2, part 2
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since I was 2 eighths old human, I wanted to try to do what they had done. Make tools that could break magic and bend it to its will. This seemed like an impossible feat. Since it took years of experiment of scientific study. And generations of electronic development to even get close to the feet they had done.

But that all changed today. For you see, there was a mineshaft they just opened. Peasants, that is. Well, technically it was a mining cooperative. Owned by a noble who wasn't a noble anymore, he was an ex noble. A very good merchant. He'd quit being a noble. And they had dug very deep with the hill. The hill in question Was near the main Dukes castle. Technically, it wasn't a castle it was a Manor. But we can get beyond that. They found something deep within the hill. Under the ground below sea level. It was a giant elevator. The doors were around 12 feet wide. 24 feet tall. They didn't use feet in this world. They used a measuring system very similar to the imperial system. But everything was half if the things were in the Imperial System. Such as six inches was one Koote. Two Koote weren't anything special, but in my mind, it was a single foot. So technically it was 24 Koote wide and 48 Koote tall.

In the elevator itself was a massive, armored frame. The frame itself looked to be in a humanoid shape. It has thick armored plating. And the strange ports that decorated its body seemed to emanate a magic glow. Some ports were specifically shaped to what seemed to mount pneumatic pistons. In its hand, it held a handle. The handle had a specific Emitter. The emitter itself was very similar to the ones dot in its body, but this one was shaped rectangular instead of octagonal. It seemed to be able to. Well, emit two different forms.

These forms made of solid condensed magic. One was what looked like a handheld Shotgun. But the shotgun itself was clear, except for the edges of its moving parts, which were a deep orange. Except it didn't have an internal magazine but an external Magazine. These gun cartridges seem to have the same density as Tungsten. But only people who were fully human or had some blood of old humans could use these weapons. If an elf uses them, the weapon will send electronic shock through the handle and, killing them instantly. this elevator seemed to be inoperable. But those Working had the blood of the old human through the events seem to be able to operate these. But none were a part of the company. So, they abandoned the mine.

But I, I was different.

“Come on, Jerille and Haffele.” I spoke. Call them over. Haffele was the name of the noble that I Been married off too. He was a rather short lad. With short brown hair and brown eyes. He didn't get most of his father’s traits. Most of his mother's. All of them, actually. He had no Ability for magic. Just like me. Although I really didn't feel anything towards him.

“We're coming,” said Haffele. He And Jerille, chased after me towards the mines. They were very confused by my unladylike demeanor.

I had never really focused on my marriage training. I didn't really like it. It didn't make much sense to me because I didn't. I knew how dudes, Think. How they trained us really wasn't how they think at all. In fact, it was so confusing I can't even remember any of the lessons after they teach Me the things. Haffele seemed frustrated by it. But Jerille. Really wasn't. He just saw me as a sister. Which was refreshing. Because I didn't know how to do romance at all.

When we entered the mines. We took a torch with us. That torch was an actual torch and not a flashlight like how the British people say it. Of course, I didn't want to bring a fire down in the mines. But I knew that there must have been artificial light down Where the elevator lead. So, I wasn't too bothered by it. After all, we just had to walk about 100 yards. Which really, Wasn't That long of a walk. When we got to the elevator door. It opened automatically for me. Haffele and Jerille soon followed me.

“Why are we going down here, Zilleff?” asked Jerille.

“Well,” I said, “there was stuff down here and I'm not lying.”

“Yes, but are you sure we're allowed to go down here?” Asked Haffele.

“Yes, I'm sure” I Countered. Not known if there was stuff down here or not.

The elevator continued to go down. After about two minutes it stopped. With a screeching halt, the two doors opened. On the other side of the door was what looked like a factory. What did they produce what you ask? they were assembly lines. On the assembly lines, it looked like they were half finished Combat frames, rifles, And those weird emitter weapons.

“I'm not sure what's supposed to be down here Zilleff,” said Jerille.

“You've already said that,” I Retorted, “but yes, we're not supposed to be down here.” They also looked to be ammunition down here. Or, more precisely, there was ammunition assembly lines. There also seemed to be skeletons all over the place. These skeletons were very tall, around 7 feet tall. They also seem to have hardened bone like cartilage. That was relatively strange, but not too strange scene as the old humans, instead of having cartilage, had a strange cartilage like bones. polymorphic bones basically. Although these are different from polymorphic bones.

“Why am I the oldest of us three, and yet I still listen to you?” Said Jerille.

“Because you conform to basically anything anyone says,” I said.

“That is true,” said Haffele. Jerille just grumbled. He didn't like, to come to terms with the fact that he was kind of a pushover whenever it came to these kinds of things. That being said, he was still very brave. he would defend anyone. We wandered what looked like the factory. I picked up a couple of the items on the assembly line. They looked like normal bolts for rifles. other pieces of equipment looked awfully 20th century. Not very 21st century as I thought the old humans Civilization spanned to. But other than that, some things look awfully futuristic, like the armor frames. Those are very, very futuristic. Most of the pieces of the roll cage Looked 3D printed. other pieces looked to be cast.

I didn't really understand the thought process of many of these assembly lines. But one thing was clear. Is that the two others did not understand any of it like they thought the rifles were some sort of unfinished crossbow. Even the finished rifles they thought was some sort of finished or unfinished crossbow. Crossbows were incredibly expensive in This world. They were often kept by higher nobility.

“Zilleff, How do you know about this place?” Ask Jerille, “you couldn't really Find this place by yourself, could you?” He continued. “In fact, you know what most of this stuff is, don't you?” They seem to have caught on by the look I gave everything. Everything either looked incredibly 20th century or 22nd century.

I could tell they didn't think I was right in the head right now. They probably thought that I had gone insane of some way. I don't know why they thought I had gone insane in some way. Well, that's not really true. I did lead them into an underground mine. In that mind, may or may not have ancient artifacts buried deep, deep within it. Yeah, I could see where they were coming from. But all I had an excuse. I had a very perfectly planned out plan that I, Who am I kidding? I didn't have a plan.

My one excuse was that this came from a dream. Very, very religious dream. God came down to me and told me it was cave down here full of epic loot. Go look at it.

“Look Haffele, Jerille, I saw this all in a dream,” I explained, “God came to me in this dream and told me there were great riches down that could be used to better the country.” They didn't look quite convinced. They seemed very, very skeptical. That was to be expected.

“It's the truth,” I said to them obviously lying. I wasn't very good at lying. It's obvious that I wasn't telling the truth. but they just grumbled. And said.

“Look, you may not be telling the truth right now, but we'll figure it out later,” Jerille said. Since he still hit hung out with us even though he was also 16 years old, I didn't really understand why he just straight up didn't ask me why I was lying? It didn't really matter right now. But right now we had to find out where the generator room was.

1