School
745 6 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Shirou's pov)

I woke up with a slight headache.

That was a strange dream... Wait, what was that dream about? I can't recall, but I feel like it was important.

I can't do anything with not remembering my dream, so I'll leave it for later, although it irks me a bit.

Today, however, I'll begin my new life. I memorized the way to school yesterday, so I won't have any problem with that. I also plan on starting my training today. I can use the woods near Ryuudou Temple.

If I go deep enough and set a bounded field to notice if anyone is approaching, I should be safe. Shirou Emiya is not talented in magecraft except in projection and reinforcement, but Archer learned the basics during his life. I know this because I know how to set one. It will take a few tries to actually do it, though. It also won't be anything special as its sole purpose will be to detect nearby people... Not like I would be able to do much more.

It also helps that the location of my training is on the mountain where the temple and woods are, so not many people will go there, but it's always better to be prepared. I don't want to be caught off guard by someone during my training, after all.

---

The rest of the morning went as usual... I think. No one mentioned that I behaved strangely, so I take it went well. I mentioned to everyone that I would be coming back home late from now on.

Sella wanted to question me, but Kirutsugu stopped her, saying that I'm at that age when I want to have more time to myself, which I'm grateful for. It gives me an excuse now, but I should still spend some time with Illya. She is pretty attached to Shirou, and I would feel bad for taking it away from her. I will need to be a good older brother. For that, I'll learn to cook when I have some free time!

But first school.

---

Nothing unusual happened there, but a lot of people asked for my help. A few of these people just wanted to take advantage of 'my' personality but socks to be them today because there's a new Sheriff in town...

I'm glad I didn't say it out loud. It would be embarrassing otherwise.

Going back to people at my school, I still helped the ones that needed help. I'm not heartless, but I need to get rid of that 'janitor' persona that Shirou created for himself. I want to have some time to myself and helping everyone and their mother won't help me with that.

Shirou's only friend Issei Ryuudou noticed the change, but he said that it was finally time for me to stand up for myself.

He is nice. Great guy, really.

But now that I was done with school, I thought about going around the city to familiarise myself with it. I will be living here, and it's always good to know your surroundings. Also, I would like to know where to shop and where not to. Just in case, I will be sent on errands and when I decide to help. I promised myself to learn to cook in the near future. Mostly for Illya.

I'll probably do it tomorrow, though. I'm itching to test out my powers.

While in deep thought, thinking about today's plan, I didn't pay enough attention to my surroundings and bumped into someone.

Thankfully collision wasn't that hurtful, and I didn't even fall, but the same couldn't be said about the other person.

"Ouch!"

Looking down, I saw a familiar black-haired twin-tailed girl. She was currently massaging her head. Why, though, I don't understand. She didn't hut it. Maybe she felt dizzy?

"Sorry, I didn't look where I was going."

I offered her a hand. It was then she noticed who she had bumped into.

"Emiya-kun?"

"Glad you remembered me, Tohsaka."

She took my hand, but I saw a bit of hesitation. Was it because of embarrassment or something else? Whatever the reason is, it's really difficult not to tease her, but I'll refrain from doing it... for now.

"It's kinda hard to forget someone who bashed his head on the ground just yesterday, speaking of which, I don't see any bandages around your head..."

She looked down at my foot, or rather an ankle, and she noticed a bandage there. I left it there for precisely this reason. I don't know if anyone other than Rin saw me. I know that Luvia did, but there could be other people that I didn't see yesterday.

"The wound on my head wasn't that deep, to begin with. It just bled a lot, but as soon as it stopped, I wasn't in any danger. I don't even need any bandages, see?"

I slapped where my wound would be since it's already healed, thanks to Avalon.

"I also don't have any problem with walking, but I'm taking it easy regardless."

Rin flipped one of her twin tails with one swift motion.

"That's good to hear."

She pretended to not care, but that cold persona was just that... a persona, and I couldn't stop myself from giving her a head pat.

As soon as my hand touched her head, she slapped it away in a hurry.

"W-what are you doing!!!?"

"I tried to pat your head?" I tilted my head slightly to the side to show my confusion. I wasn't confused, but sorry, not sorry. I couldn't stop myself from messing with her a bit.

"Why!?'

"I thought that it was an appropriate reaction and the top of your head felt lonely, so I did it."

Rin couldn't comprehend my reasoning and tried to say something a few times, but she couldn't find the right words and just gave up in the end.

It was fun watching her head trying to come up with some kind of answer to my nonsense. I should do it in the future as well, but I wasn't done just yet.

"Also, you looked cute."

"C-cute!?

She sent a fast one straight at my face, which I somehow dodged.

"Nice punch! Please don't hit wounded people, though." I smiled.

Rin's face was entirely red as she was trying to hit me, but I avoided every attack. I think it was thanks to my skill [Mind's Eye (True)].

After a short spar, I said my goodbyes to Rin, leaving her annoyed and slightly embarrassed, and went to the woods near the temple. It was time to start training. Not before setting a bounded field, though.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

38