Chapter 9: Ultra Despair Kids – Child Emperor ☆
247 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Rewritten Chapter (12/26/2023)

 

 

Chapter 9: Ultra Despair Kids – Child Emperor

 

POV Isamu

Much of this underground facility is a gigantic labyrinth filled with numerous hallways that lead nowhere. Therefore, I have memorized the plans of important areas and established different escape routes.

Additionally, using my Faz-Watch I managed to follow the signal from the tracker implanted in Eri's Monokuma. All this while I made my way through the underground tunnels, taking one or another detour until finally intercepting them without being detected by other members of the Shie Hassaikai.

After all, right now, the vast majority of them must be heading to the surface to check out the current situation with no idea what awaits them while Overhaul is possibly on his way to his lab.

I have blatantly altered the timeline and manipulated the current events in detail... As a result, everything boils down to this precise moment...

I hold the straps of my backpack tightly and quickly assess the opponents in front of me as the smoke around me gradually dissipates. I must admit that I was a little disappointed not to find Kendo Rappa among them, but I guess that was to be expected.

“This must be a joke…” Shin Nemoto mutters, holding a gun in his right hand while his left-hand holds Eri's wrist, preventing her from moving away from him. His quirk allows him to force his victim to answer with the truth after asking a question.

“It's just a damn brat playing hero… Hahaha!” Toya Setsuno laughs loudly, holding a katana as a deranged look spreads across his face. His quirk allows him to instantly transfer an object from another person's possession into his own hands.

“I will deal with him… Any threat to Overhaul and the Shie Hassaikai must be crushed without mercy.” Yu Hojo growls, cracking his knuckles with a look that promises pain as he takes a step forward. His quirk grants him the ability to produce sharp and durable crystals from his skin.

My opponents are part of the Eight Bullets and are completely loyal to Overhaul…

"Do it fast." Shin Nemoto snorted. At least he could have used his quirk and interrogated me a little before trying to attack me... They are underestimating me because of my age... Perfect.

Except for Kendo Rappa, all of them are useless to me and my plans.

“It's nothing personal, kid, you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.” Yu Hojo growls, activating his quirk and covering some parts of his body with sharp crystals before lunging toward  my direction with the clear intention of killing me. “Now be a good kid and die!”

I have decided not to hold back and end this as quickly as possible, therefore, I am not worried about hiding my identity… By showing my face, the fate of my opponents was sealed.

Then with a completely determined look on my face, the sharp and dangerous weapons hidden inside my backpack were instantly deployed with only one goal… Eliminate the threat.

After all, it's not like I'm going to let any of them escape after seeing my face… Hehe.

*** Cut! Drill! Stab! Fatality! ***

“It's nothing personal… You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.” I muttered monotonously as the deployed weapons quickly returned to the inside of my backpack thanks to my comprehension technology before I walked past what was left of Yu Hojo without even flinching.

Defective toys have no place in my game...

Luckily, Eri obeyed my order and kept her eyes closed tightly. Perfect, let's continue... One less, two left.

Then I loosened my grip on my backpack just before a powerful invisible force snatched it away from me almost immediately.

“STEAL!” Toya Setsuno exclaimed, using his quirk to separate me from my backpack. "You! Damn brat!" He exclaimed completely angrily, throwing my backpack aside before grabbing his katana tightly and running towards my direction. “Without your damn killer backpack, you are nothing more than a helpless child!”

“I will cut you in half!”

“I don't need my backpack to finish you off.” I murmured calmly, reaching into my left pocket until a faint but distinctive activation sound reached my keen ears. Immediately afterward, I quickly took out a small cube-shaped object from my pocket.

"Stupid boy! Whatever that is, I won't give you a chance to use it! Hahaha!” He laughed maniacally, closing the distance between us, swinging his katana with the clear intention of splitting me in half before extending his left hand forward and activating his quirk again.

“STEAL!”

Immediately afterward, the small BIM explosive in my hand was attracted to his hand…

The look of shock and horror on Toya Setsuno's face was certainly gratifying.

“Game Over…” I whispered with a small but sly smile as the shockwave from the resulting explosion slightly messed up my hair.

“Now… It's your turn to play.” I hum slowly, focusing my gaze on Shin Nemoto, who flinches at my gaze and takes a couple of steps back, releasing Eri from his grasp in the process.

“We made a mistake by underestimating you… It is evident that you are not a hero… It is also evident that you are not a normal child… However, I highly doubt that you could dodge a shot.” He mutters, gripping his gun tightly before pointing it at me.

“So answer my questions before I blow your brains out!”

“Who the hell are you?!”

He asks with obvious anger in his tone, activating his quirk and forcing me to confess as the tension grows ever higher.

~

~

~

"I am…"

“CHILD EMPEROR!”

