1: New Life
737 10 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello, this is a reboot of my first book Evolution of the Twin Xenomorphs. It will follow the main 'plot' of the story but with a little more depth and a little less rushed. There will be minor and major changes to the story, the first of which is the two no longer have a System, but instead, a certain ability that'll give them multidimensional traveling capabilities.

Most of the content will be a direct copy of the original book's chapters with a few tweaks here and there.

To those who are new, I hope you enjoy this story. To the readers who have read my first book, I also hope you enjoy this story, and hopefully, this one doesn't disappoint. I'm still sad about how the first book ended and developed because of my incompetents as an author, but I hope to fix that with this story which will be a lot more developed and consistent.

P.S. I would also like to apologize to previous readers who liked the LitRPG aspect of the story.

Anyway, thank you all for reading, and enjoy the story/chapter.

Ba-thump.

Ba-thump.

『What the hell is that noise...?』 I mumbled to myself in a half-conscious state, tossing and turning around trying to gain comfort in what felt like a squishy and wet blanket.

My body curled into itself instinctively, the discomfort increasing from the unfamiliarity of my own body.

『Whose body is this? It can't be mine?』

Ba-thump.

Ba-thump.

There came that loud obnoxious sound again - grating to the ears, pounding on my ear canals, and irritating me further.

『Just what is that annoying noise and where is it coming from?』 I asked nobody in particular.

Was it the neighbors?

Just what is it they need to do so urgently that it requires them to do it in the middle of the night?!

『Ugh...』

A wave of information - memories - seeped into my half-conscious mind sobering it up.

I'm dead.

We are dead.

I, and my twin sister, died last night so how was it that we were still alive?

『Are we still alive? Or is this the afterlife?』

Twisting my body I realized this strange blanket wasn't the only uncomfortable thing surrounding me, wrapping me suffocatingly. Filling this space inside this strange membrane-like sac was a very water-like glue, warm and fluid.

Entwined with my body in this claustrophobic space was a worm - my sister - who was currently deep in slumber, unbothered by my violent actions - wriggling and writhing.

Thud.

My head banged hard on something hard disorientating me a little when I suddenly realized something in this peculiar situation. I had no eyes.

『Where did my eyes go? Where... are my arms?』

Not only were my eyes missing, but my limbs too were gone.

All but a new appendage that came in the form of a tail tipped with a sharp scalpel-like blade, which I'm positive I have never had in my entire life... past life.

Ba-thump, ba-thump, ba-thump!

That irksome pounding grew louder and faster and my already muddled mind grew light-headed with each thump. Strangely, I thought of a heartbeat, specifically a human heart, but how was that possible? It was more likely that we were eaten by some monster.

The more I thought about it, the more questions surfaced in my mind when suddenly, I felt movement beside me.

Who else was it other than my sister?

『???』

『???』

A sense, like echolocation, was awakened and suddenly, I could see what was before me. No doubt, what was before me also awakened this sense as we both let out a terrified screech!

In front of me was an eyeless worm that had bulges of skin where the eyes should be. Filling its maw were needle-like teeth, sharp and ominous.

『Brother...?』 A feminine voice softly enquired. Her voice reached beyond sound and directly entered my mind, crisp and clear, to which I responded with a shallow nod.

『What happened to us? Why are we like this? Where are we? Didn't we die?』 My poor sister asked question after question like a full-auto assault rifle, gunning down my defenseless brain that was already muddleheaded from the situation, making my headache a lot worse than it already was.

I, unfortunately, had no definite answers to these questions.

When I was to suggest what we do, I felt a painful suffocation in my chest and throat. My sister, too, felt the same suffocation as we mysteriously had a tight bond beyond blood - I could feel her emotions and her pain, and she the same with me - thus we decided to break free from our imprisonment, escaping this suffocation and restlessness in our hearts.

Thud!

Crack!

Puchi!

Our tiny bald heads rammed into the solid wall ruthlessly.

Fortunately, our efforts weren't in vain as the wall grew weaker with every thrust and stretched like rubber until eventually, it broke apart.

Two heads emerged from within the wet and sticky prison, bursting free and screeching a triumphant roar as we sucked in the fresh air greedily, greeting this new world of ours.

That thumping sound that once resonated inside my head like a hammer banging a nail into my brain died down and slowed to a halt, no longer beating as vigorously as it once was.

The thing this beating heart belonged to, was indeed a human, but now a corpse.

Beside his head lay a weirdly shaped creature that looked somewhat like a scorpion. If one pressed their wrists together, it would closely resemble this creature that had two sac-like bags below the base of its body and a long tail four times its body length. A creature whose name was on the tip of my tongue, but due to the state of my mind, I couldn't quite remember.

『Huh, isn't that a face-hugger!』

『From the, uh, Aliens movie?』

『Yeah, yeah!』

『If that's true, then we should be-』

There was no time to finish my words since a metal claw that entered my 'vision' so rudely interrupted me.

Two claws clamped firmly around my neck and tail restricting our movements, remaining unmoving despite my thrashing side to side in an attempt to escape.

『Brother!!!』 My sister's cry for help translated into a hiss that entered my ears as she tried to look in my direction but to no avail. The claw firmly locked her in place.

『Sister, are you okay?!』

There was a slight pause before her answer. 『Er, yeah. What should we do?』

『Stay calm for now until I think about our situation properly, then we can plan for our next step ahead.』

『Okay...』

On the other side of a floor-to-ceiling tempered window were several scientists click-clacking away at their computers and instruments, noting down things on their clipboards, and speaking to their colleagues leisurely.

