8 – Encounter
236 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Location: The forests of New Marrock

 

Fred, Devin, and Rob were patrolling around the forest as they had been everyday since their report a couple of days ago. The other hunters of the town were out patrolling as well, this had caused some unrest as many families were now beginning to have to eat salted or smoked meats that they weren’t fans of due to having become accustomed to fresh meat even during the winter from the bountiful forests.

The three hunters soon came across a small clearing were there are a few collapsed huts. “Seems like this is a goblin settlement, or at least what used to be one.” Observed Devin as he looked at the destroyed primitive buildings around him.

“There aren’t any bodies though which means they were hunted not for extermination but as prey. And there are trails of blood leading away from New Marrock, so what ever killed these goblins lives in the direction of the mountains.” Commented Fred as he looked at the muddy depression in the ground from the bodies being dragged.

“Maybe its wolves, because seriously look at the size of these claw marks!” Exclaims Rob.

“Definitely not wolves because these aren’t paw tracks. What they are I am not sure.” Replies Devin.

“But they are definitely deadly, that much is evident. So Rob stop admiring the ground and be on your guard.” Scolds Fred.

Almost as if listening to their conversation a bush near Rob shook as a weird looking large animal leaped at Rob. Rob grunted as he was knocked to the floor as the beast proceeded to try to claw at him. Luckily Fred was close enough to kick the beast off of him. “Thankyou Fred.” Quickly said Rob.

The beast quickly righted itself and immediately lashed forward at Fred. He was caught unprepared by it as it happened in less than second. Its claws and talons sliced at Fred and ripped open his stomach tearing away his intestinal tract. Fred dropped to his knees looking down at his gapping wound with shock and terror in his eyes as he bled out in seconds. In his last moments he tried to speak but all that happened was gurgling sounds as blood flowed from his mouth. He then fell from his knees onto the ground and ceased to move.

Devin and Rob froze in shock as they witnessed friend and leader of many years have his life reaped in a matter of seconds. Devin quickly snapped out of it sprinting towards the beast, as he did so he drew his sword and swung his sword at the foe. He aimed his blade towards the vicious talons, attempting to damage one of the methods of attack the beast possessed. A metallic clang rang around the clearing as Devin’s blade ricocheted leaving behind only a slight crack in the thick bone. “Oh shit… RUN! ROB WAKE UP YOU FUCKING IDIOT! RUN!!!” screamed Devin to Rob waking him from the trance he was stuck in.

“Fuck. Fuck. FUCK!” shouted Rob in delirium as he turned and sprinted wildly in the direction of New Marrock leaving Devin behind.

Devin was left clutching the handle of his slightly battered blade. Ready to go down with a fight he took up a proper fighting stance. “Come at me bitch!” He taunted loudly towards the being in front of him as it loomed over Fred’s desecrated corpse. It let out a vicious screech as bolted at him faster than anything he’d ever seen before. As it leaped into the air diving towards his throat ready to tear away his ability to breath. Devin knelt down on one knee angling his blade at where he thought the heart may be. In the last moment he stabbed upwards impaling the beast in the heart as it toppled him over and onto the ground. The last thing he experienced was the beasts’ claws tearing into his chests in what he thought was its last moments alive…

 

 


 

Bit of a shorter chapter as I am writing again. Sorry for being inactive for so long I was busy with a mock exams for school. I do have plans for what I want to write its more finding the time to write it! So new chapters will probably be once or twice a week, IDK we will see!

Thanks for reading! And have a good one!

 

7