July in Review – Announcement
339 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi everybody! July is over.

 

Recap: on the third of July, I had the pleasure of flying to USA. The intention was to order books for Kickstarter backers, sign them, and get them mailed before I left on the 17th. Except… Ingramspark.com had other plans.

First, they claimed my author account would be up and running in 3-5 business days. It actually took more like 12 business days to get approved enter a book onto the site. By that point my marketing guy and I said to hell with it, and I registered the books on his account. This was on July 3rd. The approval process for paperbacks was relatively quick, about 2 days. The approval process for hardcovers was another matter entirely.

Hardcovers just went in the mail today in USA, 8.1. I know.

Regardless, visiting my friends and family for the first time this year was wonderful, busy, draining, and not at all conducive to writing. My Scrivener writing tracker looks absolutely abysmal compared to February.

After returning to Korea, I went through four more jet-lagged days and wrote little. Not zero, just not enough. July ended out at 54,000 words, 10k higher than June, and that was with the USA trip.

However, book 5 is the last book. As of now (8.2), I’m on chapter 21 of probably 45. Just getting to about 69,000 words! Yes, the magic number!

If the constant humidity and heat of August don’t murder me, I will have this book done before September. I’ll move on to the next series. I’ll leave Evan behind.

I have something in the works to start next… I may take a few days off to rearrange my life before getting moving on Get Lucky. I may dive right in. That’s usually how Nolan does.

Thank you for sticking with me in July, ladies and gentlemen. I hope Evan has provided a lot of entertainment for you.

 

Until next we speak, peace and love.

-Nolan

15