Chapter 5
60 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5

After leaving the camp, Gongsun Zan took a close look.

Sure enough, twenty white horses came into sight. These twenty white horses were all as white as snow, without any variation, and they looked extremely powerful.

At first glance, it is a first-class white horse.

The best white horse!

Such a fine horse and Han Yu are willing to present it to me!

In addition, it is all 20 at once!

People should know that his cavalry has only been more than 3,000 over the years!

This Han Yu is simply formidable!

The importance of horses in this era cannot be underestimated.

This is also the reason why Xiliang Dong Zhuo can fight against the eighteen routes of Warlords alone!

This is also the reason why Gongsun Zan can make a big wave outside the walls to go to war!

It was because they had powerful cavalry!

Gongsun Zan, the leader of this White Horse Cavalry is quite arrogant but he is not stupid.

Looking at the white horse in front of him, even though Gongsun Zan was happy in his heart, he didn't agree with Han Yu right away.

Gongsun Zan pretended to refuse and said, “Young Master Han, I wouldn't dare to accept such a big gift!”

Han Yu smiled and said,

"I know that General Gongsun is a person who loves horses. These white horses can only show their worth if they follow General Gongsun. Yu wants to give it to general Gongsun so that these horses can be well received!"

Even though Han Yu said so, Gongsun Zan didn't believe what Han Yu said.

There are no free lunches in the world.

Especially now that there is still serious tension between Warlords!

Everyone has their own interests, and things are not as simple as it seems.

Gongsun Zan knew that Han Yu would definitely have some motive.

From Gongsun Zan's perspective, Han Yu's father, the Governor of Jizhou Han Fu must have sent him here.

So Gongsun Zan said: “Although your father Han Shijun and I are both one of the eighteen Warlords, the two of us have no relationship with one another. This time, young master Han unexpectedly came and gave me 20 horses, so young master must have something you want. If Zan can do it, then Zan will surely agree."

Good!

Communicating with smart people is easy!

Han Yu smiled and said:

"General Gongsun is very good, and Yu's thoughts cannot be hidden from the General's sharp gaze. To be honest, actually, Yu does have something to ask for, and Yu wants general Gongsun to fulfill it."

“Young Master Han, please speak!”

Gongsun Zan nodded; he knew that this matter was not that simple.

Although twenty good horses were a great temptation, Gongsun Zan had to see if he could fulfill the other party's request.

Otherwise, Gongsun Zan would not have done the business.

However, since Gongsun Zan wanted to speak, Han Yu's chances of success were very high.

"General Gongsun is often outside the walls, but you are a hero of this era, and the Cavalry under your reign is without equal in the world..."

As soon as Han Yu spoke, he spoke eloquently, praising Gongsun Zan and his white horse cavalry properly, and did not mention what he wanted.

Han Yu indeed greatly admired this white horse general who left his name in history.

The four main cavalries of the Three Kingdoms were the Iron Cavalry from both Xiliang and Bingzhou, the Leopard Cavalry, and the White Horse Cavalry.

If Cao Cao's leopard cavalry was representative of the heavy cavalry, then the white horse cavalry was representative of the light cavalry of the late Han Dynasty.

Heavy cavalry and light cavalry cannot be generalized because of their differences in their attributes and functionalities.

On the battlefield, troop movements can often turn the tide of battle!

The white horse cavalry fought for its homeland from the foreign tribes that could fight well, which was enough to prove their strength.

Because Han Yu sincerely admired the cavalry in his heart, Han Yu's flattery appeared to be very sincere.

This flatters Gongsun Zan.

The white horse cavalry was a special troop that Gongsun Zan developed little by little while fighting outside the Great Wall all year round.

During the decades outside the Great Wall, he had fought against the Xianbei, Wuhuan, and others tribes, and he was not afraid of fighting these foreign tribes at all!

It was precisely because of the white horse cavalry that Gongsun Zan was given the title of General of the White Horse.

In this regard, how could Gongsun Zan not be proud?

Han Yu saw Gongsun Zan's expression and knew that his words had made Gongsun Zan very happy, so he turned and said: “Yu has long admired your generals and white horse cavalry, and there is one cavalry commander with whom I have an indissoluble bond. Yu also asked General Gongsun to begrudgingly let go and let him follow me in the future..."

Gongsun Zan breathed a sigh of relief and said with a smile,

"Is this Young Master Han's request?"

"Yes!"

Han Yu nodded with a smile.

Gongsun Zan was relieved at this time, and asked, "I don't know who the person young master Han is talking about is?"

Han Yu said, “I heard that there was a man named Zhao Yun (Zilong) among the white horse cavalry. He comes from Changshan, Jizhou. I wonder if General Gongsun can let him go?"

“Zhao Yun?”

Gongsun Zan was momentarily stunned, a little confused.

Gongsun Zan had no impression of the name Zhao Yun at all.

There seems to be no such person in the cavalry.

He originally thought that what Han Yu wanted was also a general of the white horse.

However, he never would have thought that all Han Yu wanted was just an ordinary person in white horse cavalry.

From Gongsun Zan's perspective, as long as the person Han Yu mentioned wasn't the leader of the loyal followers of the White Horse Cavalry like his general Yan Gang, it would be no problem.

Rather than anyone else, trading for the twenty white horses would be an excellent thing no matter what.

After all, this horse was quite rare, and one person less would be nothing more than something that could be cultivated in a few battles.

Especially in Youzhou, the most important thing is war!

This deal was absolutely not a loss for him.

Gongsun Zan decided to agree.

Thank you for reading!

2