As long as it’s not Alter!
316 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after the raid on Yggdmillenia's fortress...

"Do you sure you want to use your own catalyst? If you wait for few days, we can gather more catalyst for the summons..." Darnic slightly furrowed his brow as he looked at those foreign Masters, feeling troubled by their demand.

Within Yggdmillenia's strategic meeting room, the Masters of Yggdmillenia were gathering together. Some of them calmly sat on their seat, some chose to stand. At a glance, it could be seen that the place where Darnic and Lancer of Black sat were the center of their attention.

There should be seven Masters in the meeting, but one of them was currently managing the golem and homunculus production with his Servant, thus there were only six Masters and few other magus who gathered there.

Darnic admitted that those outsiders magus's competence was better than most Yggdmillenia magus, rivaling even him. Even so they're still outsider magus who only joined his cause for a contract. If they really used unknown catalyst for summoning, the summoned Servants might not be strong enough to deal with the upcoming war. He didn't dare to risk his 60-year plan to be ruined only because of their side lacking competent Servant.

Hearing Darnic's inquiry, other Yggdmillenia Magus in the room were silent, glancing at the three outsider magus as they sat on their seat.

The first to reply Darnic was an old man in a knight attire, its silver armor glistening with unblemished radiance. His long white hair was tied in a lock, aged face that had unexpectedly few wrinkles on it, his gaze was deep as if he already saw through many things in his long period of life. The old knight replied calmly, "Worry not, Sir Darnic. We similarly want to win this War, a Servant summoned from our catalyst won't disappoint you."

His reply was humble, but it was firm, showed enough confidence to his own catalyst, politely refusing Darnic's offer.

Darnic knew his underlying meaning, as such he was quiet as he only looked deeply to that old knight.

Darnic said after awhile, "...although I respect your ability, but Yggdmillenia can't risk to lose in this War. I hope you won't take this War lightly, Mr. Finn."

"Pardon my selfishness. However, I also hold similar desire to win this War, Sir Darnic."

Seeing the old knight was still unperturbed, not budging in the slightest, Darnic turned his attention to the young man in black formal suit and Claire.

"How about you two?"

That young man slowly closed his novel as he felt Darnic's questioning gaze. He lightheartedly replied, "I rather believe in my own preparation. Besides, my catalyst is better than the catalyst you own. Of course, don't worry, our goal is the same. I will help you to win this War."

As the young man was speaking, he lightly played with a fire spark which appeared on his palm. At a glance, it seemed as if the fire spark was chirping cheerfully as it flew around him.

After hearing the young man's words, the Yggdmillenia magus within the room furrowed their brows as they felt him belittling them.

"Don't think yourself as infallible, Hiromi. If not because-" A woman suddenly scoffed as she spoke to that young man.

She was Celenike Icecolle Yggdmillenia, one previous candidate of Yggdmillenia Master. Her appearance could be said to be a woman in her prime, a fatal temptation which easily aroused men's desire. She was quite tall and her curves were perfectly aligned at the right proportion, in addition her magus uniform was even perfectly outlined her tempting figure. If not for the aura of death surrounding her and the sign of insanity in her eyes, she would be a woman who was greatly sought after...

Before she could finish her words, she was cut short as that young man spoke curtly to her in return, "And what qualification do you have to attend this meeting, old hag? You don't actually have that right after you lost to me, so just shut up. This is a talk between Masters."

He spoke calmly in a matter-of-factly manner. However, to Celenike, his words were as if a knife which jabbed deeply to her heart.

Because, due to his arrival, her right to be a Yggdmillenia Master was challenged and she lost to him in the end. It was not only her as Fiore's younger brother, Caules Forvedge Yggdmillenia, also got replaced by the old knight.

She knew that she was allowed to be in that meeting because Darnic wanted to use her catalyst for the summoning ritual. If not for that, considering Darnic's character, she would like to be dismissed and placed in other department for the upcoming War as she didn't have any other significant use for him. She was worried that if Hiromi really used his own catalyst, then she wouldn't have any bargaining chip in front of Darnic. If it's like that, then she was likely going to be another cannon fodder for Darnic in this upcoming War...

