4 – The will of the Swarm
331 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Location: In a forest near the small town

 

“What in Xel’s name is this.”

Swears a man as he covers his mouth and nose.

 

“It looks like the ground is alive.”

States a second man as he pokes the viscous substance with a stick.

 

A third man is looking away with a pale look on his face.

 

“Its feels think and slimy.”

Says the second man to the third man.

 

“That’s so gross Devin.”

Says the third man, who looks back at what him and the other hunters in his group came across.

He gags and run over to a bush before vomiting out of sight.

 

“Stop acting like a kid Rob.”

Teases Devin.

“Fred what should we do?”

Inquires Devin, in a more serious tone, as he turns to face the first man.

 

“In all my years hunting in this forest I’ve never seen anything like this. We should let the mayor know and keep people away from this part of the forest.”

Replies a tall man with a scar across his face that displays his experience with the monsters of the forest.

 

Rob, whose colour has returned to his face, and Devin share a look as nothing has ever spooked their leader like this before.

“Do you think this has anything to do with the weird thing that happened with the sun a few days ago?”

Asks Rob as he is the least experienced among the three.

 

“Maybe, but not much of a point in starting rumours about it. Also, Rob clean yourself up. You’ve got a bit of sick on your clothes and I don’t think Elanora will find that attractive hehehe.”

Laughs Devin.

 

“Enough joking around let’s go back to town quickly. And you do know that Elanora’s a priestess right, you should stop trying already.”

Rob says before sighing as he walks away not waiting for the other two to stop messing around.

 

 


 

Location: Elsewhere in the forest

 

The sound of nature filled the forest, the rustle of leaves, the chirping of birds, the gentle hum of water in motion.

As the gentle streams of water signify the change from a winter snowscape to the season of new beginnings.

 

In the centre of a clearing a deer can be seen feeding on knee high grass. It remains blissfully unaware of a creature’s slight movement just 5 meters away from it.

Its ears perk up when the creature was 4 meters away as it felt an instinctual fear.

But sadly it was too late, and the creature leaped inside of the deer as it had done to many other animals in the area.

 

The eyes of the deer change from panic to obedience as the deer becomes fully under the control of its invader.

The deer is violently ripped apart and consumed by the creature for its biomass.

A small patch of creep is left behind that spreads a meter or so around the corpse.

The song of the birds is halted as they flee from the unnatural creature and the substance that it created.

 

The creature moved through the undergrowth passing some of its previous victims.

After reaching the temple that facilitated its travel to this world it settled down in a corner.

Soon the sounds of breaking bones and tearing flesh could be heard.

This time there was no screaming as rather than the destruction of life it was the augmentation of it.

Soon the prosses that would be nauseating to an onlooking ceased.

In the place of the engorged larva was a cocoon.

The heartbeat of the organism vibrated through the air.

With every beat the cocoon seemed to grow larger.

A dozen of hours passed as day become night, and night became day.

The cocoon began to convulse until the palpitations grew too violent resulting in the cocoon’s destruction.

Carapace scratched against the ground as the newly emerged creature righted itself.

Its green eyes observed as the liquid that filled the cocoon flowed onto the floor giving it a weird shine.

It looked towards the entrance to the temple and spoke its first words.

“My name is Niaysa, a Broodmother of the Swarm. The Queen of Blades wishes for Armies to be shattered. And for Worlds to burn. Her will is the will of the Swarm, and I am the executioner of this will.”

Although nothing hears them as all life has fled the temple grounds as even non-sentients can tell that staying would be unwise.

But nowhere will be far enough to escape the Swarm as the fate of this planet has already been decided…

 

 


 

Reused the text from the "Teaser" chapter.

So i'm not sure if I should remove the first chapter or not.

 

Based of the quote I guess the events happen sometime after the invasion of Korhal but before all the stuff with Amon kicks off.

 

Niaysa comes from the names of two other Broodmothers Niadra and Kilysa:

https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Niadra

https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Kilysa

 

Look forward to the beginning of  the Niaysa's Brood in the next few chapters!

 

13