Chapter 4 Family
52 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Just a quick note I'm now going to try sticking to more of a first-person writing, additionally, this and the next two chapters might seem like a slight info dump Im trying to find ways to avoid it in the future. any advice is welcomed thx

hearing a distant voice I start to open my eyes, a vague figure in front of me shaped in the outline of a person in a blur of black, white, and red. 
"Sh-, Shin, Shin!!"
the distant voice becoming clearer. my eyes adjust revealing a young girl, with a pair of fox ears and a tail clade in her black hair color. she was wearing a red skirt that extended to her knees and a white short-sleeved shirt. 
"I'm up, I'm up.  seriously can't you leave me to sleep in a little Elli"
she's my sister or rather adoptive sister? since I came into this family. She is about a year younger than me. at least that's what we think as I don't really have a birthday

"Brother I know you will sleep in all day if I didn't wake you up, come on Mum and Dad have made breakfast downstairs and I'll eat your share if you don't hurry down" she grins leaving the room in a hurry. 

climbing out of bed I stretch slowly stretch before changing and looking into the mirror. 
in the mirror I stood, with a pair of fox ears and two tails clad white, and awkwardly wrapped around my body under my shirt is a pair of wings sprouting from my lower back.

been a while since I had that dream, to think that's how this all started he reflected 

finishing the last check-ups and grabbing my phone I made my way downstairs, the aroma of breakfast filling the air. the pleasant view of our simple house showed all the basic necessities, a kitchen, a table to eat at, and a lounge area.

Ren or rather father was sitting at the table checking his phone for the latest news Im still impressed there is magical technology in this world. he was accompanied by Aimi, my mother who sat at his side. showing a smile towards me inviting me towards the table. Elli was sitting staring happily at the food like always.

sitting down Father placed his phone down and looked up to me. 

"you ready for your blessings today" 

"you know it" I said sarcastically

In this world everyone gets one or more blessings from the many different gods when they become an adult, only a few people haven't received blessings, usually getting outcasted or find it hard to get a job and survive since not receiving a blessing means you have been abandoned by the gods. though it's still worrying that the age for being an adult is 15...

"After you have received your blessing you will be going to the Falkor Academia" he stated promptly 

"Falkor Academia, you joking right?"

"No, I worked hard to ensure you both could enter it. since I didn't get the chance to learn in an academia Im ensuring both of you do"
his brow frowning showing the seriousness of his words.

academics are areas to develop your skills unless you have a mentor or parent who shares in the same blessing there is no guarantee you could even develop it and Falkor Academia is our city's major academia named after our city. 

"Dear let's not talk about this right now, we have breakfast to eat"
"Yeah!!" Elli cheered as she immediately digging into her meal which sat before her. 

The meal was very homely. and honestly made the days when I would eat alone seem like nothing but a distant dream. After cleaning up I felt a buzz in my pocket, opening the phone and I was greeted with a message

["Hey man, wanna hang out before going to our blessing ceremony" - Kai ] Of course it's that goofball

["Sure, where we you planning to meet up? "]

["How about our usual coffee shop, or are you afraid of hot coffee spilling on your pants again " - Kai] 

["It Happened one time. but sure meet you there"]

["Sweet" - Kai] 
"Hey Mum, I'm going out to hang with Kai"
"Okay sweety, just don't miss your blessing okay"
"alright"
grabbing my Go Card(public transport card) I opened the door to the neighbourhood and made my way to the train station nearby.

this world is so modern despite having magic. I honestly have a few worries about ending up the same as before but it's nice to have modern convenience. boarding the bus I wait for the destination, and to an extent looking forward to talking to kai as it's been a bit. 

1