Chapter 64 – Master of Spirits
350 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clank!

"Your sword techniques are lacking."

Clank!

"Too many openings."

Clank!

"Not enough force."

Clank!

"No passion put into the strikes."

Clank!!

My sword was knocked out of my hands, making me stumbled back. I looked at Hanzo, standing triumphantly over.

"To think your swordsmanship dropped this much without your sword.", he criticized, "Was it your sword that gave you your talent? Or having lost your humanity dulled your senses."

"Sorry, I'm not in a very good mood.", I sighed, picking up my Adamantine Longsword.

Hanzo observed me with an analytical look. I know what he's doing, he's checking on me... like a father should.

"There is a saying amongs the samurai, 'To be one with your sword'. Not literally like you. And since the researchers are making the machines to make your new weapon, you still have to wait for a long time.", he held his hand out.

I grabbed it and get up from the ground.

Without Ginga, my swordsman is better than most since I am actually good with the blade, I can maybe handle two or three samurai at the same time. Still more than enough to kill a shinobi.

"I was intended to let you do as you please, Yuugure. But seeing how you fell short of what you used to be... I will have you get back on top shape.", Hanzo pat my head, "You are my family now, and I have to take care of you."

He's the closest person I have to an actual family member, he cares about me in his own way... to think the man that can fight solo against hundreds of Konoha ninja at the same time, he's surprisingly gentle. Behind that cold and unbreakable exterior of a warrior and a leader... he's a kind man.

"You shouldn't have hid your illness to me or anyone. We can help you, that is what family is for."

I know... that was what Hashirama thought of when he created Konoha, a village is a family... no one should be hated, no one should be discriminated against.

And he failed.

But here, in Ame, no one owned a clan name. Even those who has one, does not speak of it because... it is just a name that is not important. Just people working to survive this cursed world.

We all have our ambitions, mine is to destroy the world and rebuild it from the ashes. Hanzo's goal is to create a safe haven for those who have lost their ways. With me, he had achieved his ambition

Amegakure, the Village Hidden in the Rain, is a place where the lost flock to. Because the philosopy of this place, the Will of Rain - all are equal under the tears of the world. The coldness of the rain is what brought the people close, even now with the barrier, the cold never left... this same cold too applied to me...

"I cannot help you in the swordsmanship of another continent. So how about changing back... no, you are not a person who would turn around. So for now, do what you do best, my daughter."

Just like that, Hanzo left the courtyard. My gaze lingered on him for a moment... Hanzo the Salamander, my dear father.

Hah... I wrapped Adamantine Chains around my eyes, darkness consumed me. I held my sword with both of my hands, calming my mind down.

"Chishiokami Kagura..."

I took a deep breath, exhaling slowly... I have to remember the feelings of swing a blade. To swing is to kill, that part I am very good at, and to have power behind those strike is to put your passion in it.

I swung my sword down, creating a sharp whistle in the air. Stopping right before the blade touches the wet ground... 

It just doesn't feel right...

I lost my swordsmanship... I merged with a weapon... right, I am a weapon my technicality. So... I needs a wielder.

"Ginga.", I commanded, awakening the dwelling spirits inside of my Inner World, "Wield me."

""With pleasure""

A biting chill ran down my spine... there was only one voice... no, not one voice but they all answered at the same time.

""Worry not, Klara."" ""We are your allies."" ""Never will we turn against you."" ""Trust us."" ""Our inheritor.""

Their will lend me strength, and I lifted my sword up again. 

KKKKKKRRRRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

What came out was not a whistle in the wind, but the roar of space being cleave open. The cries of reality itself.

Just as I thought, a weapon needs a wielder... I didn't think this through, did I?

""Yup"" ""Yes"" ""Of course"" ""Idiot""

Fuck me...

I practiced my sword forms a bit more, with Ginga 'wielding' me. After that, I went to sleep.

 

=0=0=Inner World=0=0=

 

I haven't been into my Inner World for a while now, and my, it's an absolute wreck. Now on top of the ocean of oil with an eldritch beast swimming in it, a night sky full of stars with purple corruption streaks tainting the view.

The plateau now have grass, purple grass. I don't like grass, because I walk on barefoot, it is pretty annoying. No, I won't use sandals or shoes.

Oh, and there are the red spires popping up randomly too. Not really important... they are pulsating.

I laid down on the VERY uncomfortable grass. Seriously, why is there grass? At least make it soot or on fire!

—Lit.

Oh damn, the grass is burning— hot! Hot! Hot!

I stood up and pat the flame on my body. Forgot I could influence the realm as I like... specifically this plateau and only this plateau.

Then, I jumped into the sea of oil... it is cold, but it feels just right for me. I know I am a warm person, a kind hearted one... once before.

Now, what am I but a monster of my own choosing? This is a pathetic show.

Heh, no... don't think like that... Determination of Fool, I am foolish... I am lost.

But...

My stay here in Ame was fruitful, I regained something I once lost. I thought I would be alone, yet when I asked for help... they reached out to me, accepted me.

This is why I will protect them, repaying this emotional debt.

"Ginga... the war is closer than ever... the forces of Ame is still weak.", a few years is not enough to recover the strength of the village, "So, let us be the power it lacks."

Ginga rises from the sea of oil. Their humongus form cast a shadow upon me...

I smiled, "All but one will be outside of me... let us take some Land of Fire's territory."

"My own world, my playground, my ideal utopia..."

"A land where no people shall stand, no human can walk in... where I shall create my world... hehe..."

"I shall name it... Land of Spirits."

12