"Wow! I didn't expect to buy one and get one free. Was it due to the X-Prototype that contained a mixture of synthetic blood? No matter. Commence specimen retrieval."

A tall, sturdy, and well-built man wearing framed glasses and a clean suit commented before a scientist waiting on the side nodded briefly and entered the room where the two aliens that were recently born were captured.

The scientist retrieved the cylindrical tube that contained the two specimens, placed it on a cart, then transported them down a few corridors connected to this room. Eventually, he stopped outside an empty room - though large as it was, there were no openings - only another floor-to-ceiling tempered glass window opposite the door the scientist entered through.

Behind this glass window was a large red button locked behind the safety glass that required a key to unlock.

The scientist who carried the two specimens placed the cylinder on the ground and pressed a button. Anesthetic gas filled the tube, putting the two specimens into a sleep state before he was comfortable enough to open the cylindrical tube and release the two aliens.

By the time they, the specimens, would wake up, this scientist would have long since exited the room with the tubes and cart, locking the door behind him sealed shut.

An unknown time later, I woke up with a start, almost instinctively wanting to scurry toward a crevice and burrow myself into the deep shadows. But for one, I had a conscious mind and ignored this instinctive behavior, and two, there weren't any crevices, nooks, or crannies to burrow into.

My sister woke up not long after I did and a dozen seconds later a small tightly shut vent in the ceiling opened up and down came a chunk of meat from an unknown animal.

I and my sister were aroused by the smell of the meat and decided to think about things later. Right now, it's best to fill our stomachs and eat with relish.

Moments later the meat, tendons, and bones were devoured entirely. Our bodies grew rapidly, but only to the limit of the Law of Conservation of Mass which states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy, the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as the system's mass cannot change, so the quantity can neither be added nor be removed.

Shed from our bodies was a viscous film of dead skin. Our worm-like bodies grew four additional limbs; the arms and legs, and our size grew to that of a house cat.

『Now I remember what you were talking about earlier. We're Aliens now, right? From those movies that we used to watch together.』

『Yes, we're indeed Aliens now, specifically the ones in that movie. Based on the situation and the limited knowledge I have of this place thus far, It's unlikely for us to escape any time soon. This facility should be one under Weyland-Yutani.』

『That company that made the android David and Bishop, right? How'd you find that out?』

『The logo was printed on the scientist's coat and was also dangling on his ID card around his neck. Didn't you see it?』

『Oh, I was too busy playing with my new tail...』

『...』

I silently mused to myself in wonder of this sister of mine and how her brain worked. Even now, in this particular situation, she had time to play around. I also began to deduce multiple things and speak my mind, my sister not forgetting to add her own thoughts occasionally as she watched this big brother of hers pacing back and forth.

『That brings us to my last worry. We don't know the exact date and time, the place or planet, or whether we are on one, to begin with, so I can't confirm if we are inside a game, comic, or movie. We might not even be in any of these and are just in the general universe or multiverse even.』

『Then, what should we do?』

『We can only eat and grow up until we have sufficient strength. Knowing Weyland-Yutani, they most certainly want to weaponize us in however way they can... we can cooperate with them, and that'll alleviate some of our problems, and may even put us in priority among their other experiments. This will undoubtedly give us more breathing space. So, I suggest we adapt to our bodies and what we're capable of, then show what we're capable of while maintaining an appropriate level of animalistic behavior and intelligence.』

『Uhm, I think I got it?』

『Sigh, just play around and do what you want. That'll be enough.』

『Oh...』

The two began to train their skills by climbing onto walls, and ceilings, trying to blend into the dim shadows, and everything else they could think of.

At a specific time on the dot, the ceiling vent would open up to reveal a narrow shute. From this shute came their meals that arrived just moments after they shed their skin.

They ate everything that was provided without complaint, rapidly growing from a toddler to an adolescent in mere hours, shedding their old skin with every growing stage - a unique trait of xenomorphs that I had always been impressed by.

Less than 10 hours passed by and by now we stood at a height of 7.5 and 9ft respectively.

I, of course, was the taller one, which was very odd since xenomorphs are androgynous creatures so there shouldn't be any drastic changes in their physiology. What was even more confusing was that my sister was a lot slimmer than the average xenomorph with finer and smoother details, even feminine qualities like a slim waist and wide hips.

Apart from these unique qualities, there were two more that I couldn't understand.

My skin was a pale white and my head which should have been smooth and oblong-shaped like other xenomorph drones, had a crown unique to Praetorians and Queens, but I was certain that I was neither.

Contrary to my and my sisters' appearance, we were still technically teenagers and had yet to reach adulthood, which would be the limit of our growth until a Queen was born.

Was it due to my particular bloodline?

Perhaps.

All would be clarified in time.

『There's another matter that I only just realized...』

『Hm? What is it, brother?』

『Most of my memories are lost and the remaining are blurred. What about you? Can you remember anything? Your name?』

『...』

『Yeah... I also don't remember mine.』

『Also, our emotional states are a lot more stable than what should be normal by human standards.』

『There's an explanation for that. Xenomorphs are natural-born killers, fearless assassins, and bloodthirsty creatures. It's a given that we can stay calm and indifferent to a situation that would normally freak someone out. Someone like a human.』

Suddenly, crisp footsteps echoed down the cold corridor outside our containment cells approaching our location. Eventually, two figures walked into the room and stood behind the glass window to observe us - the leading figure was a very important person I wasn't expecting to see here, and one we were both familiar with.

『Weyland...』

19