I responded with great enthusiasm, raising my right hand in the air before snapping my fingers loudly. “…And I am inevitable.”

*** DANGER ***

*** DANGER ***

*** DANGER ***

***Safe mode disabled. ***

Right now, numerous cargo trucks must be surrounding what remains of the Shie Hassaikai facility on the surface as the reinforced doors of the cargo containers open dramatically.

The third wave had begun…

At the same time, the robotic eyes of the Monokuma next to Eri glow a menacing red before his powerful spongy fist crashes hard into Shin Nemoto's stomach.

“Monokuma Smash!” Monokuma exclaimed in a menacing robotic voice, sending his unfortunate opponent flying, abruptly slamming him into a wall in the distance and creating a small crater in the process.

One minute… One minute was all it took me to defeat them… I must admit that I have mixed feelings about it… However, I do not regret my actions… Nor what is about to happen…

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of gunshots and some explosions coming from the upper levels while Monokuma scanned the surroundings in detail with his menacing robotic eyes in search of any enemy.

Therefore, he briefly focused his attention on Eri and then on me before turning around and quickly walking away from us, ready to fulfill his programming after safe mode was deactivated.

At this, I quickly grabbed my backpack from the ground and put it back on, approaching a trembling Eri who still kept her eyes closed tightly. “Let's go home… Eri~Chan.” I whispered gently, lifting her off the ground and carrying her in my arms.

“You… You really came for me.” She murmurs shakily as she hides her face in my chest.

Despite her young age, she has suffered a lot because of her quirk and Overhaul's twisted experiments... What a cliche and illogical way to waste that potential.

Rewind could easily be considered one of the most powerful and broken quirks in this twisted world… With enough training and the right facilities, the possibilities are limitless…

Why didn't anyone in the anime think of it? The power of the plot was certainly ridiculous…

However, I will not allow that unlimited potential to go to waste... Therefore, Eri will become a fundamental piece in my future plans. My intentions could be considered selfish and despicable, but that's definitely much better than her being tortured over and over again until the beginning of the fourth season.

Despite me being a villain with a questionable and slightly twisted moral compass... There are lines that simply should not be crossed... But manipulation is not one of them...

Talk No Jutsu!

“I used to be like you…” I whispered gently, using my fantastic acting and manipulation skills as my words slowly began to sink into her heart. “No one helped you before, huh?”

"It must have been hard, Eri~Chan... You must have been very scared... It must have been hard waiting for some hero to come save you... It's terrible."

I whispered slowly, borrowing some words from a certain villain very clever in the art of manipulation, turning around and advancing towards the hole in the wall through which I entered. All this while she clings tightly to my shirt before her small body begins to tremble slightly.

“You're safe now… I'm here.”

As expected, Eri's tears began to soak my shirt as she let out all the feelings that she was forced to repress all this time. The seed of loyalty has been successfully planted.

“The monster will come for me… And he will hurt you too.” She whispers shakily with fear evident in her voice.

“Oh? Do you mean Overhaul?”

Immediately afterwards, the sound of a powerful explosion shakes the surroundings while in the distance the characteristic sound of a collapse is heard... There is no doubt, the explosion originated in the laboratory...

Unlike a Shonen anime protagonist… I do use my brain.

“I don't think that's possible… Hehe.”


POV Third person

Shin Nemoto was in a lot of pain... His breathing was erratic while many of his bones were broken... However, his strong devotion to Overhaul kept him conscious. “The master trusts me… I must kill the child and get Eri back… I must kill… kill…”

Isamu stops and closes his eyes while in the distance, just behind him, a wounded Shin Nemoto on the ground pointing his shaking weapon at Isamu's back.

"Finish him."

Isamu ordered in an authoritative voice, opening his eyes with determination and continuing his retreat before a small but cruel smile spread across his face.

“I will not disappoint the master…” Shin Nemoto grunts in pain, ready to pull the trigger before a sudden robotic sound at his side instantly catches his attention, causing him to instinctively divert his weapon towards the source of the sound.

“Even if my life depended on it!” He quickly exclaimed with a completely horrified look, staring at a menacing Monokuma with his sharp claws right in front of him.

“Pupupupupu.” The Monokuma's eyes glowed brightly before he quickly pounced on his unfortunate victim.

“💀 AHHHHH!!! 💀”

An agonized scream in the distance causes Eri to shudder again, still clinging to her savior's shirt before she slightly lifts her gaze, thus sharing a small glance with Isamu. “They'll be fine, right?” Eri can't help but ask with nervousness evident in her voice.

In the mind of an innocent little girl... She fears that many people will get hurt because of her... Which Isamu deduced instantly.

“…”

“…”

“Don't worry about them, they will all be fine thanks to the power of friendship.” Isamu responded kindly with a big innocent smile before taking a small cookie out of his pocket and handing it to Eri. "I swear by All Might."

