Battle on Outer Space
375 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Colorful lights flashed simultaneously in outer space, lighting up the dark void as they fired beam shots at each other.

Manned Waffe Mechas and Unmanned Waffe Mechas were sent continuously to deal with Valvrave I, even if they got destroyed not long after that.

It was because Rafi's base agility and analytical ability had surpassed Haruto's own when he piloted Valvrave, thus made his maneuvering and striking ability were superior than Haruto or other pilots. As such, he could perform better than what Haruto could do in the anime.

Even so, as he tried to evade their seas of beam cannons firing, sometimes even Valvrave I got hit among the countless shots as he was only one person facing a half of fleet of Dorssia. Those shots he recieved causing its heat capacity to rise sharply at around 60/100, inching closer to 70/100.

"...huft.. huft.. this battle can't go on like this. Just how long of time ARUS needs to get to arrive here?!

Uh, I also need to hide. Fighting a fleet of spaceships sounds cool and great, but it won't be cool anymore if I die because of overconfidence.

There is also a promise with Rukino-san... I can't let myself die here."

Focusing ever more, Rafi evaded the incoming beam cannon shots as he ran, went to hide among the meteorites as a cover.

Although, he might had forgotten that he could always escape and brought Saki Rukino to Real world, if he was ever in danger in these period of seven days... or, maybe he did not forget it?

At that moment, to keep their attention on him, Rafi occasionally came out of the rubble of meteorites as he destroyed some more of their Waffe Mechas, and felled one of Dorssia's Walkit-class spaceship in the battle.

'Ah, maybe I should not kill A-Drei and those people at that time? If I didn't, then maybe I will only fight those five people now, and these Dorssian spaceship won't go all out on me when those five are still fighting me...

But, now that their restraining factors are gone, these spaceship really don't hold anything back, do they?!

Even so, the rewards of Walkit-class spaceship and some of Ideal-class Mechanized Annihilators are too tempting for me...

In any cases, if I don't kill them first, I can just forget to escape easily and hijack the spaceship...' Rafi thought as he seemed both crying and laughing at same time.

While in that kind of mood, he kept going alternately between hiding and guerilla attacks as he waited for ARUS' arrival.

Amidst the battle, strings of notification kept ringing inside his mind as he kept them aside, to focus his attention on his current battle. He decided to check on them later as he kept fighting the enemies Waffe Mechas while evading the beam cannon shots from Walkit-class spaceships.

In that fashion, their battle went for a little while until they were soon being interrupted by ARUS's military fleet. ARUS immediately helped him to drive away Dorssia's military fleet as they then 'escorted' Valvrave I back into Module 77.

.....

Inside Module 77.

After the first surprise attack of Dorssia Military Pact Federation from three days ago, the situation inside Module 77 seemed to calm down after Rafi and ARUS drove away Dorssia's military fleet.

Those who should be buried, were already buried.

The injured ones were given immediate treatment already.

Public properties that were vital and had immediate uses were quickly built, eventhough it was a rough sketch compared to its original. Even so, some of it still fulfilled the student's need for clean water, and especially clean bath for the girls.

At that morning of fourth day, Rafi was lying down on the rooftop of school building as he loosened himself up in his leisure while gazing to the sky.

Looking at it again, the sky inside Dyson Sphere didn't seem that much different compared to the sky he used to see in Real world after all.

"...the sky here is similarly blue. A good imitation of earth's sky. It seems that even if human could truly go to space someday, we can't still forget our home planet huh."

A soft, breezy wind flew softly on the rooftop, ruffling his hair as he closed his eyes and relaxing himself amidst the lulling breeze...

"ah, this peace feels so nice, make me want to keep immersing myself into it..." Rafi was saying to himself as he had a relaxed smile on his face while enjoying the artificial environment created by Dyson Sphere.

"Ehem. So, this is where the 'hero' gets to hide himself huh. How nice of you huh, especially when the others are, at least, busying themselves with something."

A sudden voice of an annoyed girl woke him up from his reverie as he immediately knew whose voice that was.

"Eh, Rukino-san, is there any problem? If not, you can also relax yourself more. Come, suit yourself here." Rafi then sat himself in a cross-legged position as he said calmly to her.

"Problem?! There are many problems after what you did yesterday!
What's the meaning of you saying that Module 77 would become a New JIOR?! An independent country?!

Even the students now are busying themselves to hold elections for the new government...

You even threatened Senator Figaro that you will give Valvrave I to Dorssia if ARUS didn't acknowledge New JIOR as an independent country!

