Chapter 19
359 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aito looked around the classroom, it was a curious sight. All kinds of humans, most of them having some kind of mutation in their bodies. None were looking at them with different eyes. Humans do adapt well. Humans are the most adaptable creatures, there was no need for a debate in that regard. That is a truth, and its proof is the people who are sitting in this class.

He was sitting in the protagonist's seat, now he can act all bored and mysterious looking outside the window.

Looking out the window, he saw some kids playing. Although they had quirks and stuff that could help them cheat while playing, they didn't use them. The school has restrictions on the use of quirks. The governments were desperately trying to instill the idea of everyone being equal through these restrictions. Of course, this is for naught. But they can't do anything about it. If they don't try at least this much, the general populace will protest. Sigh and that will be an endless cycle.

But unlike normal schools, this school had specialized facilities to help students train their quirk. To help the young Aspiring heroes. With one or more faculties.

The various governments desperately clinging to the balance were always interesting. All it will take is an absurdly powerful villain and boom the balance will be Brocken. If there are no heroes like all might, the chaos would've been a lot worse than this.

'Sigh… Humans!!'

[Please don't act like you're some sort of transcendent entity.]

'Shutup…'

[…]

'What… It's true, I do feel like I'm above normal humans.'

[That might or might not be because your race changed. Since a normal quirk can affect a person's personality by a large margin, it's not that strange.]

'See… you said yourself.'

[…]

'But why don't I feel like this towards you.'

[don't compare me to those puny humans.] Ciel said with a conceited tone, Aito could almost imagine a little girl saying this with her nose held high.

'…And you were lecturing me?!!'

[…ahem…]

'…'

[Anyway, you sure are popular.] Ciel said, trying to change the topic.

'I shall commend you for being able to change the topic of the conversation. Although you should try a little more.'

[tch...]

Aito looked around ignoring Ciel's attitude. Most students were sending curious glances at him.

He formed a harmless smile and looked at them, most of the girls squealed, and the guys just clicked their tongues and turned around.

Aito didn't think much about what these brats thought about him, but he had to keep a clean profile in his school records for future purposes.

Like some great mind once said, 'if you need to deceive your enemy, first you need to deceive your allies.'

[…I don't think that applies in your situation.]

'…'

Aito ignored Ciel and looked at Momo who was desperately trying to avoid his gaze even though she was sitting right next to him.

'Why is she avoiding my gaze this desperately?'

[You do remember your attitude four years ago, right?]

'Ahh about that, isn't it about time she forgot about that?' Aito asked in a confused voice, after all, he just wanted to avoid getting involved with anyone at that time. So he just went with a Douch bag attitude, she should've been disgusted towards him or outright ignored him, he didn't expect this after seeing her haughty attitude that day.

[And the smirk you showed earlier today?]

'Wasn't that a friendly smile?'

[You think so?]

'Yes.' Aito said with absolute confidence which made Ciel speechless.

[…I wish your shamelessness disappeared instead of your pride increasing!]

'…' Aito ignored that comment.

[how are you even going to manage these two contradicting emotions/personalities.]

'I should seriously Consider that.'

[…]

Aito once again looked at Momo with an amused smile and asked Ciel.

'You think I should apologize to her?'

[That's what your mom said.]

'…'

'Oh, you were serious.'

[Yes?]

Aito let out a sigh and looked ahead thinking about how he should apologize to Momo.

In the end, he decided to apologize on the lunch break.

He decided to listen to the classes, and as expected it was insanely boring, all of which he already knew. Although there were some obvious changes in the syllabus and stuff. There weren't many changes in the basic education system. Even though this is supposed to be about 150 years into the future.

As Aito was musing about the unfairness of the education system, the bell rang signaling lunch break.

Aito decided to apologize to Momo while going to the cafeteria, but when he was about to talk to Momo, the person in question had already left the classroom. Aito could only see her fleeing figure and Asked in his mind.

'Is she that hungry?'

[...…]

'Why is your silence too long.'

Just as Aito was about to question Ciel, one female student approached him and introduced herself.

"Hi, My name is Inui Sanjuana, nice to meet you." The girl said while extending her hand towards Aito.

Aito hearing that, adopted a charming smile and said while shaking her hand.

"Aito Toga, nice to meet you as well."

The girl seemed to be momentarily charmed as well. But quickly regained her composure and was about to speak when some other girl interrupted, asking straightforwardly.

"Are you really only 12 years old? You look like an upperclassman though?"

