2, part 1
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

The magic breaker

When I first came to this world, I did not know much about it. I knew that elves existed. I knew that there was an old race of humans at some point in the world's history. I also knew that this world was weirder than my own. Such as when I was playing with Jerille. He stumbled and fell in a well. The maid came rushing into this scene and used some sort of magic to lift him out of the well. It was strange at first watching it. But the maid did it with practice and ease.

That was five years ago. I'm 10 now. A 10-year-old in a magic world. The feudal system in this world is very basic. Of course, the politics are still confusing. The whole reason I'm even here is because my father wanted me out of those succession rights. Although this is a nice world. Once you get used to it. When he was taken out of the well those five years ago, I asked the maid

“What magic did you use?” She just responded with,

 “It’s levitation magic.”

From that day on I've been learning magic. It took a lot of effort to learn magic. I don't really know anything about magic. Well, I do know the basic principles. I'm apparently. Unable to even use it. That is because I have the blood of the old humans running through my veins. The old humans weren't very human at all. From what I learned of my magic lessons. This world had two different energy sources. The normal electricity. By that I mean the normal hard parts of the world. Such as the material plane. Like the one on Earth, there was nothing else. But in this world, there are two planes that people can interact with. While also the animals and plants can interact with them. But not all plants and animals, and not all people.

This second energy source covers like a blanket around the planet. For instance, there's the ozone layer in this world's atmosphere. It blocks out this world star called Soulk. Well, it blocks out the star’s radiation. This star also releases heavily intoxicated amounts of magic. This magical layer blocks that intoxicated magic.

But the old humans? What did they do? They couldn't interact with this magic field like everything else. Well, they could, but only their ears did, and they couldn't interact with that. They couldn't train it. Because it was in their most ancient, basic parts of their brain. So, they created tools and electrical equipment to interact with it, to break the magical seal that locked it from the physical plane and the magical plane. For example, a scorpion can use magic to enhance Its sight so it can smell better. A dog can use its magic to enhance its sense of smell, etc. etc.

1