3 – Arrival
389 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Location: Warp gate in unknown location

 

Lasadis point of view

 

The darkness that filled me vision soon gave way to bright light.

I looked around my head still throbbing from being forcibly taken control of.

“Xel’naga…”

I whispered standing their dumbfounded, the bright light disappears only to be replaced by a low glow that seems like it is radiating from everywhere in the room.

“To think that there really were more of these ancient gates…”

I say reminiscing on the Aiur gate that I used to study when I was younger. 

My reminiscing was cut short by the pain in my head as it began to increase until it felt like my brain was being torn apart…

 

 

3rd person point of view

 

An eerie death throw scream can be heard echoing down the ancient halls.

The tearing of flesh is all that follows as an unrecognisable clump of flesh wetly collapses to the floor.

From the mass of unidentifiable cells the parasitic larva can be seen emerging from its recently deceased host.

The larva begins to feast on it first kill, consuming and collecting its biomass, growing slightly in size as it does so.

It began to move towards where it could feel air flowing in from, leaving behind a few scraps of fabric.

The larva mindlessly travels past degrading walls, it turns around a corner and the cascading natural light acts as a beacon.

Cold air blows against it as it stops just outside of the entrance.

It looks first at the eclipse of the setting star in the sky, a trim of yellow can be seen around the pitch-black void that on a normal night would collect a gathering of worshipers.

But now it instills fear in everything that catches even a glimpse, it can only be an omen as to the strife to come.

The slightly intelligent glint in the gaze of the larva displays that it understands that the first up on its agenda is the collection of biomass.

And as the inhabitants of the planet would soon come to learn, it only takes the arrival of one zerg for a planet too fall…

 

 


 

Location: A church in a nearby small town

 

3rd person point of view

 

The dim flicker of candlelight washes over the collection of tightly packed humans.

Tension fills the air as a priestess reads holy passages to the masses.

After a minute of silent prayer, the priestess ends the sermon.

 

“May the god of creation Xel watch over us.”

Voices the priestess.

 

“May they watch over us.”

Prays the congregation in unison.

Many leave as the day is becoming night and they need to prepare for the next day’s work.

Children asking their parents questions, the parents trying their best to answer but just as lost their children as nothing like the events of today have been seen in their lifetime and maybe not even their parents’ lifetimes.

Some stay to continue to pray, whispers of the previously read passages can be heard echoing around the hallowed halls.

 

 

In an orphanage besides the church

 

“Do you really believe that everything will be okay priestess Elanora?”

Asks a young girl as she runs up to the priestess.

 

“Of course it will be Melina, Xel watches over all of us, and they wouldn’t let any harm come your way.”

Replies Elanora with a motherly aura.

 

“That not true! Xel doesn’t watch over shit!”

Shouts a young boy as he runs out of the room slamming the door behind him.

 

“Watch your words, Reid!”

Shouts back a nearby nun.

“Should I go calm him down sister Elanora?”

The nun asks.

 

“If you could, thank you sister Emile.”

Responds Elanora as she watches as her sister leaves.

She thinks about how the situation of both her and Emile, and Melina and Reid are similar.

Two sets of siblings orphaned, just by different wars.

Luckily there aren’t more like us she thinks, but that is probably due to this being a mining town where many of the residents are slaves.

Even with that being the case she doesn’t treat the people any different, if she were in a larger town or even a city that may upset the nobles, but no noble would ever come her not for any good reason anyway.

This is the reason why the people trust her and why the situation in this town is relatively stable as she was able to calm people down, what its like somewhere like the capital right now she cannot imagine.

She feels a slight tug on her clothes, snapping her out of her thoughts as she realises that she ignored the girl in front of her.

“Ah, sorry for spacing out like that.”

Elanora says with a hint of shame.

 

“Its okay. I just wanted to ask if you could read me a bedtime story like usual.”

Nervously asks Melina.

 

“Sure, lets get you ready for bed.”

Replied Elanora

 

“Yay!”

Melina shouted happily as she ran out of the room, leaving Elanora alone.

 

Elenora’s veneer disappeared as she was also worried about what happened earlier.

Although she isn’t that spiritual herself, as she does this job more for being able to help others and to return the goodwill that she and her sister received in the capital.

Though she will admit that the ‘eclipse’, she read about during her time training for her current role, was very similar in description to what happened.

If that truly is the case… She shivered remembering the stories of suffering that followed in the past.

But this isn’t the time to think about this, she thought to herself as she began to follow after Melina.

 

 


 

Xel'naga warp gates are a different thing to protoss warp gates:

https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Warp_gate_(xel%27naga)

 

We got some humans now!

No 'psionic' users yet, but they will probably appear once the zerg are recognised as a threat.

 

15