Chapter 47: Solving things
2.7k 16 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But still, aside from the joke that she would be my sugar mommy, I was actually worried about this situation. If she had given me the money and won the prize, I would basically be legally obligated to accept this "dinner" with her, since it would no longer be considered a donation as such, but rather a purchase or something like that. Sure, there was always the option of paying her back, but I just didn't have $30,000. The Alex of this dimension must have spent it on something stupid and I couldn't pay it back even if I wanted to. I don't have anyone and I'm not old enough to ask for a loan. Basically, I'm trapped.

Also, I could tell from her words that she had already met the Alex from the past, who had even more problems, because I could tell that she knew my face, maybe even this house. Shit, this was more fucked up than I thought.

"Alex? What's wrong?" The woman's voice on the other side of the screen snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking about something." I replied as she hummed as if expecting me to continue, so I did. "Hey, remind me, what day is this date?"

"Hmm, Friday, is that okay with you?"

"Huh...just send me the address and I'll let you know if it's okay with me."

The woman nodded. "I understand. "After she typed a bit and I got a message, she spoke again. "I have to say goodbye now, I have a meeting with some executives," she sighed annoyed, "I'll text you later, okay?"

"I guess..."

"Excellent. Goodbye."

"Goodbye..."

After the video call ended, I let out a huge sigh of relief and plopped down on my back on the bed, trying to figure out my next move. First, I'm going to check out where the dinner is before deciding whether or not to go. If it's in a public place, it should be fine, if it looks suspicious, I'll cancel and make do. I'd rather be sued than kidnapped. Second... huh... going for coffee, yeah, sounds reasonable. Maybe I should even reverse the order.

(***)

I took a big gulp of my coffee, typed in the message with the address where the dinner would be, and set out to look it up on the Internet.

It was a building overlooking the city and honestly it looked really expensive. But apparently the place was not private because there were more tables and there was always live music on a piano in the middle of the tables and the building has security and stuff. The reviews were good, and the one star reviews were mostly from angry people who were not let in for x or y reason.

"Well, if it's a one-time thing...it shouldn't be bad." I reasoned.

After that date, there would be no more sweepstakes or pictures of me on the Internet, so maybe I could end this strange relationship Alex had formed earlier on a good note.

"Yeah, that's good."

I nodded to myself, and now that I had decided, I had to follow step number three. Delete all content on my page.

(***)

Due to personal reasons my posts will be removed! Thank you very much for your support!

"For having spent more than fifteen minutes thinking, it's a pitiful text." I couldn't help but say out loud.

I spent all those minutes debating what to tell my followers. At first, I planned to write a long apology text, giving various excuses for why I was deleting my page, but as I was about to finish, I kept thinking about how I would react to such a message if I were the follower of a page like mine, and after coming to the conclusion that I would realize that it was just excuses, laugh, and maybe even get annoyed, I preferred this short and curt approach, hoping that it would be well received.

Footconnoisseur: Noooooooooooo.

RandomAnon2: Well, it was good while it lasted.

Dakms: I wondered if the person got their date.

asdasd: Now what am I going to masturbate with at night?

Ignoring the last comment, it really wasn't bad received, no one asked for a refund, so at least I got something out of it.

Well, with all that settled to some extent, I decided it was time to go to sleep. It was late, tomorrow was Sunday, and it would be a good day to stay home and rest from everything that had happened these past few days. I think I deserve it after so much. Not transmigrating with memories or anything like that, so my mind was still working at its best today, now with a new problem on my hands.

Sighing, I didn't even put on my pajamas, instead I took off my shirt and pants, leaving me only in my boxer shorts, to finally slide like a worm under the covers to sleep.

I was more tired than I thought, and before I knew it, I closed my eyes.

(***)

Sunday, surprisingly, passed with almost nothing of note. Thanks to my mom, who apparently noticed that I seemed more tired than usual, she let me sleep late, which was somewhat restorative, and I ended up waking up at noon.

I think I could have slept on if it wasn't for Luna who woke me up, or at least her presence did, because when I felt a disturbance in the force that came as a muffled scream that was almost too loud, I opened one eye to see Luna looking at me with wild eyes, while her gaze pierced my figure that happened to be naked in her sight, since it was hot and I took off the sheets that covered me.

Maybe the sight was too much for her, because I thought I saw her reboot her brain and immediately dive headfirst to the ground in what I thought was a begging position for forgiveness. Basically a Luna-style dogeza.

For me it wasn't a big problem and I dismissed it, but I won't deny that I felt a little uncomfortable with their curious and almost thirsty looks. I was now more aware that things in this family were perhaps a little more twisted than I had thought. What happened with Nola made me suddenly more aware of my actions, and instead of joking around as I usually did, I simply dressed to stop putting on a show for Luna.

However, that incident made me realize that I would have to face Nola sooner or later and we would have to talk about what happened, however, I was thankful that this day was not today as I was working and I was not ready to make a decision yet. I had a lot to consider.

Overall, though, it was a fun day where I watched a movie with Luna and my mom and relaxed without seeing any messages on my phone. Which would probably cause me some problems, but I shrugged it off at the time and now that it was night, I was just a little anxious because tomorrow was Monday and I had to go back to school.

Sorry for the inactivity, tehe

60