towards his ear and mumbled, "Mumma knows very well, what you were thinking."

After saying that she bet his earlobe and moved away.

*Gulp!*

Virin gulped and was about to pull her in a kiss, but she gently flicked his arm and in a sultry voice complained, "Didn't Mumma tell you? You shouldn't do anything in public."

"Boys who don't listen to their Mumma don't get rewarded," she said while raising her finger to stop him.

"Tch!" he could click his tongue in frustration. She has developed a nasty habit of playing with him.

"Hehehe!" she giggled coyly while covering her face, which further increased his frustration.

The old Smith came out and plopped a small carte on the counter.

Then he started fishing out the items while explaining.

"First here's a thin chainmail and a robe for young Lady over there."

He said and pulled out a very thin and light chain mail and Blac colored long robe.

The old Smith was already made aware of Virin's personality and his concern towards his slave, by Klem a few days back. 

So, the old man did his best and while giving him the standard novice robe he suggested they buy a thin chainmail for extra protection.

It was a sleeveless chainmail that reached Sriya's knees and could be easily worn under her black robe.

Virin was very much satisfied with the old man's suggestion and agreed to buy the two.

Then the old man gave him a basic leather Armor set, containing a light chest piece to protect his torso, a pair of gloves for his hand, and finally a pair of greaves for his legs.

 

He further explained that although they didn't provide good protection like a metal set, they were light.

An adventurer with low overall status like Virin won't be able to agile if they used a metal Armor set.

Virin couldn't agree more and after checking the Armor set nodded. Then he wore his Armor and started swinging his arms while stretching while distancing himself from the duo.

Meanwhile, Sriya moved and spoke to the Smith, "Can you suggest me a staff as well?"

The old man frowned and thought, 'Why does a healer want a staff?'

"I have water affinity and I'm thinking about buying some spells as well," she said.

The old man nodded as if her explanation made sense and went back to look for her desired item.

Then the old man put a simple wand that was carved out of a bone and said, "Here this wand is made from the bone of a water-based magic beast and it also has a mana crystal."

"This is the best I can offer you, this city doesn't facilitate many adventurers and the demand for good and expensive equipment is low as well."

"So, you will only find basic gears here. If you want better equipment, I would suggest heading to other major cities," said the old man.

"Ohh and you won't find any spells with us. You can try other merchants. If you're lucky enough, you might find some good spells with them," he made suggestions.

Sriya nodded. She had cooked up the story of buying spells in the first place and she inspected the white-colored wand which had a purple-colored gem resting at the hilt.

While they were talking, Virin had already returned and heard the last bit of their conversation.

'Spell?' he mumbled inwardly.

Then Virin paid 1 gold coin for both the armor set and 2 gold coins for the wand. He couldn't believe that the small wand which was only a couple of inches long was worth a few gold coins.

Then the duo went to buy some more dresses for Sriya.

Since by the time they were done with their shopping the sun was about to set. 

So they decided to head back to the Inn, as hunting in the evening and night was quite risky for rookie adventure.

When they returned, Virin asked the question that was in his mind for quite a while now.

"Hey Sriya you and that old man were talking about buying a spell, right?"

"What is the difference between spells and skills?" asked Virin while looking at her with curiosity.

8