Chapter 40 – When the Wind of Change blows…
390 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
So here we are dear friends, we have passed the half of ARC I "BIRTH OF A LEGEND" and we are fast approaching the second Arc. I had finally thought of its name: Arc II: RISE OF THE  "UNITED EARTH DIRECTORATE"

Day 48

---War Council----

"I have found a way to arm the"Dragon shrine maidens" party, but is a bit controversial." Major Foxx reported

"So their party name is now official?" Minister Peterson

"Yes, I have already registered it in the mercenary database" Foxx

"The name has a little meaning, now tell us about your proposal" Arthur

"As the council understands there is no way to get a mana infused material like mithrill in the mana deprived Soul Well world  of Terra"

"Are you thinking about a soul weapon seed?"

"Yes, and here is my idea: There are soul weapons that only require a mana rich blood to manifest!"

....

"Silence SILENCE, Order!!! Arthur was banging on the table with his fists. He tried to stop the chaos commotion. Foxx was proposing to arm Akira with a Demonic Tool of War! The demons provided those type of soul weapons, to their corrupted followers, who still had their soul intact. And being a soul weapons the system in its cold machine neutrality, have recognized them as available and acceptable.

"Do you know how many of our brave troops has fallen by these evil abominations?" An angry council member shouted.

"A mortal of the FOL's side to use such thing?? A Blasphemy!!" another one

"That thing is strictly against FOL regulations!" a third one commented

"I will not agree to such thing!" another one voiced her disapproval.

"Let us hear Major Foxx, I believe she has more things to add!" Arthur

Finally the noise settled down and Foxx rose from her seat. She took her time to look at every council member in the eyes and said:

"I would like the esteemed council members to pull their heads from their ASSES and use their BRAINS to think what is best for the Kingdom! Foxx threw the bomb.

Commotion rose instantly and it took some time for the king to bring order again.

"Major Foxx your rude words were very inappropriate!" King Arthur scolded the Major.

"I apologize, my passionate and emotional side is to blame. What I wanted to convey is that the council needs to consider, to think the things in general!

Where are we standing now?! The FOL are losing the war! We are about to lose our world, our precious home, we are going to lose our lives and many of our  friends and families will perish! So something needs to be changed drastically.

Foxx made a short pause, so the people have time to absorb her words....

...And that thing! That thing my dear friends and colleagues, is the way we are acting and performing: The current FOL methods! Then we have to embrace the new approach that Akira has shown to us:

"WIN BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!! She said loud almost shouting.

Never been Indoctrinated by FOL doctrines,  Akira's way is controversial, unheard and frowned, but at the same time is smart, genuine, efficient, logical and coherent. Her already established success  tells us that we have a lot to learn and improve.

...So I will say this: If Akira needs a blood soul weapon Sopura will provide that weapon, If Akira needs a bloodline WE will deliver it. We have an unique chance to create a miracle, ladies and gentlemen. Please do not BEREAVE our children and our citizens of that miracle for some impotent ideology!"

...... there was a dead silence in the council room some time.

King Arthur Leonheart raised from his seat: "AYE!"

"Aye" General Hobs raised and voted.

"Aye" followed General Stocks

"Aye" Minister Peterson

.... Aye... Aye...  the rest of the council voted on Major Foxx's weapon proposal, but also for a total change of their general philosophy.

"Assemble a team for the capture of the Blood Fiends at the front lines and extracting their souls weapons" Arthur ordered

"That is an extremely dangerous endeavor, acting behind  the enemies lines. Those blood fiends are usually sitting in the back, as the demon army commander usually does" one of the officers warned.

"I would like to participate personally in this mission" General Hobs said

"So should I!" general Stoks. "We are one of the highest level warriors the Kingdom has to offer"

"Agreed! Permission granted!" Said Arthur then looked to his personal aid: "Adjutant, Prepare my personal combat gear"

Gasps and whispers filled the council room....

"It is my duty and honor as the King to personally lead the "assault and capture mission" in Hecatus front lines. Assemble the strike team. We move out in 3 hours trough the South World Gate!" Arthur rushed out followed by the others.


---Military barracks at Sopura capital city---

The military compound was enormous, housing hundreds of thousands of soldiers of the 3rd, 7th and 26th of Sopura's army legions. It was there where the new recruits were being trained for the war planned in less than 3 years by the High command of FOL.

"There is something big going on, I am tellin ya!" said Petra. She was recently conscripted from her fisherman village in the south. She was one of the 3 siblings that had the "luck" to be chosen by the army.

"I agree, a lot of strange rumors are circulating recently" another of her squad mates added. "I heard that the kingdom is working on some secret weapon"

"My girlfriend is in the divination department and she told me that the chances for a win are steadily growing" another one added

"Do you think it is related to the council activity? They are now having  daily meetings instead of the usual weekly ones"

"I believe it is! It must be something very big. Major Foxx temporary quit her position as head of intelligence to be involved in something secret"

"One of the palace maids told me that the royal princess is also working with Foxx on that matter"

"hahaha is that the cute brunette that visits you on Sundays and always bring you sweets. Did she told you this in the bed?"

