2, part 3
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“OK,” I said. “But right now we have to find out where all the power for this equipment comes from. I think it comes from the generator room, but I don't know where that generator room is, as I cannot read the writing on these walls.”

“OK, first off, what's a generator room and how can you not read this language? at all, we’ve been learning it from or tutors,” Said Haffele. Jerille nodding his head in acknowledgement. They both could read the script, yet I could not. I don't know how I could read any other language other than the one we spoke in and used all the time. Probably because I was unable to past life, and I was a Native English speaker, it's very difficult for them to learn other languages. At least, that's what I heard.

With Haffele’s and Jerille’s help we found the generator room. The door itself was locked. Although the lock was quite weak. I'm Assuming the reason the lock was quite weak was because in an emergency they needed to turn back on the generator, which technically. It would be an emergency I guess. Although I didn't know Which switch Was the one that turned on the generator. Instead, I did trial and error. Which was probably the worst idea I think I ever had, but fortunately I was not harmed by any electrical circuits or anything like that. Eventually I chose the right switch and the generator turned back on.

Then there was an emergency light blaring. I didn't quite understand why though. We had come in. Well, actually, no. I did kind of understand why. The reason is because we're probably seen as intruders. Then the emergency siren started speaking. Emergency, emergency, emergency awaken security destroy intruders.

“I don't think this was supposed to happen, Zilleff,” said Haffele.

“Yes, I know that Haffele, it's just that we need this stuff in here. If we're going to be able to even use any magic,” I said.

“We still should probably get out of here, Zilleff,” said Jerille.

“Yeah, I know,” I said. Since I had the blood of the old humans in me, I thought it wouldn't trigger the intruder warning. But I guess it did trigger the intruder warning. Then we ran for the exit. By that I mean the elevator door. I saw something strange out of the corner of my eye. the thing that was Strange was a tall, lumbering man. And by lumbering man I mean, he sidestepped everything, and he swayed. He looks like he was drunk. Or maybe he had just woken up. He then toppled over. Well, he had probably been asleep for an incredibly long time. It seemed like he'd been in cry sleep. We quickly ran to the elevator door, but it wouldn't open. The man quickly got back up and ran to us. He was screaming and yelling. The words he said I couldn't understand, but the other two seemed to understand it.

“occt hume sumple!,” he said.

“Again, how do I not understand what he's saying?” I spoke.

“You really do not pay attention to our foreign languages classes, do you?” said Haffele. While we're discussing amongst ourselves, the man pointed his rifle at us. He seemed to have a panicked look on his face. That face didn't have a very human nose. It was a lot more pointed than an actual human nose. He also had strange little. How do I describe it? He had little points dotting the outside of his ear. Like someone had pinched the cartilage and made it into a point.

“OK, then,” I said, “What is he saying?”

“He's saying stop right there,” said Jerille.

“Well, that makes sense,” I said. while were we having this back and forth, the man seemed to click. Well, his brain probably clicked, and he started speaking perfect Lalaeo.

“May I ask you young children? What year is it?”, He said.

The year is currently 557 av.,” Jerille said. The calendar in this world was based off of the year that the old human civilization had collapsed. So using this logic The old human in front of us just stood up with a strained look on his face.

“What is the calendar based on?” he said.

“The calendar is based off of the fall of old human society,”. Jerille responded.

“Oh,” he said, “well then why don't we make formal introductions, My name is Sanilliffus, What be your children names?” We gave our names. After that, Sanilliffus stood up. Well, young children seems the country I've served and the company that I worked for Are no longer around. May I see the outside world?

We were rightfully confused. We did not think he needed permission to go see the outside world. At least that is what I and Haffele thought. Jerille just nodded and said follow us. No young children, he said. I must go to enough emergency siren. If it doesn't turn off, it'll keep the door shut and it'll be annoying to get them open again. So instead, we followed him.

“What was the world like before the old human society fell apart?” I asked.

“Well said,” Sanilliffus said, “We Vuemun as we called ourselves, Ruled the entire world north to South Pole. After a while we had gotten sick and tired of the native fauna of our planet. The reason being is that there are too many large insects. We Vuemun hate large insects. so we as a people studied science and Try to figure out why the insects were so large. After all, they did not have lungs, so they could not circulate air from their system in the normal way we, Not arthropods do. so we figured out the fact That all insects require a lot of oxygen to be that big end. So since there are so many trees and plants and stuff. They're producing oxygen. Well, we kind of cut down like 90% of all the rain forests.”

“But,” I Interjected, You too relied on lots of oxygen since you're so tall and you require that much oxygen for your lungs to be able to circulate that much. Energy around yourself. So, you eventually all went extinct, I'm assuming?”

“That is not entirely correct,” he responded, “The new land that we had uncovered What is ripe for the picking, so many wars have started over that. We figured out that we could not keep going to war over land that barely had any value other than the fact that we could put farms there, and many of our farms nowadays were just holes in the ground of layered and layered dirt, with mirrors spreading all over the place. So, it would refract and turn in all of the different places and the plants could get all of the different amounts of sunlight, they needed. But you are half right. we eventually started accidentally selectively breeding ourselves to use the magic of this world. After all, we could not naturally use magic, so we had to break into the Magickosphere. The new people that could use magic were called elves. These elves are incredibly xenophobic for no good reason. Well, the only technically the only reason they were xenophobic was because they could use magic and we could not. That is the end of my story. You can probably tell what happened after that. We all died even Jerry my best friend.”

“I came here looking for a magic item,” I said interrupting his monologue, “I'm not able to use magic, so I thought if I use them that your items that are able to break in the Magickosphere then I'd be able to use magic.”

“Oh,” he said, “You mean a magic breaker? I can get you one of those. Here, take mine.”

“Thank you very much,” I thanked him.

“There are two features to the Magic breaker,” he explained, “You see, it's a handle with a lever action ability. When you flip the lever, it switches to the mode. For instance, mode one is a massive sword. Mode two is a 20-millimeter semi-automatic rifle.”

“Thank you very much,” I thanked him again.

“I'll show you how to use it later,” he said. And that is how I got the magic breaker. It was a very simple tool. But when you kind of need it in this world. The Vuemun never viewed magic as magic. Well, the Vuemun did. That is why they called Magic Break, who's magic Breakers, as an homage. They always viewed it as a science. And so did I.

1