6. Qi condensation and Embarrassment?*
4.6k 21 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Cultivation encompasses four major paths: the body, the soul, the will (intent), and qi. However, excluding the will, the other three paths follow a similar structure, consisting of three significant steps:

  1. Mortal Step
  2. Immortal Step
  3. True Dao Step

The first major step of cultivation is the Mortal Realm, where you form a body capable of cultivating to reach the Immortal Realm.

In the second major step, the Immortal Realm, you must form a dao tree and nurture Dao fruits. Finally, you fuse the Dao fruits with the dao tree completely.

All paths of cultivation converge at the third major step, the Dao Realm. The Dao Realm isn't a single stage but rather a myriad of cultivation stages. To enter the first Dao stage, you must merge your soul, body, will, qi, dao tree, memories, and everything accumulated throughout your life to form your true Dao." Grandfather turned to me after explaining this.

"Spiritual roots are interconnected with the soul, body, and dantian. Thus, the fusion of adverse spiritual roots will harm all three. Do you understand, Yu'er?" Grandfather inquired as I sat in the Lotus position, listening attentively.

"Yes," I affirmed.

"This is why you must cultivate all three of these paths simultaneously and partially merge them at the Nascent Soul Realm, completing the fusion at the Unity Realm," Grandfather explained with a serious expression.

"Grandfather, isn't the true merging of body, soul, and qi supposed to occur in the Dao Realm?" I queried, my confusion evident.

'Although I already know the answer...'

"An excellent question, Yu'er. The answer is that the Dao Realm isn't a true fusion of distinct paths. Instead, it involves transforming your very existence into a unique Dao unlike any other."

"Hmm, then what should I do about my cultivation for now?" I inquired further.

"You will follow our previous discussion for the other steps, but in the Qi Condensation Realm, you will open the twelve prime meridians in the usual manner. For the eight extraordinary meridians that can act as mini-reservoirs of qi, you will use elemental treasures. Employ earth qi treasures for the first four meridians, metal for the next two, and wood for the final two meridians. This approach will provide you with a solid foundation in the five elements."

"Alright, so when should I begin?"

"Right now. I will guide you initially, and you will continue on your own thereafter."

"Understood."

"Now, do as I instruct. Assume the Lotus position and close your eyes. Can you sense something entering your body?"

"Yes."

"This is a strand of my qi. Pay close attention and memorize its pathway."

"I will."

"Consider these your twelve meridians, and where the qi gathers at the end is your dantian. As for the eight extraordinary meridians, they are enigmatic in nature and unique to each individual."

"Now, attempt to sense the spiritual qi of heaven and earth and gather it within your dantian."

...A few minutes later...

"I did it," I said shortly after.

"Huh, what?" Grandfather's baffled voice was something I had never heard before.

"I said I did it," I repeated, grinning at his baffled expression.

"Sigh, gathering the qi of heaven and earth is not tha- huh, you really did it? How?"

"Well, it's but a trivial matter with my unparalleled talent. Such is the difference between heaven and earth..." My grin widened as I responded.

'Well, it's also because of my body cultivation since the first Realm of body cultivation, the meridian strengthening realm, increases one's sensitivity towards qi. But still, I am truly talented nevertheless.'

"Hahahaha, good-good, as expected of my grandson." Grandfather burst into wild laughter as he violently patted my back.

"Ugh! Don't use so much force, Gramps! You will break my back!!"

"Haha, don't be such a crybaby. Such little force won't kill you." He chuckled, smirking.

'How petty!' I glared at my grandfather in annoyance.

"Ahem, now that you can sense qi and gather it in your dantian, you need to completely open your meridians by condensing qi in them."

"Alright." I sighed, giving up on reasoning with my shameless grandfather.

"Mhm, then I will take my leave for now and have someone bring the treasures to you on a later day. Also, have Lei Qiang watch over you in case there is an issue with your cultivation."

"Yes, yes, I understand."

"Well then, take care." Grandfather said as he disappeared from the room.

After he left, I stretched out a bit and returned to my cultivation.

...

