「Here we go again…」 [Part 1]
868 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

// Predicting the future. //

As they remained in the air-ship the two began to plan their next move.

Inside their own private room.
Their green hair reflected by the beaming light of the sun as it illuminated their room.
Talie is neatly tied up in a bun.
While Tori had it tied up in a braid to the left side of her face.

『Alright, the odds of what will happen next...
Will be that-

 We will be introduced to our relatives and some kind of stupid cliché will happen.』

「Such as?」

『Being engaged to a stupid crown prince or being engaged to some other powerful noble family as delightful treats to carry on their next generation.

Though there is also the possibility of us being stuck as nobles because our father and mother are powerless and poor.

So we are caught in the middle getting stuck under their rules...』

「Isn't that a bit too early to say and quite ridiculous?
At least have a little bit of faith in people.」

『Psh, you got lucky that you were born once as a half-dragon.
That the rules of nobility in mankind didn't apply to you.

However, in the human world-』

Tori guesses...

「They get engaged at an early age?」

She nods in response.

『Bingo.

Though we are half-blood with a commoner who is our mother

So the odds of that happening is really slim.
Human Nobles based on my experience are picky like that.

Some are even racists.』

「Isn't that a bit judgemental?」

『Do you want to become engaged to some stupid prince or what?』

「Of course not!
I'm sick of dealing with a country's problem.

Every year after year there is some pompous idiot that is trying to take over/destroy or assassinate me. That even if I managed to fix the problem, some other idiot is going to cause the same thing!

Though, if the prince is cute.
Why not meet them first just to see if they are decent at least?」

Talie sighed at her words as she slapped her cheeks with both of her hands.

「OW!」

『Listen here...

You were once a powerful dragon with a long life.
Now, your just a human who got remade from scratch.

The fact you can use magic doesn't mean you can use it like before.
Human abilities like our's are limited like that!』

「We can't?」

『Ofcourse we can't!

If they find out that you know powerful magic that usually takes years to master at a young age. What do you think they would do to you!?』

「Praise me for being strong?」

『Ugh, you got used to demon-kingdom ethics...
That I kind of miss the old you when we first met.』

「What is that supposed to mean!?」

『It means your being too optimistic...

Just don't show your fancy dining manners or anything involving royalty.
Or else, you will find yourself wearing a crown again.』

Tori shuddered as she recalled her past life showing her displeasure in ruling people she doesn't give a fuck once again.

...

...

After they arrived on the island they were let off the ship as they were guided to the large manor with many servants and assistants awaiting their arrival.

From a distance, they could see a large gate with a large manor right behind it.

As soon as they entered they were greeted by a vast garden coupled with a fountain in their yard as it leads towards the entrance of their new home.

While on the way, their mother explains to them that their father is basically an outcast of his family. After finally being fed up with them, he chose to run away and found their mother as they eloped to a territory he secretly bought using his hard-earned money when they were still young.

It's been at least 18 years after his disappearance from his own home...

She hoped her husband will finally reconcile with his family to at least partake a small fortune.

During this time from a large distance, they saw soldiers running while an instructor leads them, along with a giant mechanical machine patrolling the area as it silently hummed from the distance. It appears their manor truly was a militaristic place capable of defending itself from any invaders

However, their father was showing a bit of displeasure just by glancing at the place...

When they finally reached their destination.
The two siblings were exhausted from the long distance they had to walk through.

"You two really need to exercise more..." were her father's words.

「It's-not-our-fault-our-legs-are-so-short...」Tori was exhausted as she said in complaint

Talie, on the other hand, was feeling too dizzy to think.

『I want to go back home...
Why the heck doesn't this place have a machine to get us here in the first place!』
Talie said in a cry of complaint with a frustrated expression.

The servants who heard it felt anxious as she said those words, as their grandfather heard it.
They carried their luggage but didn't cater anything for them to ride on...

But this decision was made by their grandfather so the children could enjoy the view.

