Chapter 2
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, the sunlight awakened Josie. She opened her eyes and realized it was later by how the radiance danced off in her bedroom. She looked to her side to see Ben, who was still sleeping peacefully. Josie glanced at the clock.

"SHIT!"

At that moment, Ben woke up, and in alarm to battle whatever he had dreamt of. After things settled, he asked.

"What?"

"I'm late for work!"

"You still do that?" Ben questioned, as he laid back down and put his arms behind his head.

"Yes, I do!"

"What does the infamous Vault think about that?"

"Who cares? They surely don't! I'll be back later! Make yourself at home!" Josie pronounced, as she hurried to get her clothes on and skedaddle.

Allie had already gone to work, a guy friend came by and took her. She figured her mother needed the catching up, so she didn't bother her. Allie had her drivers license, but her credit was not the best to get a car right now. All thanks to her ex husband for that. She was very grateful for her friend, Rob. Who complied to her favor of taking her to work.

Mid day at work, Allie received a text from her mother. She informed her to meet at the park in a few hours, asap. It was one closest to Allie's job, so she wouldn't have to walk far. Her mother went on to say. There was someone who she wanted to introduce.

"K. I take it u found him?" Allie texted her mother, hours after her mother sent it.

"Yes." Josie replied back.

"Now?"

"Yes."

"Be right there!" Allie typed back and hit 'send.' Next, she clocked out and made her way to the public garden.

Ben and Josie waited.

"She's on her way." Josie implied, as she read Allie's last message. Then, she placed her cell phone on stand by and put it in the pocket of her blue jeans.

"Why the hurry? It can wait." Ben suggested.

"No, she needs to know how I feel about you, and vice versa."

Ben nodded to imply he understood.

Even though Josie's daughter obtained how her mother felt for Ben. This meeting was mainly for Ben. She wanted to be there to support her mother, too.

"And...I need to tell you something, as well."

"What?"

All of the sudden, another male voice joined them.

"On oh how dirty someone the likes of her can be!" Butcher interrupted.

"What?!"

"Oh, she didn't tell you? She was the one that told Russia where to find you.The exact coordinates!"

Ben began to fill the angry rise through his body

"Ben! Listen to me! I need to explain, please!" Josie pleaded.

"I can't believe you would do such a thing! The one person I thought-" Ben remarked, as his body commenced to glow.

In a rapid attempt, Josie sputtered the following.

"I had to! It was either life or death and not mine!"

Ben stopped his motions and turned towards her.

"What do you mean?"

"Allie is."

"Is what?"

"Your daughter!"

"WHAT?! No, I don't think so."

In addition, Allie stands beside her mother, the identical traits of both parents clearly shown.

"That's not my daughter!"

"She is your daughter! She's almost 39 years old. Do the math, Ben!"

"She doesn't look like it. She looks like she's in her 20's."

"That's because of my iceness gene and along with your genes, which flows in her veins. Because of these traits, it doesn't make her age as fast."

Soldier Boy-Ben shakes his head, in doing so Josie continued.

They tested and injected me so many times. To make me be the next you."

"Why?"

"Why else? Replacement. Vault thought I had some kind superpower added since we had sex together."

Ben glared her way, and was still unsure.

"I didn't want to, Ben! You know me. While I was a prisoner at one of Vault's locations, which was in Russia. They removed my eggs as well as Allie's, too. I didn't find out about this with hers, until they had what they wanted from me, which was to know your location.They had kidnapped her and told me. If i simply tell them your whereabouts, I could see her again.That she would be free. If I don't, then prepare to have a casket ready. "

"Oh my god!" Allie verbalized, as it was her first time hearing about this.

" I didn't want to tell them!" Josie replied, in tears as she recalled that dreadful day. She proceeded with, "What would you have done? You have always talked about having kids. I know right now you're not in the forgiving mood, for what has happened to you. But please! I'm begging you! Reconsider the existence of my life! Think of your daughter. If you must enact on this revenge, please let me smoke with you one more time. Let us be alone, you pick when. Please!"

Ben observed Josie and ensuingly displayed displeasement. However, at the same time, he knew her. She kept his other secrets that had not been revealed. He could understand a tad of her reason. She was always the protective hen.

"Why didn't you come with them when they-?"

"They wouldn't let me. It was the whole part of the deal. I wanted to, though."

Soldier Boy-Ben glimpsed at his daughter, who had her mothers beautiful eyes, but had his stern expression.

"Does she know how to fight?"

"Why don't you see for yourself?"

In response, Ben snorted.

"Wait a minute! How did you not explode from him and how did he not freeze solid when you guys fuck?" Butcher inquired.

"Well.Um..."

"Well...As I can figure it... The chemical substance in Ben's body heated my ice skin to where I was a human being for a split second. And just like that, I got knocked up.Also, because of the mixture of DNA it helped me carry Allie to full term. After finding out I was pregnant with Allie, I fled from them. I did not trust them. In all, I end up having her in my old apartment, alone. During this, I made my preparations to be ready. I research to no end, as well." Josie informed them.

"You were always a nerd."

"I thought you said that you weren't bothered by it."

"I'm not."

"Good."

Straight away, Ben walked away.

" BEN! Soldier Boy!" The man kept walking away from her.

