Chapter 69 – Unreachable Dream
252 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the meal, I came back to my room. Unsurprisingly, Chiba was already here.

"Klara, so...", she smiled, her cheeks are slightly red, "Can I slap that ass of yours?"

"Still going on about that?", I sighed, plopping down on my bed.

"You know I love you, right?", she leaned her back, resting on my stomach.

"Of course I do, I'm not that fucking dense! It's just that... I'm not ready yet, and... I want to keep our relationship as it is."

"Silly girl...", Chiba stood up to lean closer to me, "You are not ready to deepen our relationship, are you. But we sleeps together—"

"Without my consent.", I added.

"—ehem, you can't just keep me waiting. Klara, I love you more than the world itself. I will follow you everywhere, as it was my oath to you.", she gave me a peck on the forehead, she also licked me while at that.

"Ah fuck it, come here!", I pulled her onto the bed, hugging her tightly.

"Oh— oh...", she blushed, making me smile even more.

"You are warm, Chiba.", a giggle escaped my lips. My eyes stares into her pure blue eyes.

"And your body is cold, Klara. So... I will be your warmth...", she is still blushing, her hands tugged on my cloak, trying to take it off, "Your clothes are made of Adamantine Chains, so... cold you remove it for me?"

I unraveled my cloak like a jacket, letting her arms go inside, touching my bare body underneath. Her face burried in my chest for a snug.

"Your body is cold, Klara.", she repeated, "So, let me warm you."

She embrace me with her warmth, her yellow hair was all I see. Namikaze Chiba, the Golden Flash, someone who was wronged by this world the moment she was born.

A girl made into a weapon, to further the goals of her clan. She was not alone in that regard, many promising children of clans share her fate. But only a few could break through that old line of thinking, 'What you do is all for your family', Chiba was one of them.

A Kage candidate in power only, because as a weapon, she cannot rule, she can only fight. It was a dead end for her, she would surely be punish if she came back. Chiba broke free of the brainwashing of her clan.

Me on the other hand, was a girl who choose to become a monster out of my own free will with no string attached. I was intended to walk this path of destruction alone, but Chiba found me, heard of my test attack on Konoha and the destruction caused by me when I was finding Lady Haseka.

The first person to offer me her loyalty with no reward, I did find her suspicious at first but... I can tell her intention was clean, to me at least. Her tale of revenge had ended with me, giving her the chance to kill all but one member of her clan - her younger brother.

I caressed her hair, they are rough and hard, the proof of her suffering. She did not have the chance to be a real person, to dream for herself, to be selfish... Chiba is not like other girl, she had no chance to be a girl. A weapon meant to be use, to be damage, to kill— her scars are the proof.

Soon, I too closed my eyes, sinking into slumber.

"I love you too, Chiba...", I whispered to her, as quiet as I could.

=0=0=

A teenage version of Klara was holding hands with a teenage version of Chiba, dragging her along. Klara looked back at her friend with her alluring purple eyes, swaying her scarlet red hair.

Chiba tilted her head, "What's wrong, Klara?"

The yellow hair girl's expression was innocent, lifting her blue scarf that matched her eyes to cover even a bit more of her face.

"Hm~ nothing!", the girl mused, "I think I had a bad dream of some sort."

"You don't have them often, do you?"

"Of course! I am me, Yuugure Klara, the number one prodigy!", she giggles happily, "So~ I think something bad will happen!"

"Hah... what will I ever do with you, Klara.", Chiba leaned in closer to give Klara a peck on her cheek.

"Hey~ not in public!", the girl exclaimed with a flushed face.

"Oh.", she noticed something, grabbing Klara's hand and dragged her into an alley way.

Unfortunately for Chiba, her friend is very perceptive. Klara smiled in a teasing manner.

"Come on now, you don't have to be shy~", she yanked Chiba back, making her follow.

"Yups, Kakuzu-niisan!", she waved at a man wearing a medical face mask and a black hoodie.

The man, Kakuzu, turned to look at the two girls with his emerald green eyes.

"Oh, Klara. And...", he take one look at Chiba, "And who are you again?"

"This fucker...", Chiba cursed under her breath.

Ignoring her, Klara took Kakuzu's hand, "We are going to watch a movie! So~ can you join us?"

"Hmph, I am busy.", he snickered.

"You are unemployed.", Chiba sneered.

"Great! You can come with us!", Klara cheered, raising both of their hands.

=0=0=

I woke up— oh, it's morning already... huh, no, it's noon. Time is hard to tell when rain is always here.

Chiba had gotten up too, but she made sure to put a blanket over me before she left to do... whatever she does with her time.

Now... about that dream... I can't remember it very well, what was that place? I don't know... it looked very... modern?

That place... looked very nice, it seemed so... peaceful.

"Ginga... do you know where that was?", I asked.

""We see nothing"" ""Nothing"" ""Strange"" ""Blood God"" ""Blood God?"" ""Blood God"" ""Dream"" ""Another World""

So... the Blood God showed me another world... another reality. Why... did he showed me that?

Why did he... showed me something I could never obtain? A normal life? One without worries? Just what goals does the Blood God have in mind...

Hic...

A future I can never reach.

Hic...

A happier reality... one not bound by power.

Hic...

Why... Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? 

WHY?!

Are you showing me what an ideal world would look like? Or... do you want me to recreate that world...?

Ah, I am... crying? Heh, when was the last time I cried? I don't know... maybe when I was put inside the Uzumaki forest? No, I was hunted down by a wolf at that moment. I beat it to a pulp of course.

The moment when I cried was... that night when Uzushio was attacked.

The night that altered my fate forever.

Hah... I see... that is what you want me to do, right, Blood God? Fight for that world? Fight for an ideal world formed in my dream.

Through blood and iron I shall forge.

With terror and misery as my payment.

I shall build a beautiful utopia, one built atop of corpses. How many... time will tell.

Blood for the Blood God.

Skull for...

"Klara, you are awake.", Chiba entered my room with a thin smile.

"Oh, Chiba! What's up?", I tilted my head as I get up from my bed, quickly wiping away my tears.

"Nothing, really.", she shrugged, "Nohime is..."

I sighed, "That time of month again?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"I see, why didn't you wake me up earlier?", I let out a yawn, brushing my hair with my fingers.

"Well.", she folded her hands behind her back, fidgeting in place, "Your sleeping face was adorable. It seems like you were having such a nice dream, and I don't want to wake you up from such thing since you rarely oversleep, good dream too."

"Yeah, thanks for that, Chiba.", I went in for a hug, which surprised her.

"Of course, I am always here for you.", she hugged me back.

If only... if only I wasn't born in this world...

I learned how to use Stable Diffusion, and now I have gone mad with power (won't be posting any of the creation though, they are for my eyes only)

9