6 – Report
283 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Location: Outside the church in the small town

 

Whilst the Zerg were establishing their first hatchery there was once again a gathering of humans inside of the church. This time however there were less people, but the atmosphere was far more intense than it had been a few days prior due to the report of suspicious occurrences in the forest.

Stood just outside the church were the three hunters that had prompted this meeting to be held. “Why do they meet in the church anyways?” Asks Rob, the third hunter who had thrown up when we he saw the purple viscous flesh that they dubbed as Corruption.

It was called so as on their way back to the town they came across another sighting of weird gelatinous flesh. This one however covered a small sapling of a tree that couldn’t be taller than 1 meter. The aforementioned tree had withered providing a sharp contrast to the other more lively trees around.

“They meet here simply because there is nowhere else to meet.” Replies Fred, the first hunter who is the leader of their small hunting group.

“Its because of the ‘Lord’, he takes basically everything other than what is needed to survive. I wish he could see the state of the people he’s meant to protect. Like seriously the town hall is just a normal shack where the mayor lives, like everyone else’s homes.” Rants Devin, the second hunter who inspected the corruption.

“Calm yourself Devin, you know you could be punished for disrespecting nobility. And its not all that bad since at least a church was built here, and it had to be made properly as to not be an offense to Xel.” Responded Fred.

“That true, and if not for the church there would be no Elanora.” Said Devin as he smirked at Rob.

The door to the church opened slightly and one of the few town guards called out “The towns council asks you to report on the strange occurrences within the forest of New Marrock.” He beckoned them to enter as they did so he closed the door behind them and took up one of two posts either side of the door.

 

 


 

Location: Inside the church of New Marrock

 

After the three had finished recounting what they had seen in the forest, not forgetting to mention how Rob had thrown up. The atmosphere with the church became even worse as small groups of two to three people talked among themselves on the different rows of pews in the church.

“Silence. If what these three men have described is true, then unfortunate times may soon be upon us. Rather than whispering among yourselves if you have anything constructive to say then speak up now.” Declared an old man who was stood at the front of the church stood behind the lectern.

“Mayor Orman is right we need to work together in order to have the best outcome possible.” Expressed Elanora.

“What do you suggest we do then oh holy priestess.” Sarcastically retorted a short but muscular man.

“Chief Miner Neal, what we should do is tell people to avoid those areas, and that if they find anymore of this corruption that they should report it as soon as possible.” Replied Elanora calmly.

“A good idea priestess, but how will we stop people from being even more panicked than they already are?” Mentioned a more formal looking town guardsman.

“Captain Tomas, we will let people know after the daily church session and hopefully you and your guardsmen can control the occasional outbursts.” Responded Elanora.

“A wonderful idea priestess Elanora! I declare as mayor of New Marrock that unless given permission no-one is allowed within those parts of the forest. Captain Tomas, I hope that you will assist priestess Elanora to the best of your abilities. Chief Miner Neal, try your best to keep those rowdy miners of yours under control, because Xel knows how they will react to this since it could limit travel to the mines. Meeting dismissed.” Announced Orman.

 

The ripple of uneasiness would cause the towns people to be on edge and would even result in conflict among themselves. But that is for another time…

 

 


 

More characters! Also I tried condensing the lines (aka writing properly),  so let me know if you like it this way or if you prefer it more spread out.

 

Condensed or spread out lines?
  • Condensed Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Spread Out Votes: 3 15.0%
Total voters: 20
8