"You?!"

*cough* "...no need to be agitated, young girl."

Before Celenike could be speak further, a cough was heard from the old knight as he spoke slowly.

At once, Celenike felt like a bucket of cold water poured on to her. Fear washed over her as with only a cough from him, her ability to speak was silenced. It was then she remembered that the three outsider weren't a group of weak magus. Each of them was a magus in Darnic's caliber if not higher. Although he immediately released the binding on her, Celenike was still silent as she didn't dare to annoy the old knight again.

"We have our own consideration, however we also have similar goal as Yggdmillenia. To win this Holy Grail War. As for the matter of catalyst, I believe the Servant summoned from mine will be one of the greatest Servant ever." Claire spoke as she broke the silence within the room.

"...fine. I believe in our shared goal. Darnic, prepare the summoning ritual for our allies." Lancer of Black, Vlad III, who was quiet since the beginning finally spoke after he glanced at the Masters in the room.

"As you wish, my King."
.
.
.

Two days later, at the same evening when Rafi returned from the Association. Seven Masters and two Servants gathered within the hall of Yggdmillenia's Castle. Only, it's for performing the summoning ritual this time.

Five summoning circles were aligned harmoniously, creating a shape of five-pointed star. The remaining five Masters stood behind each magic circle with their catalyst near them. At certain time that night, when the magical energy inside the fortress was at its peak, the summoning ritual was finally commenced as they chanted together,

"""Let silver and steel be the essence.

Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.

Let [Black] be the color I pay tribute to.

Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.

Let the four cardinal gates close."""

As they chanted, the magic circles were lighted up, slowly glowing until its brilliance spread across the hall.

There was nothing strange until a sudden voice which sounded inside Claire's mind said in confusion, 'Um... Claire, it's strange. for some unknown reason, I can't use my Saber class in this summoning...'

'What?! How can it be?' After hearing Artoria's reminder, Claire was equally dumbfounded for a moment. Contrary to her expectation, it seemed like Artoria's Saber class was unable to be used, as if there was another person who was currently using it. However, she hid her shock as she still followed the incantation along with the others.

"""Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.

Let it be declared now; your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.

Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail."""

'And I can't use my Lancer class as well because you didn't use my spear for the catalyst, Claire... it seems I can only manifest in other class.'

'Ack.'

"""Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.

An oath shall be sworn here.

I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;

I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell."""

'As long as you don't use alter, it's fine, Artoria! Quick.'

'Ugh, ok. It's that then.'

"""From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,

Come forth from the Ring of Restraint, Protector of the Holy Balance!"""

Under the radiance of the sacred ritual, five figures quickly materialized inside the magic circles, answering their summon.

In unison, they declared, """Your call has been answered.

We are Servants of Black, and our destiny lay with Yggdmillenia.

Our sword is your sword."""

*Ding!*

Along with the completed summoning ritual, familiar notification sounded inside each Participants' mind. Together with the reward of 1000 EXP and Points, a new mission was issued.

[Eliminate a Master from opposing Faction. Reward: a fragment of spirit origin for each successful elimination, additional reward for successful elimination of seven opposing Masters.]

Meanwhile, looking at the new summoned Servants, Darnic and Lancer of Black couldn't help to smile slightly. With the new addition of allied Servants, it seemed like their objective was getting closer to their reach.

A grey-haired warrior wielding a silver greatsword on his back, a mysterious rune glowed dimly on his chest which reached to his cheek, wearing only few armor on him. However, despite the lack of armor, his aura told others that he didn't really need those armor, instead his body alone was enough to offset most damages done to him.

A knight in bronze armor which gently exuding holy aura. Even if he restrained his might, his presence still gave off an unyielding and sacred will of protection as if no matter what difficulties laid in front of him, he would still come forward to protect those behind him.

An ancient Greek warrior wielding a great bow. Strangely, there seemed to be a horse tail appeared from behind him. He walked to his new Master before he lightly bowed to her in courtesy.