A sudden rage flowed through her and instantly an ice attack hit him. Unanticipated, Ben halted in his footsteps. Next, he peeked over at his shoulder and nodded as he viewed what was there. A piece of ice shaped like a knife was inflicted into his muscle. He reached over and yanked it out and threw it to the ground. His blood from the slit began to surface and ooze out. Ben's livid eyes were only focused on what was in front of him. Her.

In a hasty pace, Ben took off in a run and at Josie.

"Allie, take cover!" Josie instructed her daughter. With no disagreements, her daughter did as her mother advised.

Josie stood in a stance, ready for the impact coming.

Instantly, Josie went flying through the air into a brick wall, cracking the seal. She stood up and shook herself off. She swirls her hands around to form ice particles in the palm of her hands, and then shoots them at him. Ben held out his hand to catch the impact, then placed his hand on his chest. Once his gladical hand was back to normal.They gazed at one another, each one had a fierce temperament upon their faces.

Josie started again to aim hailstone daggers at him. In return, he merely blocked them.

"Come on! That's not the Iceness I knew. Or maybe you're losing your touch!" Ben taunted.

This comment made Josie infurious. How dare he! Posterior to, she would put her hands to the ground, forming it to become frozen. It was an endeavor to make him fall. Which didn't work, for as he watched her movements and saw her action take notion. He jumped high in the sky and landed on a white van.

"DAMNIT!" Josie-Iceness stated, aggravated.

At that instant, Ben jumped onto the ice, and crushed it within his feet. He sustained all of her powers.

Ben chuckled to himself and peered at her and made this reply.

"I know you, Josie-Icness. I was the one who trained you remember?"

"How can I forget!You won't let me."

"Good."

Josie fling an ice particle and hit his forehead, causing him to lose his balance and fall.

She went to him, and doing so he grabbed her and drugged her down. Ben punched Josie a couple of times, as she would throw in a few of her own at him.

At last, with one sneak attack from Ben. He picked up her body and threw her into the air that led her to crash into a nearby trash can. Ben took this opportunity to make a quick escape.

She sighed heavily and exasperated, watched the man she loved mosey further in the distance, followed by Butcher on his heels.

"Well that didn't go as expected." Josie mumbled.

"Mom, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm alright."

Few days passed, and something seemed off. A friend from Vault, who hardly pressed for contacts, sent Josie an email.

"DANGER BEN!"

That's all it said. This left Josie befuddled.

Josie went to the familiar park that had been visited repeatedly. No one was there. She went running towards the boy's headquarters. Josie needed answers. She had heard of the group called, 'The boys'. Thanks to Ben and the little amount of time with Butcher who spilled the beans about them.

Josie stormed inside and sighted each of the members, she concluded they must be getting ready for another mission.

"Ah!" Josie moaned in defeat.

"Who the hell are you?" Martin T. Milk requested, indignantly.

"I'm Josie." After the dumbfounded looks, she added. "Iceness."

"Josie?" Hugie repeated, dubious.

"Look! I don't have time for this! Where's Be-Solider Boy?"

"I don't know."

Josie left the building and came across Butcher. Her eyes asked the question and doing so, Butcher shook his head. Abruptly, she took off-something was not right; her gut was saying so.

Finally, Josie spotted him. She noted something was wrong, because he was hunching over in pain and covering his ears.As if he heard a deafening sound.

"BEN?"

"STAY BACK!" Ben yelled, which made Josie stop in her tracks.

In a split second, Josie heard some type of music playing. It sounded like an almost Russian dialectic.

"BEN?" Josie query again.

Ben couldn't hear her, for he's main focus was controlling what his body was about to release.

"Geett BBBaack!" Ben ordered.

"What?"

"GET BACK!" Ben thundered, but it was too late.

The gulf of flames and smoke hit Josie. In which, an icy spray was vehemence in it. The collision caused her to fall backwards.

When Josie came to, she saw people were around, their voices muted. After her vision centered, she realized who it was.

'Grace?'

Josie picked herself up, she was bruised and cut up pretty bad. What helped her was her own power. The vexation grew inside her and at that point, Josie headed in one direction.

Josie marched into a complex building, her daughter right behind. She had met her father and didn't listen to her mothers entreats to go home.

"You're just like your father!" Josie announced. Allie smiled at her mother. Josie sighed in defeat and both pursued on.

After going through a couple of doors, Josie found the person responsible for Ben's kidnapping. She gave Grace a distasteful expression and asked, "Why?"

"Because he's not fit to be around people. Until then, he must stay in prison here."

"You can't! You know what he'll do if he finds out!"

"We'll take care of it when it happens."

"Sure, like I believe that! Keep telling yourself that!"

With that spoken, Grace left the room. Josie and Allie were now alone with Ben's unconscious body that was hooked up to a round tomb of implements. It was true his body did have damage from her power assails, too. At least, this machine was healing him.

"Dad?" Allie said, as she placed her hand on her father's impoundment.

"Ben? I am sorry. I couldn't free you. I have always loved you! And I will always will! No matter what! I'll keep trying, my love." Josie expressed, as she kissed his imprisonment. Then, she closed her eyes as a teardrop fell on the glass confinement.

Josie and her daughter exited Ben- Soldier Boy's detainment. A sudden twitch occurred within his body. In a briskly maneuver, he opened his eyes. Suddenly, a wave of drowsiness evolved over him, which forced him to close them.

~The End~

0