Truth (part. 1)
436 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Module 77, there was not much time passed after Valvrave I's disappearance until it was back inside the Module. The students were still happy after Rafi annihilated those six Dorssia's Mechas.

Though, some of different things that they could notice were that Valvrave I seemed more beat down and its light dimmed much more than before it disappeared. Meanwhile, as for Rafi, his mind and body just felt so tired and weary that he wanted to sleep immediately.

Even so, Rafi decided to go to the school ground to let Saki Rukino came down first.

"This, you can come down first, Rukino-san. I still have something else to do." Rafi said as he opened the cockpit, readied Valvrave I's palm as he let her to come down first.

While his mind and body were weary after those battles and using his Empyrean Eye, his heart felt somewhat down after remembering about that world's destruction.

As he thought of the world that would soon be destroyed, he didn't know what to feel when he saw those 'characters' inside that world.

Because they felt so alive that he didn't even thought that they were imaginary people created inside an imaginary environment. Which was real and which was fake, he just didn't know what to think about it.

Before, in his mind, he was sent into a kind of real world which mirrored one of his favourite anime, Valvrave The Liberator. Though, in reality, that world was created because of him, but it would also be destroyed because of him. Even if he didn't want that to happen, but in the end, he was still unable to prevent it.

Some kind of mixed feelings were coursing, blending inside his heart, making him feeling strange,

as though a lonely soul that would keep drifting afloat, slowly leaving those around him, heading into an unknown direction.

'Everyone who became a Participant must go through the Basic Mission don't they? I wonder what they felt about this fact at that time?' Such thought was coursing in his mind as he waited for Saki Rukino to hop into Valvrave I's palm.

At the moment, a feeling of bleakness and loneliness, as though he was the only one living person left in the world, started spreading out unconsciously from him when his mind wandered.

"I won't go down there." Saki Rukino said suddenly.

"...Eh?" For a moment, Rafi looked perplexed at her. Though, she did brought his wandering mind back to their current reality.

"I said I won't go down there." Rukino added firmly. 'Just now, it feels like you are so lonely... what is causing you to feel so desolate, that you feel so alienated?', she thought to herself as she looked straight into his eyes.

"...why?"

"No reason. I just don't want to leave yet."

"...pfft, are you being considerate of me? That is not necessary actually." Rafi laughed a little as he saw how serious she was.

"Wwha! Who is being considerate of you!?... Ehem, I just feel like to know what you will do." She was startled at first, though she quickly gained her composure back.

"Well, up to you then. Also, thank you." Nodding calmly to her, Rafi spoke his last sentence in lower voice as he closed the cockpit. Then, he piloted Valvrave I to fly to lower levels part of the lab where Valvrave I came from, a place which contained the rest of Valvrave Mechas, as he had a bold guess to try on his mind.

As they were flying slowly and steadily, Saki Rukino broke their silence as she asked him, "Where are you going now, Rafi?"

"A place where this Valvrave was being kept before." Rafi replied calmly.

"Hmm, is that so? That's kind of a hangar isn't it. By the way, how can you know so much about this robot, Rafi? Who are you really?" She asked curiously after being mostly surprised in recent times by his actions and secret knowledges. Although, she didn't really hope to get an answer out of him either as he was not close enough with her to reveal his secret.

"...do you really want to know? There may not be a turning back for you after knowing further about me, Rukino-san." After a short silence, Rafi said while he was still focusing his attention ahead. He decided to tell her if she did want to know. Although, it might be his way of lessening his emotional burdens at that time.

"Gulp. Is it that serious? Will I be silenced after knowing it?" Saki Rukino asked cautiously as slight fear could be seen on her face.

"No way. You will not be silenced, Rukino-san. It is not that severe of information.

Even so, I don't know what you will think when I tell you these things about me. It may sound so unbelievable that if we change places, and you tell me these things, I will not really believe that story."

"Is it just that? Really, that scares me for nothing. And here I think that you are a kind of special agent who will silence anyone who knows your secrets, Rafi." A relieved sigh was released from her as her fear faded.

"Haha, do I look like that?"

"Hn. You do give that kind of aura when you fight before. The kind of chilling aura..."

"Sorry, am I scaring you? I don't know that you get to see me in that state." Rafi looked apologetic toward Saki Rukino as he spoke to her.

"I don't mind. It is not like you think of me as your enemy, right? Then it is fine. Besides, it is surprising to know another side of yourself beside your lazy self, Rafi."

"...that is a fake, Rukino-san. The 'me' who you know before is not the real me."

"Eh, what do you mean?"

"I am sorry to hide this from you and everyone else, but the 'me' who you know before today is only a fabricated memories." Rafi said unexpectedly and suddenly as he looked so serious.

6