The promise of her savior and a delicious cookie with a small dose of sleeping pill was enough to convince her.

“Thank you… Child Emperor.” She whispers with small pieces of cookie covering her cheeks, hiding her face again in Isamu's chest while a small smile slowly forms on her small face for the first time in a long time.

She's happy that this time no one was hurt because of her... That was what little Eri believed as Isamu's words echoed in her head.

“The power of friendship…” She whispered with a small smile before falling fast asleep in Isamu's arms.


A drunken Deidoro Sakaki staggered through a dark hallway, holding an empty alcohol bottle as he walked aimlessly.

“BwaHaHa! I think I'm really drunk... Hic... Teddy bears descending en masse from those strange trucks... Hic... Teddy bears being devoured by Soramitsu... Teddy bears devouring Soramitsu... Killer teddy bears running everywhere...

“I'm definitely very drunk… Drunk~ Drunk…”

He manages to hum with obvious difficulty while the lights in the dark hallway flicker sinisterly as if it were a horror movie. Briefly illuminating the blood stains on the walls… The claw-shaped cracks everywhere… The numerous bullet casings on the floor along with the remains of some destroyed Monokuma bears…

…Not to mention the presence of an operational Monokuma right in the middle of the hallway.

“Pupupu!” The Monokuma exclaims happily, advancing with open arms towards Deidoro Sakaki. "Let's be friends! Friends!"

“It looks like you want a hug little friend… Hic…” He slurred, opening his arms and closing the distance between him and the Monokuma.

“Maybe I'll faint… Hic… And now I'm unconscious covered in my own vomit… So this must all be a figment of my imagination… Hehe…” He burps loudly in a completely drunken state before hugging the Monokuma.

“Let's be the best of friends until death do us part…”

The Monokuma uttered as his robotic voice grew thicker and darker, wrapping his spongy arms around him before the characteristic sound of bones breaking and a bottle crashing to the floor echoed through the dark hallway.

~

~

~

“Pupupu… Hail Hydra.”

The power of Hydra's friendship had certainly spread rapidly throughout the Shie Hassaikai facility. Which allowed both Eri and Isamu to escape without difficulty... Without anyone to stop or chase them.


"Damn!" Mimic exclaimed in fury after having left behind his characteristic puppet body in order to escape a horde of rabid Monokumas. Mimic's Quirk allows him to merge his body and his mind into an object, granting him complete control over the object as if it were his own body.

Therefore, in a short time, he was forced to pretend to be a fire extinguisher, a trash can, and finally, a toilet while the Monokumas had fun playing hide and seek... Attacking any suspicious or out-of-place object.

“This can't be happening… The Shie Hassaikai… Has fallen.” He growls with immeasurable anger, trying to understand how in a matter of minutes, everything he and Overhaul worked for came crashing down.


Minutes later, in a control room not far from the devastated Shie Hassaikai facilities.

“I think I went a little overboard with the programming of my toys.” Isamu laughed nervously, scratching his head as a bead of sweat slid down his face. In front of him, a screen plays the disturbing images of the cameras implanted inside the monokumas' robotic eyes.

“I definitely went a little overboard… But nothing a lollipop won’t fix!” He exclaimed, quickly pulling a lollipop out of his backpack before popping it in his mouth, instantly cheering me up and continuing to scan the images with morbid curiosity in search of any survivors.

Not long after, Isamu's eyes shone with little stars in his eyes, watching Kendo Rappa crush and destroy numerous Monokumas with his consecutive powerful blows.

“Ora, ora, ora, ora, ora, ora, ora!” Kendo Rappa exclaimed with great enthusiasm, enjoying a battle to the death against countless robotic enemies… Ignoring the wounds on his body and mercilessly destroying numerous enemies with each of his devastating punches.

Around him, the remains of the destroyed Monokumas lay scattered throughout the place while hundreds of Monokumas continued to approach closer and closer from all directions, completely surrounding him.

“I'm not trapped here with all of you, you're all trapped here with me!”

And the fight continued epically... A fight to the death that would only have one winner. Battle cries loaded with great determination... One or another flashback by Rappa while the Monokumas beat his body... A final monologue about the search for a great death in combat.

And the fight finally ended...

“Game Over.” Isamu whispered, slowly closing his eyes before observing a minute of silence as a sign of respect.

~

~

~

“Rest in peace, my brave Monokumas.”

Isamu uttered seriously before opening his eyes and clapping his hands animatedly. "All right! The surplus of Monokumas has been resolved!”

Meanwhile, Kendo Rappa breathed heavily, slowly staggering to a stop next to a door as behind him lay the remains of countless destroyed monokumas.

“You're watching me, right?” Rappa murmurs with numerous wounds all over his body, staying standing thanks to his burning willpower. “The damn mastermind behind all this.”

