Chapter 1: last dryad?
151 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

As Dave awoke, he found himself in a dimly lit space, disoriented and uncertain of his surroundings. Panic gripped him as he struggled to comprehend his situation. "Where the hell am I?" he exclaimed, his voice echoing into the darkness.

To his surprise, a deep, ancient voice resonated in response, calming and authoritative. "Calm yourself, child. You have passed from the realm of the living, but fate has granted you a rare opportunity."

Dave's eyes widened in disbelief. "What do you mean I'm dead? And what's this about being an ancient dryad?"

The voice spoke again, its tone solemn yet filled with wisdom. "Your soul once belonged to an ancient and powerful dryad, who sought to preserve its essence by transferring it to a mortal vessel. You are that vessel, chosen for a purpose greater than yourself."

Dave's mind raced with questions and skepticism. "So, what now? Am I supposed to become some kind of hero in another world, slaying demons and saving kingdoms?"

The ancient voice chuckled softly. "In a sense, yes. You are to be reborn into another world as a guardian of the wilderness, tasked with protecting the remnants of nature from the encroachment of civilization. If you accept this responsibility, you shall be granted three wishes to aid you in your mission."

Dave's skepticism waned as the gravity of the situation sank in. "And if I refuse?"

"Then you shall be returned to the cycle of reincarnation, to begin anew."

Dave pondered for a moment before nodding resolutely. "I accept. My wishes are for wisdom, mastery of all magical arts, and... a system to guide me on this journey."

The voice hummed with approval, and Dave felt a surge of energy enveloping him. "It is done. You shall be reborn into the world as a young sapling, charged with the sacred duty of protecting nature."

Before he could ask any more questions, Dave felt himself fading away, his form dissipating into the ether. As he vanished, he managed one final query. "Wait! What should I call you?"

The voice responded with a sense of pride and reverence. "I was known as Gaia, the mother of nature."

With those parting words echoing in his mind, Dave was transported into the fantasy world, his new life as a dryad beginning with a sense of purpose and determination. And as he disappeared from the void, Gaia's desperate plea echoed after him. "Please, don't fail. You are my last hope, my final creation. Do not squander this chance."

0