"hahaha..'

"haha.."

"Guys please, I like Beatrice a lot, and I want to propose to her after we return from the war in 3 years" The soldier was blushing.

"Do you think we will ever return alive from that thing they are planning in few years??"

The atmosphere immediately became gloomy...

"Cheer up guys, I know the council is actually being optimistic lately. My commanding officer lieutenant Gibsly, told me that she heard General Stoks was telling a joke!!! And laughing on it! Something like this had never happened in the 25 years of her service. We may have our good chances of victory"

Sergeant Hammerstone was listening to the new recruits banter while having dinner on the nearby table.

"Sergeant Hammerstone, please tell us something! I know it is confidential and a secret, but please Sir we are desperate for some good news"

The sergeant sighed. It was absolutely forbidden to talk about Akira's matters, matters spoken at the council meetings in which he was in charge of the security. Those have been classified as a top secret for a reason thou.

"You know I am at risk of a death penalty for releasing that kind of information" Hammerstone

"I can only say that the winds are changing and The Demon's bane is coming!"

The entire mess halls suddenly became dead silent. It looked like their conversation topic has been listened by the majority of the dining soldiers.

"The demon's bane...

"A weapon?"

"An Artifact?"

"A person?"

"...winds are changing in our favor..."

One of the soldiers picked up his guitar sitting next to his legs and started a song, an old and popular tune from his home province of Bavaria:

~∫∫∫~

"....An August summer night, soldiers passing by
Listening to the wind of change
The world is closing in
And did you ever think
That we could be so close like brothers?
The future's in the air, I can feel it everywhere
I'm blowing with the wind of change
Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away (dream away)
In the wind of change.....

~∫∫∫~

Soon the other soldiers picked up the lines and the entire mess hall was filled with the song of hope, boosting the morale of the soldiers in training. It didn't take long for the rumours of THE DEMON'S BANE to start spreading like wild fires through the kingdom


Day 49

---Akira POV---

Akira woke up at lunch time. It was a wild night. They assaulted successfully the demon claws base and captured all of their remaining members. All of them currently  imprisoned in her dungeon basement. It was a ninja action movie stile.

It was 4 AM.

Akira and Hina reached the building, a short alley away from to the enemy base. They were dressed all black leather with full face motorcycle helmets. Different gear was attached on their huntsmen vests. Akira looked at the roof  about 3 story high. There was a balcony midway about 5 meters height. She took a short run and jumped. She flew up like a ninja and grabbed the handrails, lifted herself at a crouching position with her feet on the 5 cm thin railing. Then she stood up with a perfect balance and looked up. Another jump send her over the flat roof landing smooth as a cat. Akira took the rope hanging over her back in order to drop it for Hina, when she landed in similar fashion next to her

"Phew, that was so easy!" Hina

They moved silently to the other end of the roof closest to the demon claws gang building. It was about 5 meter distance away on the same height. 3 guards were half asleep on a watch duty on the roof. Akira took out a tranquilizer dart and threw with the speed and accuracy of a sniper rifle. Then the next one and the next one. In 10 seconds the 3 unsuspecting gangsters were in a deep comatose. Akira took 2 steps back and then rushed to the end of the roof. Her jump was an impossible to the human standards of her home world Earth. Yet she flew effortlessly over the 5 meter gap and landed on the enemy territory. 2 seconds later Hina's landing blew some dust just a meter away from Akira.

"I will open the roof door and we will hit them fast and hard. We will not give them any chance to organise a proper response" Akira

Akira kicked the metal reinforced door with a such force that her leg blew through and made a hole where the lock of the door was supposed to be.

"Go GO GO!!!" Akira

What followed was a Bruce Lee feat S.W.A.T feat Naruto action scenes of total domination. Akira took several knife and arrow hits to her body, which only resulted to 240 drop the HP. Akira was now a superhuman, able to survive a blow to the heart, because every cell of her body was infused with mana, and that cell was being  able to sustain alive without a major blood supply.... for hours!

Akira flew inside into a large hall where the last of the Demon claws resistance had been fortified.

"A SHINOBI" Cry of horror

"The enemy has sent the Ninjas"

"We are so fucked up now"

Akira stood at the middle of the room and pulled out a knife from her stomach and threw it away as it was just a soda can.

Gasps of horror and fear erupted from the last 9 members of the famous demon claws gang.

Akira put one of her hands behind her back and lifted the other one pointing forward. Then she moved that hand towards the Gang leader of the Demon claws:

"COME AND MEET YOUR DESTINY MORTAL!" Akira

"I think that is too much of a drama" said Hina standing behind her daughter

"I thought it will sound so cool" pouted Akira. Okasa has just ruined her edge-lord moment of glory.

...

So Akira beat the crap shit of the gangsters with  just one hand. The other one resting behind her back.....

Then it was the most boring part: packing up the loot and restraining 19 unconscious spiderman, loading them into the truck, then unloading them into the basement.... 

[System: Mission 2 completed]


15