Chapter 46: CallaMeMaybe
5.5k 23 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Afraid of upsetting this person, I gathered the courage to compose a message. In the process of editing and rewriting, I ultimately settled on a cordial and polite message rather than the curt one I had initially planned to send.

"Sorry for not replying, I've been busy these days.... Not bad."

I sighed and planned to put the phone down to think about what I could do to make up for this troubling situation, but just as I was about to go downstairs for an extra charge cup of coffee, my phone started ringing. I thought it was Peyton simply because I wasn't expecting anyone else, but when I lifted the phone off the bed and looked at the screen, I immediately froze at the name.

CallaMeMaybe is videocalling you.

I didn't answer, I threw the phone on my bed as if it were on fire and let the cheesy tone ring until it stopped. A simple technique, ignoring it until it got tired, and when a few seconds passed and nothing happened, I thought I had succeeded.

However, Murphy, who had been on vacation the previous day, made his presence known once again.

A message curved across my screen with an almost alarming tone that made it impossible to ignore. "Your subscriber is using video call privileges, pick up!"

I was going to ignore it again, but if whoever was behind the username CallaMeMaybe had paid for it, I was basically obligated to reply, since I didn't know the consequences of not doing so.

Tap the screen, quickly cover the front camera of my phone with a finger, and wait.

When the call connected, the other side of the screen also got the black color. Maybe it was using the same technique as me and covering its front camera. However, neither of us spoke, so there was a tense silence between us as we waited for each other's actions.

"Hello?" I asked hesitantly, working up the courage to take the first step, and also because of the nervousness caused by the silence.

The person on the other side let out a sigh of relief, and the black color of the screen quickly began to take on color and shape. I still couldn't see the person on the other side, but I could see the roof of a car. "Fox boy, I thought it wasn't you, don't scare me like that." Said the voice on the other side, distinctly female and silky.

"Uh, yeah, sorry," I said awkwardly, not knowing how to continue.

The camera on the other end of the call moved and I quickly found myself gasping for breath at the sight in front of me. Beautiful was the only word that came to mind. The woman who appeared on the screen was like something out of a fantasy; green hair, elongated ears, and green eyes so clear they looked like emeralds. Her features were utterly refined, so perfect that models in my previous world would have killed to have a single percentage of her perfection.

"Are you okay?" The woman on the other side asked, her perfect features marred by a frown. "Why are you covering your camera?"

"Uh, I, uh, I'm naked." I blurted out without thinking and felt the need to slap my forehead.

The woman's eyes widened slightly, her pale cheeks turning pink, and she raised a glass of what looked like wine to her mouth, looking away for a moment before setting it down somewhere and clearing her throat.

"Well, you can get dressed, I'll wait for you." She said, and I was surprised at how quickly she had recovered. "I'm not going to waste my video call privilege without at least seeing your beautiful face."

"Uh, okay." I left the phone pointed at the ceiling of my bedroom and quickly walked out of sight, stopping somewhere near my closet to put my hands over my face in disappointment at myself. "What are you doing, Alex?" I asked myself quietly.

I had to regain control. She was an elf, according to my research the ugliest race in the world, so I should have been calm, but I could not help but be in awe of such beauty. Being the ugliest race means that they are absolutely beautiful by my standards, I thought I could handle them because of the pictures I had seen on the internet, but this woman seemed to be even more beautiful than the ones I had seen on the internet and my nervousness towards beautiful women, which had been suppressed for the moment, quickly resurfaced in front of her.

I quickly psyched myself up to talk to this woman as best I could, "You're not ugly anymore Alex, you're beautiful. You're not ugly anymore Alex, you're beautiful." I kept repeating this to myself like a mantra until I regained control of myself.

With my confidence renewed, I picked up the bedside phone. "Ready."

The woman smiled charmingly at me, "That is my fox boy," I found it rather difficult not to blush at that stupid nickname, but persisted when she spoke again. "I was just booking our dinner for Friday." She turned the phone around, showing her laptop on her lap.

I felt myself sigh at the upcoming conversation. "Listen, about that..." I started, but quickly stopped talking when I saw the amount of money spent on reservations on the screen. "Five thousand dollars for dinner?!"

The camera turned back to show the woman with a cheeky grin on her face. "What, too cheap?"

“You…”

She let out a melodious laugh. "Alex, I'm kidding," she continued. "There's no better restaurant in the area, so it is what it is."

I stared at the woman's face, waiting for her to make a joke, but no, and I feel that maybe it wasn't the right move to reject her. There was still the question of who this woman was, but she didn't seem to be a mafia boss or anything like that, she was wearing a black business suit, what mafia boss wears a suit? I could name a few, but it was really just my greedy self that could see quite a few pros in this matter. Is it wrong for me to consider this woman as my future Sugarmommy?

81