Choice
478 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At that moment, time, space, and everything in the world seemed slowing down to a stand still as they were forcibly halted by Pandora System and streams of information were sent directly into Rafi's mind.

[Participant no. 966001, you have completed your Basic Mission. You may choose to leave Dungeon World or to stay at limited period of seven days before undergoing a forced transfer.]

[Your mission completion rate exceeds the minimum criteria. Examined as Grade A+.

You may bring one follower out of the Dungeon World when you leave Dungeon World.

You will be granted additional reward as per your choice.

1) Ability [Bloodline: Magius]
2) Points 10,000
3) Free Attributes +100

You shall choose one among the listed rewards above.]

'What?? Aren't this so generous of a reward for such easy mission?!' Rafi thought after he heard the notifications in his mind.

As he did so, System unexpectedly replied to his inquiry with its indifferent and mechanical voice.

[Each Basic Mission are issued after complete scanning of each Participants.

Dungeon World will be created as a separate reality to conduct the Basic Mission.

System will then choose suitable Mission based on Participant current ability and issue a random Mission with a 50% survivability rate to determine Participant eligibility.

In a rare chance that Participant finishes the Mission with extraordinary completion rate exceeding Grade A, Participant may receive followers from Dungeon World in addition of original reward.]

'Still... this is so easy... or is it my Basic Mission that is slightly different from other Participants?

Well, honestly, I can finish the Mission this easily as I am familiar with the plot already. If I am not, then I may gamble about my survival by killing Dorssia's armed forces when morning arises in the next day, though the time limit will be close to that time already.' Rafi thought to himself as he continued to ask Pandora System then.

'But, followers? Can I also receive more than one follower from a Dungeon World?'

[Mission completion grades are ranged from E, D, C, B, A, A+, and the highest grade S.

Only by exceeding Grade A, may Participant receive the right to get follower from a Dungeon World.

Participant is allowed to receive up to two followers from a Dungeon World.]

'Hm, but how can the System grades our completion rate if every Participant needs to complete the Basic Mission to stay alive?'

[The grading will be within System's own discretion to decide after summing up the final result and Participant's method to get the final result.]

'...' Rafi was silent as then he added in his mind, 'What a bully.'

[Would Participant no. 966001 like to leave this Dungeon World now?]

As he heard this particular notification from Pandora System, he couldn't help to feel a strange feeling that the System seemed a bit annoyed at him.

Brushing aside his strange feeling for a moment, Rafi said to the System in his mind, 'Hm, then I choose to stay for a week in here first. And I choose the ability [Bloodline: Magius] as my reward. As for follower, I will put it on hold until the time I leave.'

[Affirmative.

Ability [Bloodline: Magius (Temporary)] is upgraded into [Bloodline: Magius]

Unused allocation of follower: 1

Please note that, in case you have not gone back to real world seven days from this time, you will be undergoing a forced transfer into real world after the allotted time has ended.]

'By the way, what will happen to this world after I leave? Will it be back to its original track as though I don't ever exist here, or something else?'

[This Dungeon World, with exception to other Dungeon Worlds, is a different world from what you are imagining. This world does not have any 'original track' as it exists only for conducting your Basic Mission.

When you leave, this Dungeon World will cease to exist as it has served its original purpose. One of its different trait from normal Dungeon Worlds that is used for Normal Mission.]

'...so it is like that...'

After that last explanation from Pandora System, the still world seemed to move again, as though a paused movie that resumed its scene after clicking the play button.

Saki Rukino was still staring in disbelief at the scene of destruction from Harakiri Blade.

Dorssia's military forces were showing signs of slightly retreating after experiencing such destructive attack, fearing another same attack would be fired again from the devilish Mecha in front of them.

The space was deathly silent as Valvrave I lost its golden light energy, turned back to its original color as the RAVE engine went silent and stayed still when it lost all of its energy temporarily after firing that overwhelming attack earlier.

Even so, when outer space was deathly silent, the internet and planet Earth were buzzing with feverish discussions about Valvrave I who annihilated the six manned Waffe Mechas in Module 77 prior to its disappearance from security's camera footage.

Although, fortunately for Dorssia Military Pact Federation, the battle in outer space went unrecorded by any media, while only the ones that participated directly in that battle who knew the full story.

