Chapter 30: Doosra City
492 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doosra City, was thrice the size of Shuruwaat City and the population was almost four times.

The main reason for its prosperity was the Novice dungeon.

The dungeon attracted many adventurers and additionally supplied the city with monster drops and gems.

From leather, bones, blood, and even flesh, every monster part could be used for profit in one way or another.

Hardly, any City was ever built near a dungeon's vicinity, due to fear of the dungeon going rampant and starting spewing monsters continuously. This phenomenon was also known as 'Dungeon Break.'

Usually, Dungeons lay dormant, while only a few monsters usually spawned inside them.

But during a 'Dungeon Break,' which occurs due to unknown circumstances, the Dungeon core would destabilize and start spewing monsters at an abysmal rate.

And due to this high spawn rate, monsters would start flooding out unless the dungeon boss is slain.

This feat was not easy since the dungeon boss would only stay in the lowest level while an endless number of monsters kept the upper floor flooded.

Luckily for Doosra City, this Dungeon spawned weak monsters and was mostly a Goblin-spawning dungeon, and only had 6 floors.

Most importantly, the dungeon core was in possession of humans, so they had total control over the dungeon.

And since, the Dungeon core which was always being closely monitored by the mages on the lowest floor.

This ensured that no dungeon break would ever happen and Doosra City kept prospering.

The moment the dungeon core would start getting frenzy, they would suck out the extra mana from it and leave enough juice so, that their 'Dungeon-Farm' doesn't get ruined.

The founder of City, Doosra Silva proposed this idea. He was the first one to conquer this dungeon a few centuries ago.

Once he got his hands on the dungeon core, instead of taking it away, he proposed the idea to use this dungeon and farm monsters for their bones and cores.

He also proposed that with time they can even let other people dive in the dungeon, so they could in exchange earn some money by selling the loot.

Due to this adventurers started visiting this Dungeon and wherever adventurers go, traders and merchants followed.

Doosra Silva then planned and built a small city a few miles away from the dungeon, for nearby villagers to settle free of cost.

These settled villagers helped in providing the labor the city needed and other services which were necessary for the functioning of the City.

'Money makes the money. And the money that makes money makes more money,' Doosra Silva once said.

Maybe that was his merchant genes guiding him. But soon his vision turned out to be true and by the third generation, the Silva family had enough capital, that the human empire declared them a Viscount Family.

This was also the first instance when a family of common descendants was promoted to noble ranks.

                          ____________________

Cosy Tails was a mediocre three storey Inn situated in Doosra City.

Their services were average, their food was average and even their clients were average. Nothing too flashy, just basic necessity fitted Inn.

In a room with a large window, Virin was casually lying on a queen-sized bed, with his head resting in Sriya's lap.

He was holding the hand mirror Sriya had bought earlier in his hand and was studying his face in detail.

"So you're telling me, that your face is different from what it looked like in your previous life?" she asked while caressing his head, which was in her lap.

Virin nodded in response to her question, while he was mulling it over in his thought.

A few hours earlier, for the first time since coming to this world, he saw his face.

Although his build was somewhat the same, his facial features were different.

In his previous life, he wasn't that beautiful, an average-looking South-Asian guy but now he looks like a model.

He remembered having a slightly dark tone due to living in a tropical region. However, now the skin is slightly brighter.

Even though his hair was short like in his previous life, they were cut in irregular shape, as if they were cut by some rookie barber.

Then he remembered something important, that he had forgotten in his excitement ever since he first arrived in this world.

'Lord Neetesh told me that I died, so how did I end up in this mature body, instead of going through a cycle of reincarnation and without being born as a child?' he thought.

'Did I get transmigrated in someone else's body instead of reincarnation?' he guessed.

"So does that make any difference?" Sriya asked him with concern.

"To be honest I don't know," he said while shrugging his shoulders.

'There are chances that the previous owner of the body might have some enemies or some troublesome relative,' he thought.

'Tch! I don't want to live through some revenge plot like cliche novels.'

He didn't want to discuss this topic any further with her because she will start worrying too much.

Then to divert her attention he said, "Sriya can't we rent a small house of something like that here?"

"Eh! Why?" she asked with curiosity.

"I don't wanna hear people Complaining every morning like the last inn," he said with a frown.

Sriya started blushing. The Inn guest would always complain in the morning that we were not able to sleep because of the excessive noise she and Virin use to make during their nightly activities.

Though the owner never said anything to them, due to the sole reason that Virin was his golden goose.

But the look of contempt in others' eyes, made Sriya very uncomfortable at times.

'They used to look at me like I was a slut in heat. If only they had tasted his 'Morning Star'....' she thought inwardly.

"Sriya?" he questioned her while looking into her eyes.

"Oh! Ahem! Of course, we can. Let's head to the city administration building tomorrow," she said after nodding.

"It will be expensive initially but if I can cook for you, nothing would please me more," she said with a gentle smile.

Virin nodded with excitement. Who wouldn't like to eat meals prepared by beauties.

Then she leaned in forward and with a sultry voice said, "Of course, Mumma would always be on the menu, since there won't be any people around."

That night 'Cosy Tail' guests for the first time found it to be not as cozy as it used to be. The sole reason being two animals wreaking havoc in their room.

                    ________________________

                   

Virin was walking down the alleyway of some deserted town.

Then suddenly a pair of dual-tone wings appeared before his gaze. Half turquoise half deep purple.

He remembered seeing those beautiful wings before.

The silhouette of the owner of those wings was still somewhat unclear but a feminine outline could still be made out.

The woman was sitting with a crestfallen gaze and muffled noises of her weeping could be heard in the background.

"Hahaha...I.....curse all....," her voice wasn't clear.

Then crimson fire blazed from beneath and engulfed her silhouette.

"I'll.....Kill..you....all!" an ominous voice was heard.

                  ________________________

"Haah!..haah....haah..!!"

Virin sat up while panting. His whole body was drenched in sweat.

This was not the first time he had witnessed this strange dream.

"What happened, Vir?" Sriya's voice filled with concern entered his ears from the side.

When he looked at her she was holding his hand in hers, trying to comfort him.

He calmed his breath and while holding her hand, said, "Nothing! Just a stupid dream."

Her expressions were still filled with worry and concern and she asked, "Are you sure?"

He nodded and then laid down back in the bed and pulled her into an embrace.

She laid down on his chest with her eyes shut, while he gently caressed her head.

'What the hell was that?' he questioned inwardly.

                      x-------------------------------x

                      Welcome to Volume 2

 

Announcement
I've updated further chapters on Patreon and from now I'll updating chapters on patreon only. Check it out if you're interested.

patreon.com/user?u=79563307 

8