5 – Foundation
307 10 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Location: Xel’naga temple

 

The newly emerged Niaysa was perplexed as she looked at the drawings on the wall.

“If only my Queen was here, she would surely understand the meaning of these.”

She said in a sad tone as she remembered feeling of the disappearance of her Queens presence immediately after having commandeered control of the protoss named Lasadis and ensuring her survival.

She felt conflicted as being a part of the swarm she shouldn’t care for her own life as much as she did, or perhaps she was designed this way by her queen, she just wasn’t sure.

Thus her goal would be not only conquering the planet but also re-establishing contact with The Queen of Blades.

 

But first she would need to establish herself and her brood she thought to herself as she moved to a clearing in front of the temple.

Her body realising that she was in a very vulnerable situation, being the only zerg on the planet, began to feel strange.

But instinctively she new that this was the feeling of laying an egg.

After the surprisingly quick and easy event took place, she turned around her large body to look at the first of her progeny.

What greeted her was a few small fleshy eggs that soon began to increase in size and somewhat solidify.

Niaysa imagined that her cocoon looked like this just much larger.

These egg-cum-cocoon then began to slightly pulsate.

 

Niaysa stood and watched over the beginning of the brood somewhat unsure as what was to come next.

The cocoons then began to pulsate at a higher rate with a larger intensity.

Crack

Sounds of the football sized cocoons splitting apart reverberated around the nearby trees.

Niaysa felt contact through her psionic link for the first time since her arrival.

There were no words only emotions and even those weren’t very indepth.

She looked at the three newly emerged organisms before her.

They were clearly waiting for her, but she was unsure of what to do.

The organisms, that she for some reason could identified as larva, began to move from their places of emergence.

There 50cm long bodies unfurling as they began to move slowly but erratically towards Niaysa.

Stop

She told them through the link.

They obliged however still continued to move slightly as they stretched out their freshly ‘hatched’ bodies.

By ordering the three larvae through the link she felt as if she could order them to do more.

Before realising it her desire to establish her brood caused the three larvae to form cocoons once again.

 

Niaysa stood in slight panic as she didn’t intend for them to do what they are currently doing.

That being said she wasn’t really sure what they were doing to begin with.

She could tell through the link that the larvae were changing for the better.

All she could do was continue to wait, as leaving the cocoons alone would clearly be unwise.

 

A couple of hours passed and the cocoons began to hatch for a second time.

Niaysa looked at the cocoons that had slowly grown much larger during this time.

She reckoned that the hight was around one meter using her own height of two and a half meters as a base.

Focusing her attention back on the three cocoons she felt the link she had with each become more sophisticated.

Soon the new beings emerged, they began to eat the remnants of the cocoons they hatched from to provide them with their first meal.

She was able to tell that these were drones, the backbone of the swarm that were tasked with the gathering of resources and morphing into new structures using their own bodies.

These three drones acting of the subconscious wishes of their mother and queen began to eat away at the grass in the clearing.

Niaysa stepped aside and watched the drones work, familiarising herself with their capabilities.

Though the link had improved it was more of the emotions being clearer, and it seemed that communication through language was not possible.

She watched as they half floated, half skittered around through the combined use of their legs, wings, and float bladder.

 

After a few minutes of diligent work the centre of the clearing had been largely cleared.

One of the drones then made its way to the centre before sending an image to Niaysa.

Hatchery…

Niaysa recognised the hatchery as the first stage in the path of mutation for a zerg hive cluster, thus she gave the go ahead.

The drones back began enlarging in a very unnatural way as they rest of its body began to almost melt.

This melt began to shake back on forth slowly moving around the outside of the weird pustulous back growth.

Then the structure brought forth more memories that had been planted in Niaysa mind.

It now looked very familiar to her as she realised it was the typical look of a drone morphing into a structure.

The other two drones began to regurgitate the grass they ate earlier before shoving it into the morphing drone.

The green clumps easily passed through the outer membrane of the morphing structure, they provided it with the biomass needed to begin to grow.

And grow it blob of cells increased from diameter of a meter to two followed by three.

Eventually the drones ran out of biomass to feed the growing structure, so they began to consume the surrounding flora.

Niaysa new that at the current rate it may take somewhere between three and four hours to fully grow.

But she could tell that although biomass was effective at significantly boosting the growth of structures and cocoons, there was another way.

This way could perhaps half the time taken in comparison to biomass.

But it required the use of Minerals, so after her cluster had been established, she would start to look for somewhere to mine…

 

 


 

Wasn't really sure on how to write from the POV of a Zerg, so sorry if it seems weird.

 

Also Scribble Hub keeps underlining in red words like centre and telling me that it is center. 

Does anyone know how I get to stay being Bri'ish and turn that off.

Like seriously which american decided words should be spelt using Z 's rather than S's: "Realised" (Good), "Realized" (Bad)

It just looks so weird.

 

But anyway, hatchery in development!

And Niaysa looking for minerals, hopefully there won't be anyone in the way, wink.

That would be terrible right, wink.

 

13