Don't you think that your actions this time are a bit reckless?" Saki Rukino seemed stressed and annoyed at him as she scolded him angrily, albeit with a hidden care mixed within her scolding.

"Let's calm down for a moment, Rukino-san. This is not a bad thing isn't it? The students are quickly gaining their spirit if they can gain new goals.

As for the upcoming fights, ARUS and I will handle it when the time comes.

Of course, if we are not enough, I will rely on you for back-up, Rukino-san." Rafi said calmly as he tried to soothe her while inviting her to sit down and loosened her mind.

At this moment, ARUS were protecting and accompanying Module 77 as it headed to the Moon. It was because Rafi immediately took ARUS in a negotiation just after they repelled Dorssia, threatening them just like in original canon.

While at that, he also used their status in the eye of world's media, as the keeper of world's peace who condemned Dorssia's tyranny, to be one of his chip in negotiation.

Because their purpose of retrieving Valvrave was a secret mission that was not supposed to be known to media, they couldn't really reject the notions Rafi proposed to them as they thought that they could just completed their mission slowly after they reached moon.

That decision was further reinforced when they tried to send a pilot to try piloting Valvrave I, only to find him dying mysteriously. It was also because of that that they wanted to keep investigating the matter slowly as they accepted Rafi's demands.

In the end, for a large influence like ARUS, they had various ways to get what they wanted to be in their possession. So, it wouldn't be a problem to them to concede for the time being, agreeing to Rafi's demands while they planned other ways to get their hand on Valvrave.

Moreover, from the way Rafi brought himself at the negotiation, at least they realized that the young man in front of them was not a gullible one, as he had his own principle to stay tough on his stance.

If they kept pushing their demands, they feared that Rafi might went crazy by giving Valvrave I to Dorssia instead, which was something they didn't want to see most.

Because, it would be disastrous for them if Dorssia could get their hand on Valvrave ahead of ARUS. As it signified that Dorssia would be ahead of them in term of war technology.

And that would be a bad sign to their authority, as supposedly the strongest and wealthiest influence in the world, when Dorssia was already a headache for ARUS with Dorssia as it was now.

"...But, what is the point of all these? If, in the end, it will be all gone..." Saki Rukino said as she was a bit crestfallen.

"Do you find it confusing? Why must I do all that things if this world is going to be erased anyway? Why do I insist so much that I even threatened them?"

"..."

"I just want to quickly enjoy this peace, Rukino-san... Besides, isn't the process also a precious moment to us?" Rafi said calmly with a laugh as he walked away, going to the staircase while thinking to himself,

'It is not like I change the events too much, just that I quicken it a bit... hm, yes, only a little bit.'

Though, when Rafi felt that Saki Rukino was still silent in her place, he couldn't help to turn back and called out again to her, "Hm, what's wrong, Rukino-san? I will go down there with you now, so there is no problem anymore right?"

Seeing him waving to her with his clueless expression, Saki Rukino sighed softly to herself as she murmured, "Hahh, this guy is really a blockhead. It feels like my days ahead will be hard..."

While she then followed beside him, she couldn't help thinking to herself, 'You won't say it clearly, but, do you think I don't know what you feel about our promise? You may not feel it as a burden, but I just can't seeing you strain yourself like that...

You may be able to create a peaceful environment for me, but there is almost none of your memories with everyone here beside battles. Does he think life is only for battles?!

Besides, until when will he still call me with my family name?! Grr!'

In the end, she couldn't help gritting her teeth as she pinched his waist suddenly, startling him to a sudden stop.

"Ahaha, really, I am sorry, Rukino-san. Although I don't know why you are still angry, but I am really sorry. Uh, really, sorry..." Rafi said as he apologized profusely when he saw her silence.

While he was apologizing, he couldn't help thinking cautiously to himself,

'She can't be angry because I keep hiding myself in these recent times, can she?

Ahh, if so, who can be blamed about it? I can't really have a normal conversation with others after all.

Me being able to talk normally with her is already a sort of miracle itself, an event on par with a noble phantasm of legend.

Even in my real world previously, my friends could be counted with a palm. Isn't that miserable enough? Although, part of it is also because of my hobbies...

I can talk to people as usual if they are part of my part-time jobs. But, to talk freely with peers of my age, and a normal conversation at that?

Difficult... difficult... it is really difficult.'

The duo then kept going down the staircases, going to where the others were. Although, one of them had an awkward apologetic smile on his expression while the other kept a silent pout on her face as they kept walking in a stifling silence.

5