And so, just as Dorssia's military forces thought that Valvrave I finally lost its energy, suddenly it moved back into Module 77 after a bright green light flashed briefly from it.

At that moment, it was actually impossible to pilot Valvrave I to move immediately after unleashing Harakiri Blade. Such thing was only possible because Rafi used his Empyrean Eye, by committing his entire existence and intent to make Valvrave I to move again, as he also expended some of his spirit energy and life forces (Runes) to fuel his deed.

.....

Meanwhile, at the same time with Rafi's disappearance inside that mysterious black hole, a special disturbance happened inside several secret communities across the world as their sight were directed to the east countries region, a place where 'it' appeared which signified a newcomer's emergence.

Even so, there were several other exceptional independent people who could also detect slight ripples that the black hole emitted.

"Hm, Hahaha! There is a newbie Participant finally. Just when I've got bored! Isn't that so, 'Master'?" A young man with unrealistically golden hair said with laugh as he also felt that ripple. He wore a black jacket on top of his white shirt, and a black pants. His golden hair swayed like a blazing flame as he laughed.

"Heh, 'Master', that word reminds me of our first meeting... although, I have told you not to call me master haven't I?"

"Hahaha! It is a joke, a small one to lighten yourself, Haha!" That golden-haired man laughed boisterously as he patted the white-haired man's shoulder.

"...what does a newbie count as? They may die in only one or two Dungeon World. Especially, as we won't meet them until some times later anyway, when Pandora System has quite a protective protocol for newbies." A white-haired young man in his black robe shook his head softly as he spoke calmly, replying toward that golden-haired man.

"You don't know the joy of observing human's path and destinies, 'Master'. This is why your life is so dull."

"It is unusual of you to mind about a newbie's emergence, with the exception of that previous girl of course."

"Just a feeling. I have a hunch that we may meet them in the future.

As for that girl, because the one that merges with her is my bride, she can't run away from me for long. She is a 'treasure' that I have yet to obtain after all."

"Is that so? But, now, let's focus on our next Mission, Gil." Smiling calmly at that golden-haired man, that white-haired young man then disappeared in a flash of black light.

"What's the need to focus on Mission when we can just blaze them all, Michael." That golden-haired man said with a laugh as he disappeared after Michael, into their next Dungeon World.

Since he became Michael's follower at one special opportunity in Michael's Basic Mission, he and Michael already reached a high mutual understanding to each other's personality after all these times. Especially so after they finished various Missions in various Dungeon Worlds until they both became a Rank 6 existences.

At the same time when that strange ripple started to spread, in Narita International Airport, Tokyo, Japan, a young woman with natural blonde hair that looked like it was sprinkled with gold dust had just got down from a plane.

She wore a light blue overcoat that reached her knee, white jeans and a white knitted wool scarf as she was seen walking while talking to someone in her phone.

'Is this the city where we will live for some times, Claire?'

'En, mother told me that she transferred me into one of prestigious school here. Beside that, this is also good chance to evade from that guy isn't it?'

'I can't deny that. That King of Heroes,.. no, King of Pervert, is really a persistent bastard. Why don't he die already?!'

'...'

'Hm, this fluctuation?! It seems we've arrived at an intriguing place, Claire. There is a newcomer to this abyss of Pandora System.'

'Eh, a newcomer? Can we try to get him as our ally? It is better to recruit newcomer rather than joining those organizations or team up with that guy.'

'Ugh, Gilgamesh and his partner is out of the question. I don't think we will be able to tolerate both of them. While other organizations, although they are stricter in sense to our freedom, but they also provide more support for us, Claire. We may consider it in the worst case scenario.'

'You maybe right, but I don't like their ways of doing things. They and Gilgamesh are our last options.'

'...fine. Then we just need to strive for ourselves, Claire. As for this newcomer, we will check on them after they could survive their Basic Mission.'

Although, she didn't really need a phone to mask her conversation, as it happened inside her mind, and she only used her phone to determine her new school's address.

When she found what she wanted, without anyone noticing amidst the bustling activities inside Airport, she noiselessly disappeared from the Narita Airport with her silent steps, crossing large distances already.

6