Chapter 5 To The Coffee Shop
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

opening the door, the smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the air. it was a quite café but it's drinks was amazing. 
dark wood made up most of the scene lined with hints of gold or brass. chairs with a caramel brown upholstery, it always reminded me of the of games I use to play before. 
on one of the chairs by the window kay sat, waving his hand. 
kai is one of the few friends I have here, he was a lizardman though you probably wouldn't be able to tell if you never paid attention to the  brown and white scales on the edge of his face or his tail. honestly he is still quite clumsy with his tail, it seems like he never wants to grow up. 

"One coffee please" I said to the owner before taking my seat opposite of kai. 
"Hey man, how you feeling about today" kai said as he looked up with a slight grin
"Horrible, you know just as well as I do that this can ruin either of our lives" I said looking at him "you look a bit chippy"

"Well my mother just told me she's sending me to Falkor Academia, and I'm looking forward to working my blessing" he said joyously "Besides I might be able to meet my beloved" 

"Well I'm glad to hear I won't be going to the Academia alone"
his jaw dropped a bit "you mean I'm going to have a portable cheat sheet" he said  

"yeah, a cheat sheet that will give you paper cuts if you don't study" I quipped shutting him up as the owner placed the coffee in front of me.

"come on dude, you know I've got more important things to do" he says in an annoying tone. 

our conversation was cut short by a notification on my phone.
["be carful there has been more monster attacks as of late, also ensure your at the closet church by 5" - Dad ]
looking at the time it read 3:30, taking into account the public transport we won't have long 
["alright, Im currently with kai. we will be leaving shortly"] 

["Good" - Dad ]

"whats up?"

"just my old man, he reminding us to be at the church for our blessings" I said while exhaling 

"come on man, you will be fine" he paused for a minute before speaking again with a slight smirk "you know, you might end up getting a better blessing then Touwa"

ahh right him... 

"at the very least I hope we don't run into him during our blessing"
he smirked before razing a hand out "Do you really think you will really be able to beat me lowly peasants." brining his and towards himself he puffed out his chest "I am the holy elf capable of vanquishing your mere existence, bow before the stupid one"

I couldn't help but clap at the performance "pft, your acting is spot on. it's almost like you were the very elf himself"

"oi I'm not that low yet, though the movies I have been watching has helped" he noted before looking at the time "we better get a move on if you don't want that very elf to beat you to the blessing" 

0