"Oh, this is a side effect of my quirk, I'm really only 12 years old."

"Is that so?" Seeing Aito's disarming smile the girl just stood there.

Not long after, his surroundings were filled with people who wanted to introduce themselves to him, and for some reason, the boys were gritting their teeth while looking at him.

After that, they tried to talk him into joining them in the cafeteria. But he made up some excuses and went to the rooftop of the building.

Aito glanced at the nearby city that can be seen while leaning against the railing.

'I should apologize to her the next day or something.'

Aito looked into the distance musing about the future. He was wondering what he should do in the future.

This world was relatively peaceful. Well except for the occasional villains. And the peace is maintained thanks to the pro heroes. As such, pro heroes are such a sought-after profession, a very few can become. Except for the fact that the government may try to put a leash on you, it is a very good profession in this world and era.

" My family has enough authority, money, and power. I don't really want to build up one more business empire. I can just use my family's money to live leisurely."

"I don't think I'm motivated to do anything."

[…]

"Ciel, don't you think this peace is going to crumble soon?"

[Why would you think that?]

"Well, if someone reincarnates into some world, doesn't that mean shit is about to hit the fan."

[That's fiction logic…]

"But still, what if this is a foreshadowing?"

[I know you just read "everyone else is a returnee" but you shouldn't relate your life to fiction worlds.]

"Then what about my reincarnation? Your existence?"

[…I don't agree with you, what if this is a slice-of-life fiction?] Ciel just chose to stay silent after that.

"…" Aito couldn't retort.

"Anyway, I think I am going to become a hero, not to serve justice, but for some reason, I feel like I should do that."

Aito said while looking at the streets with his enhanced vision where a hero was chasing after a burglar.

"…I think I should rethink that decision."

[…]

..

.

Momo was really frustrated for the past three months; summer break will start next week, but Momo was not in the slightest bit happy about that fact.

Momo's mind was filled with the face of one person, Aito Toga. Not in a romantic way, no. she just wanted to smack him in the forehead with a metal bat. In a way that his cocky grin would forever be lost.

She was at a loss for words. In the first week, that guy seemed to have something to talk to her but she desperately avoided him even though she was sitting right next to him. Her friends seemed to be weirded out by Momo acting like this, but Aito said she was his childhood friend, and they were in a fight.

Well, technically they were, but not entirely. In the end, Aito didn't give her a chance to explain herself to her friends, and she just let it be. Now she couldn't even talk about it since it was so awkward. Truly a meticulous move on his part. The cocky grin plastered on his face 'apparently only she could see' really irritated her.

And at the end of every class test, quiz, etc.. he would show her his paper with that same wide grin on his face. And for some unknown freaking reason Momo, who always had perfect scores in her every subject started to fall right behind Aito. Oh, and his cocky grin was ever-present.

Momo wouldn't have minded the fall in scores, she would've just accepted that and started working really hard instead of brooding over it. But that bastard's grin as if he is the final victor annoyed her for no reason.

And with some fucking miracle, he made the boys in the class his underlings and the girls his fangirls. This included Momo's trusted friends as well. Every teacher likes him to the boot, especially the homeroom teacher. She felt like he was doing everything he can just to annoy the hell out of her.

*boom*

*crash*

"Wow, that was amazing Momo-Chan"

Momo was currently in the gym, training in her close combat techniques. She was someone who aspired to become a successful hero. Naturally, the school provided her with all the support. It's not that she didn't have any facilities in her house, it's just that she found it more relaxing to train in a school facility. And it seems like she would have to give up on that enjoyment as well because of certain someone.

A White-haired boy was sitting on one side of the gym while eating some cookies she brought to eat while training her quirk.

He was applauding her for snapping the training dummy in half with a steel sword she created.

"By the way Momo-Chan, you should bring some pastries as well next time, not that I'm complaining about the cookies though." That boy talked in a playful manner toward Momo.

For some reason, this bastard decided to watch her training all the while eating the food she prepared for her training.

'Calm down Momo you can't kill that bastard. Ugh, I should stop cursing all the time.'

Momo calmly looked at Aito who finished eating the cookie. But then he showed her something that annoyed her the most.

*Grin*

Momo felt her sanity snap and,

*swish*

>>

..

.

A/N: Have nothing to say. do you feel like this chapter is all over the place? >_<

.

.

.

Thanks for reading the chapter.

(~ ̄▽ ̄)~

19