Power, Dream. Despair and Guidance
209 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A place of nothingness, neither light and darkness nor any concept of direction firmly existed here. My existence was faint or perhaps it was normal... Somehow I couldn't tell, It was lacking a sense of... self?

I remained still, not moving, for why should I? or rather how? It feels strange, perhaps, unfamiliar?

So, I just stayed there unmoving, uninterested in anything till a glimmer in the corner caught my eye and it entranced me in an instance. I wanted to reach it but...

I couldn't move. I struggled to move even a bit yet, it was all for naught. So, I returned to being still after all, that was somehow most natural to me. 

"~~~~"

A distant sound resounded, annoying yet tantalizing, I tried to move towards it vigorously yet, this time somehow I found it to be far easier to move as if being "guided".

As I followed it, it strayed further and further away from me and I attempted to catch up

???

I couldn't find where it was anymore. So my gaze wandered amidst the surroundings again and a different glimmer caught my eye. As I chased after it walking across a mystical trail, a distant voice echoed just like before... However, this time small glimmer grew larger as I reached out for it till it covered my entire vision.

My surrounding had changed and become far more different than before, quite bright consisting not only of the blank nothingness but, also two colors of complete polar opposites. So, I remained still, as this place was strange and unnatural, and being still was simply far too natural.

|Zhou Tiandi, Your tyranny ends today!!|

An even more unusual... chaotic thing with many colors had entered my sight. Standing above me. it was loud and annoying, something about it was displeasing.

|Tyranny? How foolish. If you leave now without stoking conflict I will overlook this matter brat.|

???

What's that?! How did it get there? That thing was like the new surrounding not as chaotic in appearance as the loud one but, this one made me feel odd... not good? Should I do something? Perhaps, I should just stay still? Yea that's good.

|You killed my entire family! I will rather than die than to bow to the likes of a tyrant like you!|

The Annoying thing was even more annoying becoming even louder. I want it to be quite! How annoying!

|Well then...| The odd one murmured quietly yet, his voice was clear and made me feel even more odd, |Perish.|

In an instant, two huge round things of opposite colors surrounded the loud one and fell upon him crushing him as not even a sound came out of him.

Looking at the merciless action, I felt as if I was becoming more... whole?... And I now knew that the odd feeling was an emotion known as fear...

I felt fear!

To be able to  make others feel fear just from a simple action... I envy him! I want this "power"!

I wish for such "power" so, I can make others feel fear like this! Hm?

It appeared again the mysterious glimmer and captivating sounds. My gaze followed it instinctively guiding me away from this "world of black and white".

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

Following the trail of light left behind by that unknown glimmer, I strayed further and further away till the glimmer and the trail both faded. I looked around and found yet another thing that caught my eye, approaching it I felt drowned by it like before.

My surroundings were dark yet illuminated by many small lights and distant swirling mess of light, with a large pitch black thing  in the middle.

Not having anything to do, I settled myself down looking at the strange large thing and continued to do so till...

*Crack!

The large thing began to crack up, with a large gush of mist filled with lights similar to the distant ones appeared. A being emerged from the cracked thing... A being so large, it felt almost strange that it came from that thing.

The cracked parts of that thing dissipated into mist that swirled around the giant covering him in clothes the larger and some cracked parts formed some other... things? I don't know what they are.

The giant grabbed onto one of the creations of one of the larger cracked parts, a flat wedge like part fastened to a long stick like part by which the giant held onto it.

By the time I noticed, the giant had done something. It roared a thunderous roar, it was annoyingly loud and it seems that there were others that agreed with me since, someone else had appeared to face the loud giant.

This one was quite huge too only a bit smaller than the giant and body that was different than the giant's. After saying some things to the giant, the newcomer lashed out and rushed to the giant where the giant slashed at him with the thing he was holding.

With that the newcomer's body split open and the giant reached out to take out an orb of deep color from the newcomer's body. With that the newcomer's body faded away turning into one of the distant lights and the giant carried on.

...

The giant kept on doing this over and over, killing countless beings and took out similar yet different orbs out of them all and fused them into a bigger orb that he kept.

Now, finally the giant held onto his last target, |You propagator of destruction... Killing all of our brethren in your murderous desires! Do you not have any shame?!|

Finally, the Giant spoke up for the first time, |Shame?| 

His voice  was like thunderous clouds, causing even the one glaring at him to flinch, |Why must I feel ashamed? I simply do this to realize my precious dream.|

And with that he killed this one as well, taking it's orb to feed the large orb of his own.

As the giant held the large orb he laughed, turning his dream to reality...

I envied that laugh, I wished for that laugh of someone who achieved his "dream"...

The giant created a magnificent world of chaotic order, I envied this, I wished for this. Looking at the primordial world, my existence became well defined.

I wanted the excellence of the "dream" of this axe-wielding giant too!

Hm? Again, distracted by that glimmer and enticing sounds, I followed it once straying away till I found myself stranded amid complete darkness. This time, however, I chose to wander around.

Soon, I found myself in front of a violet glow obscured amid darkness. As I approached, I began to feel something within me but chose to ignore it. As I reached the violet glow, I saw countless individuals kneeling to it, in fear or admiration, some even crumbling apart from whatever they felt from that violet glow.

As I looked into the Violet glow, I felt it look at me, and at that moment, I could hear it all, everything. My existence's weight grew as I knew that the feeling I felt from the violet glow was "despair." I want this! The absolute despair and obedience of others-

There it is! Again, I chased after the glimmer and the captivating sound, this time reaching its trail, and that's when I saw him. A man withered and tired, in simple attire, his eyes and smile filled with eternal warmth and kindness...

I wanted that smile that "guided" others' existence. 

Ah... it's all fading away... but I still want...

...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

...

I was in this dark place for who knows how long. I had only now gained consciousness... I could instantly feel myself being nurtured, so I remained still.

But finally, the time has come!

I struggled to get out of this dark place and heard a cracking noise.

Soon, light assaulted my senses, but I felt completely unaffected by the sudden light. As I exited my 'egg,' the egg melted into mist that formed clothing for me.

Looking ahead, I saw grandfather and others standing in the distance, with a proud and steady gait I walked. However...

"Feh?!"

I tripped and fell, hitting my newly formed antler,

"AAAAAAAAARRRHHH!!!"

The pain was beyond anything I'd ever felt- this was hell!!

Too tired

12