Chapter 14
372 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aito exited his mindscape seeing no signs of Ciel waking up.

He stood up from his bed and walked towards the window, slowly lifting the blackout curtain.

He winced and slowly took a step backward as he felt the sunlight touching his abnormally pale white skin.

“As expected, nothing changed.”

It was already diagnosed that he had a low tolerance to sunlight than others even before he was discharged from the hospital.

After he woke up, they found out that, he needed a fresh source of blood for him to maintain his healthy state.

In the end, Kimi readily volunteered to be his fresh supply of blood. Since she already had a high physical regeneration and for some reason, Aito preferred her blood to his own mothers, no one had any problems.

The incident was warped under the covers and was never spread to the outside world. Since it was Taiga’s own hospital and the doctors were his own subordinates, everyone went silent without any word.

It was recorded in government records that Aito awakened a quirk similar to his mothers, and never went into the details.

Since they came from the hospital he was never allowed to step outside of the mansion, and even if he wanted to it will be under a tight escort at night. Since sunlight was harmful to his body.

He preferred staying in his room rather than going out like that. His parents had some anxiety over what his social life would become, but since it was for his own safety, they could only sigh.

As he was mulling over the details, the door to his bedroom opened, and his personal maid Kimi Sugihara came in.

She still wore her own unique maid outfit and was still as beautiful as she was six years ago. In fact, there were no vicissitudes of time in her beautiful face. The only difference was that she had a beautiful gentle smile on her face.

“Good morning young master.”

She greeted him with a beautiful smile that could melt the hearts of many.

But Aito answered with a dispirited sigh,

“Sigh… Good morning, Kimi.”

Aito slowly walked and sat on the couch placed in his room, looking at Kimi organizing his bed.

Since that day, she acted like it was her obligation to look after me. Although my dispirited state worried my parents, they were at ease hearing that I was getting along with Kimi.

‘I wonder whether they raised her salary?’

While he was having his thoughts Kimi asked,

“Young master, you do remember you have to attend the exams today, right?”

Since his condition does not allow him to attend school like normal kids he was being home-schooled. But since home-schooling is not generally permitted in Japan, he had to get formal permission. On the condition that he will attend every written exam held by the school.

Today he had annual exams to attend.

“Yes.”

“Don’t you want to prepare for the exam?”

Aito looked at Kimi with an annoyed expression and said;

“I am a hundred percent sure that I can wipe the floor with any of those snot-nosed brats who don’t even know how many zeroes are there in a billion, without even opening the school textbook.”

Hearing this Kimi who was folding his blanket chuckled;

“That’s exactly why I’m worried about you. I’ve never seen you open the books even once.”

“I’ve already read it while I was four or something.”

Saying this Aito let out another depressed sigh.

In fact, when he was four, he was curious about the education system which is more than a century older than his previous worlds. Not surprisingly there was no change to the education system other than implementing more advanced technologies to help the students study.

Even while Ciel was in some sort of slumber he could still access his eidetic memory and increased processing power of his brain.

After finishing organizing his bed, Kimi walked toward him extending her hand to him without saying a single word.

Aito blankly stared at that hand for a moment. He couldn’t be satisfied with any other blood, except Kimi’s. he didn’t know why, drinking the blood of other people did let him sustain his life, but doing it for more than a week made him look like a malnourished kid. Furthermore, if Kimi’s blood tasted like apple juice others’ blood tasted like bland water. Even when he tasted his mother’s blood it didn’t taste as good as Kimi’s, although it was better than other people’s. Kimi didn’t protest about him drinking her blood rather, she encouraged him to drink more of her blood.

Aito looked at Kimi.

“You should drink your fill before setting for departure young master.”

Kimi said with a warm tone.

Aito let out a sigh and bit into her wrist, sucking her blood. Kimi could feel the satisfaction in Aito’s eyes and his eyes glowing with more red light than a while before. She was content with her young master’s satisfaction, he already experienced enough for his age, she wanted him to enjoy his childhood a little more but his unique situation didn’t allow that to happen. Honestly, she was the only one he was this close with. He tried avoiding everyone since the incident four years ago. And it panged her heart remembering about the hellish two weeks she went through. She didn’t even want to imagine what it would have been for him to behave like that.

After drinking to his heart’s content which was actually quite a lot, he let go of Kimi’s wrist. As soon as his teeth withdrew from her wrist, the two small holes in her hands closed.

Her regeneration abilities were improving at a rapid rate, everyone said it was the result of her quirk adapting to Aito drinking her blood, effectively making her regeneration faster but Kimi knew better. Aito’s quirk was affecting her in some ways, but she didn’t voice her opinions. She didn’t want to bring unnecessary trouble to her young master.

After Aito let go of her hand Aito wiped the blood from his lips and let out a content sigh. [A/N: he is sighing a lot in this chapter.]

“Young master, should I help you get dressed?” Kimi asked with her now signature gentle smile.

“No, please don’t, I’m not a child and I don’t need someone else’s help in these kinds of matters.”

“But you are still a child, no?” -Kimi asked with a curious tone that barely hid her sarcasm.

“Can you please arrange my clothing and get out of my room?” -Aito said while looking away without any change in his expression.

“As you wish.” – Kimi did an exaggerated bow, trying to amuse him, but it did little to affect his mood.

Kimi left the room without being able to elevate Aito’s mood, but they had a lot of progress since Aito cased away the psychiatrist with facts alone. In those days, his face was expressionless showing little interest in anything, other than being considerate towards his parents.

 

.

.

.

After a long while of nagging from his mom, and a calm encouragement from his father Aito was finally ready to depart to attend his written exams. He was in his mansion’s garage, where a black limo was waiting for him. It was a hundred-year-old model making it an extremely luxurious vehicle.

Kimi was standing while holding the door waiting for him to enter, he was completely covered in black grabs from head to toe, trying to cover every part of his body except his face from sunlight.

He slowly entered the limo not minding the stares of his escorts. He was incredibly annoyed but he couldn’t say anything about it. his parents wouldn’t allow it anyway.

He left the mansion following a black car and followed by another car. the three cars were moving in a synergy.

Inside the moving limo, Aito was looking at the passing scenery without any interest. He slowly raised his arm and removed his gloves, revealing his abnormally pale white skin. He sharpened his index finger and cut a small wound on his thumb it didn’t close immediately but stayed like that, and blood flowed out of his thumb finger and formed a sphere of blood hovering on his palm.

After a sphere of fifteen centimeters in diameter was created the wound in his thumb got healed.

He could control any of his wounds from healing and heal them in an instant. And his blood supply was limitless as long as he had enough stamina, and his stamina was like an endless well. but in order for him to maintain his peak state he had to drink Kimi’s blood once a day. It was very contradicting. Making it seem like he had endless stamina and not.

The sphere of blood started changing shapes. It transformed into various weapons, figures constructs.

Lastly, it transformed into a blood-red long Chinese broad sword.

it was a miniature version but it still looked magnificent and its edge was eerily sharp.

His blood control was extremely precise, letting him make complex and sturdy structures with blood. Unfortunately, the range of his ability was only three meters around himself, after that the hard structures will turn into liquid and disintegrate into nothingness.

While the range was initially one meter, after continuous practice with his quirk he could now control it for three meters.

He didn’t know what is waiting for him in the future, but he had this strange premonition and he wanted Ciel to wake up soon.

***

A/N: pretty much a useless chapter, but a foundation for the next one. Can anyone guess what will the next event be?

.

.

.

Thanks for reading the chapter.

 

20