His eyes gazed at them as he commanded the servants to help them to their room.
As they left the scene he then asked his son.

"How old are they?" The elderly man asks.

Her father replied to him.
"They are at least 9 right now."

"You, Didn't even send me a letter when you had children."

"Why would I tell you about them, when everyone in this whole family despises me."

Her grandfather showed a sad expression as he said those words.
His wife could see he didn't truly hate him.

but it appears a terrible memory still lingers that continues to haunts her husband.

"Also where are my three brothers and sister that usually comes to use me as a punching bag."

His grandfather then closed his eyes, it showing a pained expression on his face.

"Father?" he walked to him in worry as he saw him look pale.

His grandfather then clutched his clothes and gazed at him with sorrowful eyes.

"Your idiotic brothers is dead, they went down when the ship they were on.
When those fools were ambushed by sky pirates."

"Then what about my sister!" he shouted at him.

"Your sister has already married another, she cannot take over the family."

The elderly man then coughed in front of him.

"Which is why I searched for you..."

His father had a grim expression as he then said.

"You're not saying..."

"Yes... I'm growing old and your the only one who can take over this place.
Your sister also has a son who is living here,

but he's still too young and inexperienced to properly do this kind of task."

He then gazed at his wife.

"Looks like those children of yours, inherited your wife's appearance at least."

He then turned away with his cane as he walked inside the room.
His son and daughter in law then followed him to discuss what needs to be done.

________________________________________________________________________________

// As Expected... //

After resting on their new fluffy beds and eating dinner delivered by maids and servants.

They soon lavished in the baths to new fresh clothes given to them.

But their happy moments are soon to be shattered in a mere instant when they were visited by an old lady that seemed quite strict.

She then said to them.

"Good evening, my name is Rosalie Winchester.
From here on forth I will be your teacher from now on.

As daughters of the BlackRose family.
The both of you will be under etiquette training from here on out."

Tori heard glass breaking from the distance.
While Talie was grinning as she said.

『Ha! I totally nailed it!』

「I'm amazed, you managed to predict it.」she said with a sullen expression.

The teacher had a puzzled expression as they said those words.
But then Tori asks.

「Aren't we only here temporarily?」Tori asks displeased.

"I highly doubt that...
Your father himself has already hired me as your instructor...
He said that both of your training as nobles begins today."

『What!』

「What!」

They both said in unison.

Tori then politely asked in desperation.

「Please, Guide us to our father.
Surely this is a mistake...」

The Teacher was surprised by her posture and words.
She couldn't refuse her request as they were soon guided to him.

Later then on it was explained to both of them by their parents.

That both of them are now nobles of the BlackRose family.
And thus, their rigurous training were implemented to their daily lives.

________________________________________________________________________________

// You gotta be kidding me... //

『Hey, Tori...』

「Yes?」

『Why the heck are you sitting so neatly, While i'm over here being tormented!』

The difference between Tori and Talie was so large in regards to ettiqutte.
That the teacher then said.

"Tori, your movements are quite refined are you sure this is your first time?"

She nods to her in response.

"How old are you again?"

「9.」

She swallowed her saliva as she then gazed at her sister, she was struggling with her practice.
After that, it was then settled that Tori is excused from her lessons as she focuses more on her study.

When they finally had time to rest, Talie then said to her.

『I swear...
This will bite you in the ass in a few days.』

She shrugged...
For her, it didn't matter anymore...
The fact they were now regarded as nobles as their father being the next head of the family is already engraved in stone with the fact that three of his siblings are gone and he's the only legitimate son available...

There was nothing much neither of the could do.

She then answered her...

「Don't worry.

If things escalate too much.
I'll just screw up when I need to...

After all...
Even if we are both regarded as nobles, we are still half-bloods.」

While giving Talie a smug expression as she cringe's in reply.

________________________________________________________________________________

// The step-brother surprise. //

My name is Baster of the BlackRose Family.
Mother in peculiar left me in this place to keep me safe from the constantly raiding pirates in her territory. I'm a tad bit worried for her but that isn't much concern considering my father is a capable person who commands a force large enough to terrify even the sky pirates themselves.

