Chapter 10 – Glimpse of Success and Techniques
1.2k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late upload, I had more homework than I’d expect. Enjoy the chapter!


 

Just as I thought it’d connect, he dodged, and I ended up eating the ground.

“Come on brat, you honestly can’t expect that to hit can you?” he mocks.

“Shut up old man, can’t a kid dream!” I retorted, hiding my embarrassment as I honestly kind of expected it to hit.

Unfortunately, I missed and since I was on the ground, he took the chance to kick me again, but this time I flew into the sky, or not.

This time I expected a hit, so I guarded my stomach and chest with my arms, so when he kicked, he hit my arms, granted it hurt like hell but I managed to block.

I was a little bit smug about it, until he kicked me again into the ground. Knocking me out.


 

After waking up and finding myself riddled with bruises I finally take in my surroundings.

Exactly the same as before I got knocked out.

That devil!

He really left an unconscious child in the open field, with no cover or anything whatsoever, what if I died of Hypothermia or something!

After cursing all his 18 generations, I got up with some difficulty and went back to my room to rest.

I didn’t see the old man anywhere, so he must’ve left while I was unconscious.

Just as I was wondering where he went, I heard footsteps coming towards me and I turned around.

“I see you woke up already, good, here!” he spoke as he threw a bottle at me, which turned out to be ointment for bruises.

“Thanks.” I muttered.

“No need to thank me, remember to head to the kitchen after applying the ointment, you’ve been unconscious all day and are probably hungry, I’ll cook something up for us” he said.

Nodding in acknowledgement I proceed to apply the ointment on my injuries and check my body to make sure I applied it on all my wounds.

Afterword, I head to the kitchen and I see my bastardly master overcooking a piece of what I assume to be pork and also a plate of fruits in the table.

Seeing the situation I had two thoughts in my head that took dominance of me.

First, what a weird food combination.

Second, holy shit he’s burning the food this old man clearly can’t cook.

Sprinting forward, I yank the piece of pork out of his hands and smack him on the head.

“Are you dumb! The food is burning” I reprimand him.

“Who’s burning food, I am just making sure it’s well cooked, we wouldn’t want to consume raw food we might get sick!” he retorts full of righteousness as if I was in the wrong.

“OMG, this old man can’t cook, go sit at the table.” Again, I realize this old man can’t cook.

Luckily, I didn’t end up in one of those anime cliches where a character somehow manages to cook up some bio-weapon-like food like Shion from I Reincarnated as a Slime or Mizuki Himeji from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. Despite how funny and cute they might be in the series, I am sure I wouldn’t want to experience a situation like that in real life, or in my case, reality since I am in an anime world? Pedantics.

“*sigh* give me that old man, I’ll cook I can at least do that much.”

“Tch” he then proceeds to sit down.

It was at that moment that a new training was put onto my list of ever-expanding training, which just further served to stress me out for the coming weeks.

(Flashback ends - Present)

(Note – I skipped over him learning about the Quincy techniques and such because if I did while it’d make sense for the plot, I feel like it’ll just be filler since you guys already read/watched bleach so you’d know it already, though I will probably need to put in details like that sooner or later for specific parts of the plot.)

After relentless training I am finally able to get Bringer of Light to function with a 60% accuracy.

By that I don’t mean I can’t activate it, I learned how to manipulate the souls in objects a few months ago, the reason is that Bringer of Light is the Fullbringer’s equivalent to Hollow’s Sonido or Shinigami’s Shunpo, and since I am barely getting training, I of course have not completely mastered this movement technique. As a result, sometimes I put too much strength and end up blasting towards a wall or put too little and end up tripping over myself.

Aside from that I am also working to make my own techniques since not much is known about Fullbringer techniques as most of them rely on their unique abilities instead of a uniform fighting style.

One of the techniques I made was what I like my Soul Resonance Fist Techniques, though as of now they are in a developmental stage and aren’t applicable in real combat, but hopefully soon I will be able to make use of them.

Anyways here’s how it works. Since Fullbringers are essentially soul manipulators, and have been proven to be able to interact with and utilize objects by moving their souls, then what is stopping me from punching a soul? The answer? Experience.

With enough technique and experience, I would be able to utilize my fullbring abilities to literally punch someone’s soul and do way more damage than I would do normally. While I can do this to rocks and other objects as they’re standing still, I cannot attack someone like that because it utilizes too much effort for my current self, so as of recently I am using my fist techniques to train both my fighting style and my control over souls, killing two bird with one stone.

Aside from that, I have one more technique I like to save as my trump card because it is also too hard, and also simply because it is a trump card.

I still remember when I used it to fight the old man, hehe he was so shocked.

20