「The Defeated and the Results.」
526 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reavis Pov: as he speaks with Analise.

What on earth am I looking at?
She was a small young girl with green hair with burning emerald eyes that fiercely fought my master who had trained since she was 8 years old.

Her family was strict with her teaching and slowly blossomed as a beautiful flower whose skill in swordsmanship with her favorite weapon of a rapier that dances even amongst the soldiers of her own people.

Was now equally fighting with this youth despite their difference in age and experience.

And yet...
The way she moved was familiar to me...

Her movement and way of fighting were very similar to the demi-humans.

Am I just mistaking this?
There's no way a human would be taught in their knowledge.

Most demi-humans keep their own knowledge and technique for themselves.
It is forbidden to teach other races their art and technique due to their difference in their race. Along with the fact most of it cannot be performed by a human because of their style fights with a tail or wings.

And yet...
This young girl was performing it with absurd focus and movement that I soon realized...

How skillful she was moving...

None of her movement was going to waste.

If she had a tail or wings or even fluttery cloth it would look like a fairy dancing in a game of swords with her.

While my master who was taught with the art of the sword was showing impatience and crack in her posture had begun to show...

She capitalizes on those cracks and made a swift counter...

In desperation, my master defended it with all she had using magic as her opponent promptly noticed it and disengage's.

How was she able to corner her like that?
12 years old is beating down my master who is currently 16.

But what surprised me most wasn't that...

It was after a few moments have passed where my master had lost patience and decided to use her signature move. In response to this, she skillfully broke the famous moves of the Wallice family by tackling it head-on instead of avoiding it. Twin Fang a wind technique conjuring a fierce gale of a beast that pierces, cuts and blows them away in a single move.

My master also appears as though she had focused all her strength in it...

As she showed signs of shock and confusion.
She tore it apart using her small arms but it seems it also took a toll on her as she kneeled exhausted in the same way as her.

The green-haired girl then called for a draw.

"Indeed...
A draw would not shame both of their houses.

However, the fact that she is but a young girl at the age of 12.
My master will surely lose patience and force for a win despite her circumstance."

 Was what I thought.

But as I gazed at my master, she was completely conflicted and smitten as she reluctantly accepted it.

I see...
Even she knew her limits.

The gale wind carved the ground of the arena and that youth managed to defend herself from it.

A blast of wind was turned into nothing.

Was it respect she felt when all her training for that technique was destroyed by a child?

"A child managed to break one of our fierce attacks?
It's unimaginable, who taught her how to fight?" I mumbled as I soon walked towards milady.

I reached for her hand as she clutched it while biting her lips in frustration.

I soon asked her.

"How was it?"

She soon replied.

"It was unexpected but she has gained my respect.
Perhaps the rumor had some truth in them.

I should have investigated more before eagerly fighting her..." she said with disappointment.

She wanted to take revenge and show the other students how weak she was...
Putting her in an unfavorable position towards the other students.
But with this fight it simply backfired and she seems to have taken an interest in her instead.

Looks like her rage before has begun to dwindle as I saw a smile on her face that I only saw a few times.

I smiled at her words as I soon said.

"I am glad you're finally taking an interest in them."

She retorted and called my name. " Reavis."

Her cheeks were bright red in both frustration and amusement.

"Shut up." as she grinned.

It's been a long time since someone was able to duel a proper fight with her.
Most of the adults back in her home were usually taken out or overwhelmed by her talent.

Meeting someone who carried the same or greater talent than her's must have driven something else instead.
 
I soon asked.

"Was she that capable?"

"While I danced to strike her dance with my sword
Every strike was parried and avoided.

The strange thing was...
Her gaze was not that of a child but reminded me of my master."

"That's quite a high praise...
You are aware that she's 12 years old?"

"Reavis...
Is this the difference between talent and effort?
When it comes to age." she asked me.

 "I don't think you should delve too deeply about it.
You still have much to learn after all."

"Indeed...
but what matters most is the result.
That child did not act like a child at all.

She was like an adult who had faced countless battles yet her body was that of a child."

"That's quite a large claim of assumption you made." I retorted to her but...

She clicked her tongue in response to my word and walked with elegance towards an empty seat to rest.

Her purple hair fluttered as I followed and stood beside her to watch the next fight.

...

...

...

The next fight to be held was the second sister Talie and her brother.

Both are from the same faction of the Black Rose family.

Apparently, the professor grew an interest in them as they pushed Talie to accept a challenge from one of the students. Though one of them was her brothers, that she accepted.

"I guess they didn't want any of the students to perform any pranks on them.
Though, I am curious about how this will end."

My lady said with intrigue.

I gazed at her and said in reply.
"Surrendering without showing your ability here will only displease the professors here.
Which will likely lead to them being thrown into another fight with the other students."

-After the Match-

"What the hell..." was my master's response.

"Are they even 12 years old!
Those movements are not normal at all!"

Indeed...
Those movements surpass a normal 12 years old.
It's like they have already been taught and experienced a real battle.

The first called herself, Tori who fought directly without any kind of illusion resulting in a tie.
This young girl who had the same appearance as her, called Talie fought dirty tricking and ambushing her opponent with surprise attacks by turning herself invisible.

Even the golems were confused until they changed the view into the thermal vision to locate her position where she moved with a quick fervor.