As the first rays of dawn fell on my face, I realized that a new day had already started.

"Tsk, I was so close to opening the second meridian." I clicked my tongue as I thought of how baffled Gramps would have been if I had reached the second layer of qi condensation.

"Let's relax. Rushing my cultivation would cause problems. As the saying goes, 'haste makes waste.'" I told myself, considering the consequences of an unstable foundation, especially considering my unique circumstances.

"Anyways, I should train with my sword for a while." I grabbed my sword and headed outside to practice. The sword in question was formed using star iron, a rarer variant of spiritual iron which in itself was a variant of normal iron. Its value was most likely far above what a small sect could not even hope to have, as expected of a young master's weapon!

'Other than forming sword qi, I've also made significant progress in body cultivation in the past few years. I've reached the second realm of body cultivation, the physique-strengthening realm. In this realm, there are three minor stages: skin strengthening, muscle strengthening, and bone toughening. I'm currently at the bone toughening stage.'

After training with my sword for a few hours, I decided to meet Mother and discuss the 'outing' with Yin Xifeng. Mother usually handles the clan's affairs, but she should be free at this time.

"Lei Qiang, I wish to go see Mother. Can you take me to her?"

"Of course, young master."

...

Outside my mother's residence, someone rushed toward me and tackled me.

"Senior brother!"

 I sidestepped and grabbed the back of this person's collar.

"Greetings, junior sister Meihui," I greeted her, maintaining a smile as if this were a completely normal situation. "I came here to meet Mother. Can you lead me to her?"

"Of course, senior brother. Follow me!" Cao Meihui, about my age, with silver hair and bluish eyes – this girl with Yin-ice spiritual roots was chosen as my mother's disciple a few months after the awakening ceremony. She guided us toward my mother's garden, where she was sitting by a table, enjoying tea.

"Yu'er, it seems you've already reached the first stage of qi condensation," Mother said, her voice tinged with pride.

"Yes, I did. Not only that, I think I'll be able to reach the second stage today." I said, showing off to my mother.

"Mhm, but don't rush your cultivation, lest your foundation becomes unstable." Mother warned with concern.

"Don't worry. You know how diligent I am. There's no way I would do something that stupid." I reassured her.

"Sigh, while being diligent is good, I think you should also enjoy yourself like other kids your age."

"About that... I have a request, Mother..." I said, my voice grew fainter and fainter as my face gradually burned with a crimson hue with overwhelming humiliation.

'Don't get embarrassed!'

"What is it?" Mother's curiosity was evident on her face.

'Do it! Just do it!'

"Umm... there's this auction happening in a few weeks, and I want to invite Miss Xifeng for an outing to the auction hall," I mumbled, my embarrassment intensifying with each passing moment.

"Ara, ara, if you're that eager to spend time with your fiancee, I suppose I could extend an invitation to the Yin family." Yingyue replied with a teasing smile, witnessing her son's flustered state for the first time.

On the other hand, Cao Meihui's expression remained cold.

"......" I lowered my head, mortified from having to go through such a conversation at my advanced (mental)age.

"How about you go and check out the places you'll visit with your fiancée tomorrow? It might be a nice opportunity" Yingyue suggested a kind smile on her face.

"That'll be great," I responded.

"Take Meihui with you as well. She could use a change of scenery." Yingyue said, giving her disciple a knowing smile. Meihui turned toward me, stars in her eyes.

'She's definitely going to cause trouble, isn't she?'

However, as I saw my mother's steadfast smile, I knew she wouldn't yield on this matter.

"Fine..." I sighed, resigning myself to the impending chaos.

"Yay! Then it's decided!" Meihui exclaimed excitedly, doing something akin to a guts pose.

'She's 'definitely' going to cause trouble,' I sighed, looking up at the sky.

Thank you for reading. Hope you had fun. * HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

 

What are your thoughts on 'mild' yandere'ish characters
  • Yes Votes: 187 44.4%
  • No Votes: 66 15.7%
  • If there's a hole there's a goal Votes: 168 39.9%
Total voters: 421
166