I've heard news of step-sisters arriving but I shouldn't bother with them.
These siblings of mine will later be hated by society for carrying the blood of a commoner by the other houses.

The current head of this house who will inherit this home will later then be forced to send them to a school for commoners because of their animosity towards them.

How do I know all this?

Because I've played this world in a game before in my past life.

Sadly, I'm not the protagonist of the story.
I'm technically one of the nobles in the scene who sells stuff to the protagonist.

Just a merchant you see and...
I thank holy heavens to the god who gave me this life and didn't send me in as the protagonist.

I only plan to just support the protagonist of this world from the sidelines.

Then again, I could just let other people do that work as the merchant doesn't really talk much to the protagonist of the story of this world.

What kind of story is this?

It's basically a stupid otome game full of super attractive girls including a boy's alike...
Whereas the protag if you follow a specific route, you end up facing one of the male or females casts of the story.

Depending on the gender you chose.
 
But the problem here is I haven't really finished the game and only played it for the dungeon crawling system and Airship battles.

The combat system of Air-ship vs Air-ship is really good.
Sadly, the choices of casts were absurdly terrible to the extent it was sickening to even try to get close to them.

How bad are they?

Bad enough that I forgot who they were and just ignored the whole scenario.
They have ridiculous good looks though, but that's all they really have.

One prime example of this is the fact that...
One of them wants you to...

Eat their shit to prove you love them.
Whose sick twisted mind the developer made such a horrible setting.

I couldn't unsee that.

It will forever scar me for life.
If you chose No,
(You don't want to eat it.)

That character will go crazy yandere mode and kill you then receive a game over screen.

Yes, there are yandere's and but there are also some safe choices.
(Thank god, I pity the poor sucker who fell for that character.)

I'll leave the protagonist to make a choice and hope he or she tackles the safe characters.

Hopefully, that person doesn't perform the harem route where all of them started becoming closer to them. Where it shows a picture where everyone had a nasty look that looks like world war is about to occur between the casts behind the ending screen.

That is what I pray that person avoids the most, but that ending is very difficult to unlock and requires a lot of knowledge in the game and system.

Now then...
When I finally finished my lessons I was about to report my results to my grandfather until I overheard my father's name by the door of his office.

"Lord Adel, Please reconsider Lady Tori as a genius of the family."

[Eh? genius.
Was there something like that in the plot?]

"Is she truly that remarkable?"

"It is only her first time in training and she surpassed my expectation.
It felt like I was watching the majestic visage of a great queen flowing in her movements alone."

"That's...
Quite an exaggeration."

Her expression pales as she seriously gazed at him.

"I do not jest my lord.
At least see her movement at least once and you will understand."

A short silence filled the air.

"Rosalie of Winchester," he directly calls her name with a serious gaze.

"I trust your words as a great teacher who carries wisdom who carries a great history.
Who has taught the many young nobles...

However, she carries the blood of a commoner.
Most of the houses will surely see her as an eye-sore.

Even if she shed a magnificent talent and grace as you say...
That doesn't mean the people will simply accept it."

But the young teacher retorts.

"If you could see her movement at least once.
I will tell you now that it will undoubtedly change your mind.

She is young and I cannot comprehend where on earth did she learn how to move like that.
If she is to show her grace to those nobles alone I am sure they will respect her regardless of her blood.

I am sure even the king would see her as a viable choice for the next crown princess!"

As the teacher said those words, Baster's face twitched as he took a few steps backward unable to understand the situation.

[What is with this development?]

"Very well.
I'll see it for myself then..."

As he stood from his seat with a cane in hand helping him raise from his chair.
He soon sought to meet with the young girl who praised her much...

Where Baster silently slipped away as they left the room.

[WHAT IS WITH THIS DEVELOPMENT!] he cried out in his thoughts.

25