Chapter 1
913 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Gazei~

The next day rolled around, and I swear to all that's holy, some things just don't change. The habits from my previous life somehow carried over to this new shitstorm. I've always been an early riser, and it looks like that's still the damn case.

When my rich-ass parents dragged me and my brothers to the poorest corner of Africa for the damn summer, they had no clue what they were in for. Livin' in such rough conditions, I quickly learned the importance of gettin' up at the crack of dawn.

And let me tell you; it wasn't the lions, hyenas, or even giant-ass snakes that were the biggest threat, man...

Believe it or not, those damn water buffalos were more dangerous than those lions. Shit, those bastards were no joke.

After waking up and falling asleep about six times, I finally managed to open my eyes open; I tried to make sense of what the hell was goin' on. But here's the kicker—I'm just a damn day-old baby, and I couldn't even move my damn head. So, takin' in information was a real struggle. But one thing I damn sure knew, despite how much it sucked, this whole reincarnation gig wasn't some damn drunken hallucination.

I'm gonna miss TV and crackin' open a cold one, man...

With a little more effort and a whole lotta persistence, I managed to piece together a few more facts. I was stuck in some cave, with no signs of it being man-made, so it was probably all-natural. Not the most helpful discovery, but it's a start. The raggedy-ass, itchy-ass, short-ass blankets I was wrapped in felt like shit. They were stiff as hell and reeked like a dump. And let me tell ya, the ground beneath me was a damn torture, with some unseen pink hand holdin' onto mine like a vice, causin' a world of a nuisance. But you know what? None of that crap mattered right now.

What really mattered was... There were a whole bunch of ugly-ass kids around me, rockin' green skin, blue skin, red skin—shit, the whole damn rainbow of colors. And man, those ears of theirs were pointy as fuck. Yeah, you guessed it, they were goblins, though they looked more like Skittles humans with fangs and tails than regular goblins. Just like me, and unlike me, they were all wrapped up in rags, snoozin' like the dead. Thank God for small mercies. I may be good with kids, but I sure as hell don't need cryin' babies right now.

I could see about a hundred of 'em within my line of sight. I reckon around eighty of 'em were the size of human babies, while the rest were more like regular human size—probably the grown-ups in this twisted bunch.

But seriously, who the fuck was holdin' onto my damn hand like their life depended on it?


~Rin~ 

OMG, Rin, hold onto your excitement 'cause this is, like, next-level amazing! Can you even believe it? Picture this: I'm, like, here in this new life, and guess what? I'm holding Gazei's hand! Cue the confetti and the squeals of joy 'cause this moment is totally lit! Yay, indeed!

He is so cute...

"Da...Dad...Fa!"

Pretty sure he is yelling at me right now. 

17