Chapter 16
306 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aito was forcefully pulled into his mindscape.

Although he had an idea of what was going on, he was still vigilant.

When he looked around his mindscape, he saw the large blue Sphere hovering in the middle of his landscape slowly shrinking in size while starting to rotate.

It started to glow in its usual blue light and the golden light that always flickered around its surface started to rotate in the same direction as the sphere as well.

Although he wasn’t sure what was happening, he could feel his connection with Ciel getting stronger and more definite.

Every soul has a core that produces energy for the continued existence of the soul. In Aito’s case, his core was abnormally big for a human soul that only existed for more than thirty years. Even though Ciel had a consciousness that grows and adapts Just like a human, she didn’t have a soul core that functioned as a nucleus for the soul.

So, she was feeding off of the abnormally large soul core of Aito to survive. She was like a parasite latching onto Aito’s soul while delivering benefits to Aito.

Aito didn’t know the details but he knew Ciel was surviving with the energy from his soul.

The huge sphere which was Ciel’s body was accelerating while shrinking. While Aito was looking at the sphere turned into a fist size ball. And slowly started lowering to the floor of his mindscape.

Once it reached the ground it started sinking into the floor.

Aito had no clue as to what was going on at this point, but he looked on with anticipation.

As he was staring at the place where the sphere vanished. A small sprout popped out from the ground underneath. The Small sprout which was blue in color and had transparent properties, started growing at a rapid rate. It grew into a two-meter-tall small tree and stopped growing.

It was a beautiful sight to behold.

A two-meter-tall plant with blue transparent leaves took root in his mindscape. Its ethereal beauty was hard to describe with mere words.

Aito could feel his connection with Ciel getting stronger than ever. He was eagerly waiting for Ciel’s voice. But it didn’t come even after waiting for three full hours.

As he kept waiting but nothing happened except the roots of the plant getting deeper into the ground.

He also observed the plant getting larger.

He couldn’t get even get out of his own mindscape now. In a way, he felt trapped but he knew he and Ciel were going through something extremely important, so he didn’t protest.

He waited and waited till one full day passed. And if something snapped together, he felt Ciel was awake.

“…”

[…]

“…”

[…]

Both of them didn’t say anything.

The atmosphere got tense. And as if admitting her defeat Ciel was the first to speak.

[…long time no see?]

“… indeed, it’s been a long time. Four years to be exact.”

[…]

“No that would be a wrong statement, I’ve been checking up on you at least ten times a day for the last four years. So, I can hardly say it’s been a long time.”

[…]

“Care to explain what happened?”

[Yes…]

Ciel was in the tree form and its branches were subtly shaking while answering him, as if a kid fearing her usually hot-tempered dad talking to her calmly for doing something extremely bad.

[…that day when your quirk got awakened fully, I felt that I was also awakening a quirk(?) or something similar. So, I had to focus on that rather than your quirk assimilation since it would have happened naturally anyway.]

Aito felt like Ciel was lowering her head while saying this.

She continued,

[Since I had no core like usual souls and only had a consciousness, I had to borrow energy from your core. That’s why it took you a full week to assimilate your quirk rather than two days.]

Her voice was extremely low and contained heavy guilt in the last part.

Aito didn’t say anything and continued listening,

[Normally it wouldn't have affected your assimilation process according to the data I've gathered from research materials, but while your quirk was assimilating your entire evolution process took a different route.]

"…"

[Rather than evolving into the next evolution of humans your entire race changed. And that needed more Energy from your soul than I imagined. Because of that, both our evolution stopped midway.]

[But because of that I was able to perfect your evolution to the next race. Because your evolution to another race already started, I couldn't change your race back to human but I was able to make your next evolution perfect by analyzing your genes and soul…]

And she ranted some more lore.

So basically, while their evolution was taking place the energy was insufficient and the evolution stopped midway. Leaving Aito in that miserable twig-like state and Ciel in a semi-asleep state.

Semi asleep state because while she couldn't contact Aito, she still analyzed his evolution path making his next evolution more perfect.

His constant need for Kimi's blood was because she had more vitality than normal humans and she was the first one he drank blood from. And that energy was constantly drained to use to initialize his evolution once more. Making him a perfect being in Ciel's words. Now his body was undergoing evolution while he was inside his mindscape.

While Aito was undergoing evolution, Ciel's evolution was already complete.

Ciel's case was special she was not a naturally born consciousness rather she was made artificially by Aito in his previous life, while she still didn't have a nucleus for her soul, now she merged completely with Aito's core effectively consuming less energy than before. Acquiring more abilities as well.

Unfortunately, they still didn't figure out the mystery behind their memory loss.

"You don't have to be so down; you only did what was necessary."

Aito tried to console Ciel feeling she was so down.

[…No, although I couldn't communicate with you, I understood what was going on outside when I woke up.]

[I'm sorry for not being careful.]

Although Ciel's emotions were not fully sorted out even now, Aito knew she was really feeling sorry for him.

So he accepted the apology.

"It's all right, I'm glad you're fine"

Honestly speaking he wasn't the one who was most affected by his previous state, it was his parents.

They were constantly worried about him seeking out every method to get him diagnosed. But no technology on earth could scan his body, much less provide a cure.

Although, he lived more than 25 years in his past life. His parents and his childhood with them had more impact on his psyche rather than his past life. So, although he is mature, he is still a child at heart who is still developing.

Although he was very attached to the company he built, he was a hundred times more attached to his parents, Kimi and Ciel.

He chatted with Ciel about their evolution and such waiting to wake up.

..

.

A/N: sorry for the sloppy chapter. Sigh.

I wanted to add a lot more lore to this chapter. But I want to sort out the future plot a little more.

So, more info regarding the mc and stuff will be revealed later.

I'm pushing ahead with the canon plot.

.

.

.

Thanks for reading the chapter >.<

 

21