Chapter 3 – Edo Period
568 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Before I begin the chapter I want to point something out, this is a Bleach fanfiction, not a multiverse fanfiction. While I do agree some powers are extremely similar to each other I will not use them as an obtainable power up for my Mc, if anything they will at most serve for a basis for techniques and such. For example, Observation haki is basically learning to sense things without your eyes, Bleach has similar techniques such as Reikaku. Mc can at most learn a Reikaku technique similar to Haki, which most likely will not happen, I just wanted to address that to clear up any misunderstandings.

So, my plan worked. 

I do have a Fullbring, except there is one small problem. Potential.

While I did manage to acquire power, it seems my potential is pitifully low. 

Unlike Ichigo, the main protagonist, who is able to see Pluses and Hollows perfectly clearly. I can at most see a very blurry outline image of hollows, while seeing a blurry version of Pluses. 

My Fullbringer ability is Essence Manipulation. This ability allows me to manipulate any biological object from its physical body to its spiritual body, aka this allows me to manipulate the body and soul. 

Because my Fullbring has just awakened, I do not know the extent of it's potential.

Contradicting, isn't it? 

I say my potential is low, yet my Fullbring's potential is unknown. 

Well, the answer to this lies in my origin. 

Both of my parents are normal humans who, according to my guesses, were saved from a hollow by a shinigami and obviously got their minds wiped of the event.

Because of this normal origin, I have no potential aside from being lucky enough to possess a Fullbring

Now on to my Fullbring potential, I call it unknown because my abilities are actually decent. If I had to describe them it's like drinking a potion to increase my base stats. 

My Fullbring allows me to manipulate my body, so I am constantly using it to make my body stronger as much as I can, but here lies my problem. My human body is too weak to cause a drastic increase in strength. 

In order to solve this issue, I have a few ideas to try but that would have to wait until I first master my Fullbring

As I am still thinking of my situation, I am smacked in the back of the head, "Ouch." 

"Hey brat, who told you to stop your chores, get back to work." yelled my old man. 

"Yes, sir!" I answered back. 

You might be wondering what I am doing, it seems that the God was not joking about the timeline. 

I have been born in the Edo Period of Japan. If you don't know much of history, as I did, then you might be surprised to know that the Edo Period lasted from the 1600s to the late 1800s. 

Yes, I was born 200 years before the start of the story. 

When I first found out I was very confused and had mixed feelings about the situation. 

It's good to have a lot of time to plan ahead, but it also sucks that I have to wait 200 years before I can even see most of the important characters. 

That's not the worst part, the worst part is my family.

I was born into a commoner family, with a drunkard father and a prostitute mother. With both not caring about me and working me like a slave. 

Sadly, I am only 8 years old right now and need more time to fully grow. 

(3 hours later)

"Finally, I am done!" I grunt as I sit on the floor tiredly. 

"If only I was born at a later point, dammit, I had so many plans for using my bits and pieces of knowledge from modern knowledge to be seen as a genius and get lots of money, now it's all down the drain for now because I'm so far back in time that it's all pointless." I huffed. 

"There is not even a single thing to do right now aside from training my Fullbring, I can't even contact any characters as they have not been born yet or are still in Soul Society." 

“Fuck it, I am done with chores I am going out to the streets.”

“If there is one interesting thing here is that everyone wear those Kimono thingys, too bad I am no expert on Japanese history, not that I even tried in my history classes much less for a country I wasn’t even born in,” I say in an arrogant tone, “sadly I should’ve said something to my past self because now I seem like an idiot here.” I added with self-reproach.

As I am walking through the streets I finally see all the people, from commoners, to merchants, to even the rare passing Samurai. How do I know they are Samurai you ask? Well simply because they have katanas with them, and also because they apparently wear something called kamishimo, not that I could tell the difference.

As I am approaching a stall, I overhear some people talking.  

“Did you hear, another merchant caravan was discovered with lots of dead bodies, many of them were mangled, everyone thinks it’s a Yokai or a wild animal, some merchants are even hiring Samurai to protect themselves from danger.” A man says worriedly.

“There was even a case of the widow house near the edge of the city being found dead where all the family was mangled in a similar manner a few weeks ago.”

“What are you even worried about idiot, if it’s an animal we can scare it off easily, though if it’s a yokai we better visit a temple and see if we can get help from the temple.” States a tough mercenary looking man.

One thing to note here is the Japanese culture and beliefs. While most humans don’t know the existence of hollows, they believe Yokais are a thing and actively stay away from such things. I do not know if this belief was spread by humans here with high spiritual powers or they were simply made up just like in my previous world.

“This sounds like a hollow, well whatever the case, I am too weak to even see one much less fight one, I hope it attacks someone else and not me.” I mutter to myself.

“Oh shit, I didn’t set a flag, did I?!”

26