“I must assume that you defeated Overhaul and the others… You must be really strong…”

He states with a defiant smile, focusing his attention on the decapitated head of a Monokuma not far from him as the red light in his robotic eyes slowly fades.

“I can't wait to fight to the death against you.”

At this, the screen fills with static as a crooked smile slowly spreads across Isamu's face... Everything had gone according to plan.

“Pupupu...”

He laughs shamelessly as Eri sleeps soundly on a couch not far from him. All this while Isamu's eyes shine brightly, calculating all the fun and chaotic scenarios unlocked from now on... As if it were all a twisted video game.

“I'll need more Monokumas.”

☆☆☆☆☆

☆☆☆ CLICK HERE TO PLAY VIDEO ☆☆☆

☆☆☆☆☆


An indefinite time later.

POV Test Subject #69

I remember that all my research data was corrupted… All my research had been hacked by an unknown enemy… Everything I had worked for… Had disappeared.

I remember sending Chrono in search of Eri while I was trying to reorganize my thoughts…

I remember the sound of gunshots everywhere... I remember the sound of my subordinates screaming in panic... I remember the sound of my subordinates being abruptly killed...

I remember opening a strange envelope next to a package that I did not recognize in the middle of my laboratory... I still remember the feeling of hatred, fear, and uncertainty that I felt at that moment... Just before the explosion.

I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind...

I'm sorry boss... I have failed you.

I can't take it anymore... I have completely lost track of time as despair slowly consumes me in endless agony...

Someone…

Please…

Save me…

Immediately afterward, the sound of a heavy mechanical door opening causes my heart to begin beating in panic as my breathing becomes erratic. No… Not again…

My body writhes violently out of mere instinct, trying in vain to free myself from the armored restraints around my hands and legs while the light from outside illuminates the laboratory where I am held. This laboratory is nothing more nor less than a twisted exact replica of my previous laboratory...

Once the heavy mechanical doors opened completely, they revealed a menacing shadow, a shadow that grew larger and larger as someone approached the laboratory… Making my greatest fears come true.

He is here…

"Good morning! Good afternoon! Good night!"

A little boy exclaims happily, entering the laboratory as all the lights and machines around turn on automatically before he quickly approaches me and holds my hands with little stars in his eyes.

A monster in the form of a little boy…

Child Emperor…

DIE! DIE! DIE! Explode into thousands of pieces and return to hell!

Instinctively I tried to activate my quirk again and again without any result... Just like the day before... And the day before that... And all the other days... My quirk had disappeared. He took my research and my quirk... But that wasn't enough... It's never enough...

“The experiments must continue… I bet you are just as excited as I am… After all, you are now the star of the show.”

He pronounces animatedly, shaking my hands energetically before taking a couple of steps back and flipping a small switch on the floor, causing a huge screen to emerge from the ground right in front of me.

No… Not again… No…

“This time I added some subtle changes in coloration to better stimulate the visual cortex… I also adjusted the eye movement induction and calibrated the sound to control concentration as much as possible.

“I used every technique I could, even blatantly adding a couple of subliminal messages in order to prove one of my theories.”

“The human brain is certainly fascinating and mysterious.”

Damned! I'll kill you! Definitely…

“You can hate me all you want, but that won't change anything... Do you remember those words? Those are your words… What a turn of events, heh?”

I try to respond but I can't utter a single word... My body seems to be frozen with fear by mere instinct... Damn!

I can't let him keep getting into my head!

  "Alright!"

He exclaims happily, raising his right hand in the air with great enthusiasm as a device around my eyes activates automatically, causing me to be unable to look away from the huge screen or close my eyes.

“GAME ON!”

He exclaimed, snapping his fingers vigorously before the screen lit up and began playing a countdown. Immediately afterward, Child Emperor put on his usual headphones in order to protect his ears while he stood with his arms crossed on the side of the huge screen… Smiling slyly.

Hell exists and it is found right in this laboratory...

Eri… Did you feel the same when I experimented with you over and over again? The fear… The helplessness… The deep despair…

An immeasurable despair… Ultra despair…

Then the countdown ended... Thus beginning a heartbreaking melody that mercilessly destroys my eardrums at the same time that a sequence of images burns my ocular retinas...

No… No… No!

NO AGAIN!

☆☆☆☆☆

☆☆☆ CLICK HERE TO PLAY VIDEO ☆☆☆

☆☆☆☆☆

“I will happily drag you into my wonderful and chaotic world of madness… Even if I have to play with your brain over and over again.”

“🎵 Over and over again ~ Over and over again ~ Over and over again... 🎵”

“OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!”

😵💫

“HAHAHAHAHA!”


To Be Continued...

☢️☢️☢️ (Chapter 10 Will be rewritten soon!) ☢️☢️☢️

5