Chapter 2: Lost In The Wild
149 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After stepping out the doorway he was greeted by a maze of old dark halls that looked almost ancient in appearance and seemed to stretch forever, each side covered with a plethora of doors.
moving out and feeling the air makes his body freeze from the liquid that still covered him. looking outward he noticed a number of the doors were slightly ajar and allowed him to enter several rooms.

stepping between destroyed rooms he continued to search, eventually stumbling into what looked mostly like a modern bathroom with mold covering several places along the walls and half of the roof caved in and spread across the floor. opening the cupboard there was a number of old towels. 
picking the cleanest of them he dried himself before wrapping the towel around his waist and continued to find a way out from the impossible mase he found himself in, struggling to move from the unfamiliar balance and often stumbling he pressed on. between the ruins of what he could only presume to be a lab and living space.

eventually, after what felt like hours he found a familiar sight. a door with a green panel that had a person running through a door drawn in white, although it was hard to tell having aged terribly with the white turning yellow in several places with multiple cracks present, it was still recognizable. 

slowly approaching and pushing the door open his vision was filled with lush vegetation, tall trees stretched upward for what seemed like forever into the sky and had blocked out almost all the light, if not for the few stray beams of sunlight that hit the ground one could mistake it for night. the ground was covered with several different luminescent plants, insects, and creatures which lit the ground.

Where the hell am I?

walking forward he delved into the forest looking for any sight of a civilized area. his heart pumped faster as an uncertain feeling crept in, and his pace quickened faster and faster. his stumbles became more frequent as his body became weaker, and heavier under his gelatinous legs until they gave out and sent him plummeting to the floor. 

tears filled his eyes as a feeling of being alone set in. Never in his life did he feel this alone, through all the times he moved and all the times he worked alone on tedious projects for what felt forever this moment away from everything.         he felt alone...

feeling tired and exhausted his vision became darker and darker as his voice lashed out in a whale, wishing for someone, anyone.

and just before everything faded to black he heard a voice cry out to him as everything blacked out 

2