Fishing 1.8
252 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Near the edge of the land of water, Yoru and Shisui were on an investigation mission. Simply put, it is to investigate the main direction of the mist ninja attack. Originally, Yoru or Shisui could handle this kind of thing alone, but in order to see if Yoru had any problems, the upper management of Konoha especially arranged this mission with Shisui.

In a sense, this is also Yoru's first mission. So, Shisui and Yoru were searching for clues in the forest.

"Amazing! I didn't expect Yoru-Kun to be able to have such strong investigative skills" As they moved forward, Shisui complimented Yoru.

"For a person who moves from place to place, escaping is commonplace. And people who are good at escaping are also good at investigating and chasing. The premise is that they can see things from the other party's point of view." Yoru replied calmly.

Seeing that his plan to close the distance between each others failed, Shisui smiled wryly.

Yoru glanced at Shisui understanding his thoughts but thought nothing of it. For Shisui, he was not overly enthusiastic nor overly cold, he just calmly dealt with him.

Although Shisui wanted to have a good relationship with Yoru, now he could only shake his head and change the subject.

"Is Yoru-Kun used to the life in Konoha?"

"Normal. It's neither good nor bad. The upper management obviously doesn't believe me, but that's not bad. No trust means that I won't be entrusted with important responsibilities. I don't have to worry about too many troublesome things." said Yoru, his voice still calm.

"Does Yoru-Kun hate trouble?"

"Of course I hate it."

"Then will you be afraid of trouble?" Shisui said his tone having a light change as he stopped and drew out his sword.

Yoru following Shisui's footsteps noticed the change and said with a smile.

"Then it depends on what kind of trouble it is. For example, the current situation is not a trouble."

As soon as Yoru's words fell, the surrounding trees were already filled with Kiri shinobi. There were 13 of them.

"Coming here to investigate information is your worst mistake, kids. You should hate your superiors for giving you this mission." The leader, Jonin stood on the tree and said.

With so many people surrounding the two of them, the Jonin felt that the matter was already over before it started.

"Ninjas are born to carry out orders. So, they don't hate their superiors." Shisui didn't seem to be much scared while surrounded.

"Hmm. It might be wrong but who knows?" Yoru said glancing at the surrounding ninjas.

The calmness of the two ninjas perturbed the leader of Kiri shinobi, Matsuo. He was afraid that there might be something deeper hidden in this matter giving them confidence.

"I once heard an interesting story. Once, there was a legendary fish somewhere, and it was said that eating the flesh of the fish would give you immortality. So, people went there one after another, but in the end, no one ever returned." Yoru joked with the tone of telling a story.

His story made everyone present feel strange, wondering why he was in the mood to tell stories. However, Shisui asked curiously.

"Is there any reason?"

"Because the legend was originally spread about the fish to attract people to fish. When the people who went fishing thought they got the fish, they didn't know that the fish was also thinking the same thing. To catch the fish, people desperately grabbed the fishing rod in their hands, not wanting to let go of the fish until the end. In the end, they were pulled into the water by fish, dying due to drowning, and then became a feast for the fish. Who do you think is fishing who?" Yoru explained the reason his tone contained a faint chill.

His words made everyone present feel unsettled. They found the story familiar, very very familiar, Isn't this very similar to the situation in front of them?

"It seems like that people are fishing but the fish is also fishing for people." Shisui thought for a while and then expressed his opinion.

At this time, Matsuo felt a chill in his heart. It was not pure ease, but a deeper feeling that seemed to touch the abyss.

"What do you mean?" With this twisted feeling, Matsuo asked seriously. His hand was already on the kunai ready to launch an attack at the faintest sign of attack.

"Everyone, don't you think that the story I told is a bit similar to the current situation? You think you have caught us, but maybe we actually found you." Yoru raised his voice and announced to the surrounding.

Hearing Yoru's words, the Kiri shinobi couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"You found us? Hahahaha... you two found a dozen of us. Hey kid, don't you think your words are funny?"

"That's right!"

"You were waiting for us. If that's the case, why don't you attack us?"

"Come on! Let's see the strength of Konoha's elite."

"I don't think you can do it at all."

...

The laughter around was extremely harsh, but Yoru didn't seem to hear it. There was no change in his expression. Yoru still had an indifferent smile. It was this indifference regarding their life and death that made Matsuo feel strange. He began to wonder if he is missing something, or if he was simply thinking too much.

"Did I say it's just the two of us?" Yoru said amidst the laughter.

-*-*-*-*-*-

10+ advanced chapters on kofi~

14