24 – The Vanity of an Old Man
850 5 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Uzumaki Akira was very excited as he read in the Light's Library, the Grand Elder who always had a very strong political outlook was watching over the Temple of Light.

The most important thing for the Grand Elder was to understand about the God of Light, he knew that the first thing Uzumaki Akira would do is study about the combat knowledge that he could learn from the Light Web, but as someone over 100 years old of age, in a world where ninjas only have an average age of 30, it shows his wariness of the unknown.

The Grand Elder was afraid that in order to get rid of the other villages' attack, they would need to give themselves up to something they might regret later, so his focus was on studying about the God of Light.

But to the Grand Elder's surprise, everything he was reading greatly eased his worry. Of course, he knew that this was deliberately selected by the God of Light to show mortals, but the lack of a price to pay for strength other than having to say short prayers lasting a few seconds caused him to be pleasantly surprised.

He thought that maybe there was some contract that forced them to say these prayers, but by test, the Great Elder spent a few hours without praying when the notification appeared asking him to recharge the prayers, and he realized that the ring did not take any action, just not allowing him to use the Light Web while erasing the golden screen after a few minutes.

But when he started to pray again, the golden screen appeared again as if nothing had happened, showing that the only thing he needed was to pray.

Not to mention that the knowledge of the Light Ring could actually be transmitted to others who didn't pray, causing no penalty.

But the Grand Elder noticed that the understanding of people who didn't see the golden screen was less than those who used the Light Web beside him.

'Perhaps this light screen has some understanding-enhancing effect?' The Grand Elder wondered puzzled.

But after a few days of testing and seeing that there was no harm done, the Grand Elder finally let his guard down a bit, leaving only a little caution behind, and started using the Light Ring with a lot of will.

Even though his caution had waned, the "application" that the Great Elder liked to use the most was the Temple of Light, where he learned so many interesting stories from other worlds, heard so much beautiful poetry that he never imagined possible, to the point where he that he realized that after a few days a routine had been created in his house.

After everyone had finished their dinner, after the dishes were washed, the whole family would gather in the lantern-lit courtyard of the house, sit around the Great Elder, and look at him with anticipation.

Surrounding him were his wife, his son with his wife, his daughter with her husband, his grandchildren with their wives and husbands, while his great-grandchildren sat excitedly.

Even a few family servants were standing around, ready to hear what the Grand Elder had to say next.

This caused the old Grand Elder's heart to warm up. Over the past 50 years, his family had grown apart a bit, as each of his children and grandchildren had already moved on with their lives, but after he started telling the poems and stories he read in the Temple of Light, the family from him began to gather every night to hear more.

Just like Momo and Mika who didn't have access to any interesting entertainment in this world full of wars, the Grand Elder's family was also very attracted to the stories he told, making the family night much more united and lively.

"Great-grandfather, quick, tell us about how the God of Light used music to deal with the evil monsters!" A 7-year-old boy with bright red hair said excitedly.

The night before, the Great Elder, his great-grandfather, had told a story where the God of Light went to save people who had been imprisoned by a great demon lord.

All along the way the God of Light met many companions and adversaries, but he always used the wisdom and kindness of light to deal with his enemies.

Until just before bedtime, the Great Elder read the part where the God of Light was about to use a magical lyre to deal with blood-drinking monsters called "Vampires".

But to everyone's frustration, after explaining this, the Grand Elder said that he was sleepy and went to sleep, making everyone angry that they wanted to hear more, but seeing that it was no use, everyone went to their faces and waited for today.

As an old man with good politics, it is clear that the Grand Elder had done this on purpose, as he felt very good to see that the family that had been so far apart had now grown so much closer together.

Even he, an old man who felt he could die at any moment, was now being treated with much more care and receiving much more attention than before because of these stories he told.

The old man's vanity was at an all-time high, while the youth's anticipation was nearly exploding.

"Alright, let's continue…" The great elder continued to read the story on the Light Web, while using the acting skills he developed as a ninja to play the roles of the characters in the story, while having fun with the rest of his family.

Apollo, who was watching this from the sky, smiled happily.

Of course, he didn't live any of these stories, in fact, the only thing he did was copy stories he saw in movies in his past life, or even using the stories of Apollo from Greek mythology from his past life and telling it like it was. him.

After all, how could mortals know the truth?

 

53