A young girl(?) who wielded double swords, wearing a blue jacket and black short pant, equipped with blue muffler and a blue cap which couldn't even hide her ahoge... She was currently seen to smile awkwardly to Claire as Claire sighed a little.

And a lively young girl in black lolita dress wearing a black variation helmet with sun-like structure on it. Occasionally, flames seemed to flash around her as she mischievously ran around to other Servants and Masters in the summoning hall before returning to her Master -- the young man in black suit -- who seemed greatly dumbfounded after seeing his Servant which didn't match with his intended summon...

Seeing the last two Servants and comparing it to the first three Servants, Darnic's and Vlad III's expression turned cloudy as they stiffened in frustration. Even if they regretted it, they couldn't just return them to the Throne of Heroes, could they?

Helplessly, both of them could only pray that those two Servants wouldn't be a burden in the upcoming war. They just couldn't imagine what kind of catalyst that could result in the summoning of such Servants like those two...

...

Within the quiet night in Rukino's room. Rafi already departed from there as he brought Gawain along with him, leaving Rukino with her Servant.

Amidst the silence, Caster gazed at her Master, becoming slightly absentminded at the end of it. While she was still seemingly in a trance, Caster suddenly spoke as she slowly turned to the nothingness behind her, "You have been standing there for so long. Now that they are gone, can you come out, Queen of the Land of Shadows?"

There was no answer, only another silence which accompanied her. However, not long after that, it was if space began wriggling, the shadows on the wall moved before revealing a female figure who stepped out from those shadows.

She was holding a red cursed spear, her face was hidden behind a veil, showing only her red eyes and purple long hair. The shadows which wrapped around her slowly untied, revealing her full-body outfit underneath it which accentuated her curvaceous figure.

Her eyes showed a little surprise as she looked at Caster. With her expertise, she believed that no ordinary magus or Heroic Spirit could detect her easily like that. Not even a strong Heroic Spirit like Gawain could sense her presence if she didn't allow it.

"You're... really intriguing. Did I reveal any traces?" Scathach asked curiously. As she looked at Caster up close, it was like there was a fog which kept hindering her perception to recognize Caster's identity. However, somehow, she had a feeling that she was familiar with Caster, one way or another...

"No, your concealment was perfect. It's because of other reason that I know you're here." Caster replied, looking at Scathach with a hint of amusement in her eyes.

"Makes sense. Not even that knight of the Round Table and his Master can detect me after all these time."

"...you still underestimated them, huh. It's fine. Actually, it won't be long either before he realized you have been following them all these time, Scathach. Besides, for you who have been itching to test them, you would surely show up on your own later on."

It was as if she muttered to herself before Caster looked to Scathach, speaking softly to her. From her voice, Scathach could catch a strange complex feeling from Caster when she mentioned about her Master and her companions.

"You seems to know me, Caster... were we an acquaintance?" Scathach asked with a hint of expectation in her voice, as well as feeling slightly complicated over it.

From her short talk with Caster, Scathach could determine that she seemed to know Caster in her life previously. However, due to her long life and her inability to die, Scathach have repeated the cycle of encounter and parting countless times before... no matter if they were friends of enemies to her. As such, it was probably the fact that she might have chanced upon one of her past acquaintance which caused a ripple in her previously still heart.

"For me, it's probably been a long time already. Although, I don't know how it is from your perspective..."

As she was speaking, Caster slowly lifted her hood, revealing her long blue hair which glistened as if blue ocean. It was also at that time she undid her concealment ability, allowing Scathach to see through her identity.

"This is... how can? It's you?!" Scathach couldn't help exclaim in surprise after she realized who was the woman in front of her.

Among Scathach's long life in the world, it was rare for her to be greatly surprised like that as her precognitive ability had already numbed her sense of surprise. However, when it came to Caster, she felt like her precognitive ability was useless as she couldn't even recognize her, unable to see through her essence. Only after Caster unraveled her concealment ability that Scathach finally realized who was Caster in front of her...

"Please, I need your help, Scathach."

8