She displayed no mercy even to her brother who is older than her.

"For what I recall that young lad is called Baster.
He should be 15 years old by now..."

As I said those words,  she shuddered.

"Close to the same age as I.

If I fought her...
Maybe I too would have lost."

Indeed...
Her movement was too quick and agile the deception of her first rush was a huge surprise.
She relied on magic to the fullest while incorporating lethal attacks aimed towards the neck and vitals.

Her opponent even used a smoke bomb to find her in his own desperation.

But the most surprising thing about her attack was...

She attacked with her weapon to distract the opponent's hands while performing a magic attack in tow...

*Scary, that kind of fighting is way too advanced!*

Mostly those kinds of techniques are used by skilled explorers in the dungeon or soldiers of the kingdom who had already a taste of a real battle for their lives.

Not to mention her use of magic was utilizing her own shadow as a weapon.

"Shadow Arcane..." I froze as I thought about it.

Mostly only the demi-humans are aware of how to properly utilize such magic.

They rarely or never taught it to humans.
Quite often it is taboo but generally accepted as long as the user does not use any kind of curse that would inflict harm upon another...

Such spells were made by their race even now...
They kept a deep secret of theirs.

But now that she showed it...
The explanation about her conjuring a protective barrier using shadow magic at the age of 9.
 Are beginning to shed some light.

Could it be possible that the BlackRose somehow managed to hire their people to teach them their daughter the secrets which they kept hidden?

No...
Even they wouldn't risk themselves being targeted by Demi's formidable knowledge and power.

Not to mention they are only 12 years old!?

The information we had borrowed from the royal house also didn't mention anything about the demi's, there should have been news about it by now if that was the case!

"This is really... suspicious." My master said.

"Indeed, they are both skillful despite their appearance.
I highly doubt most of the students would dare to continue to harass them now...

Though, the young lad known as Baster despite losing seemed to have shown grit."

My lady sweated a bit in response as she said.

"The most terrifying thing about her isn't the fact that his rifle shot didn't work.
It's the fact, you later realize that...

What you were gazing at was just an illusion created by her.

The threatening feeling of being unable to see your opponent.
If he was just a moment slower, her blades would have reached him before he could have made even a single move."

To which I replied.

"Throwing a smoke bomb at that point was a clever move.
It revealed her position while parrying her attack.

I got a bit of chill's just imagining myself in that position."

She then said.

"Not to mention the Arena perfectly captured that moment..."

The angles of the camera visually showed the scenario.

Students are free to study styles of fighting by observing others.

By showing how it is used,
Others can attempt to use a similar spell to perform the tricks which other students have performed.

Not to mention both of them didn't even use an Ark-seal.
That alone displayed the force of nature those two carried.

The power to use magic without the need of an ark-seal.
Simply show that...
They could defend themselves at any time within the academy halls.

For what I recall they threw food at her and simply shielded herself with her spell.
Others simply thought that's all she could probably do.

This, however, changes everything though...
The other houses will surely not take a blind eye to this.

If new's of this battle reached their ears.

Especially the faction of the Blue Sphere.

I turned my eye to the professor who is now currently grinding his teeth.
He wore the emblem of a blue jewel with gaudy design on it.

It is a faction that focused solely on magic most of its members are nobles...

Because they are hated by many nobles their faction will undoubtedly won't be able to approach them.

All I can simply at this point is those three are undoubtedly interesting.

Did their current circumstances in life push them to become strong like this within the span of 3 years? I turned to my master as she showed a troubled expression as she gazed at me while I wore the same expression.

Like three supposedly harmless monsters that appeared with targets on their backs.
But turns out these were actually monsters with sharp fangs ready to devour any opponent that threatened them.

Will they survive in this environment or will they be hunted down?

The student council and the academy will surely keep a closer eye on them now that they know what these three are capable of...

________________________________________________________________________________

// Baster's Nightmare. //

"Ugh, mom...
Don't leave me..."

Bloodstained...

And...

 dying...

Her maple colored hair and fair face wept as a single teardrop fell unto my face.

As her body was bleeding on the ground as the sound of gunshots continued in our own house as she covered my ears while crying.

The sound of large machines and scraping metal outside as sounds of explosive gunpowder from airships blew them apart.

"I'm sorry... my son," she said to me.

As a teardrop fell from her eyes.
The last word she said was...

"Sor-"

I opened my eyes as tears fell from it.

*Haaah*

These memories...
Was undoubtedly Baster's memories on the day his mother died.

It was vague, I couldn't remember why... she was apologizing.

My step-mother who replaced her was someone he disliked.

After being struck by his own father he hit one of the wooden furniture...

I could recall baster arguing about his own mother.

 It was his first accident.
It was also the day when my memories had taken over his body.

But I did not feel any hatred towards her or my own father.
She was kind and offered me assistance...
Lady Lorei of the BlackRose family was her name.

Dark hair and a bewitching beauty...
Her interest, however, was that fact she was a battle freak who enjoyed fighting pirates as she sinks their air-ships or claims it for her own as they surrendered.

As for my father, his interest and love slowly dwindled to anger towards the pirates.

He remarried her to make sure the tragedy never repeat and sent me away in agreement with my stepmother to be sent to the Blackrose family's main house in order to avoid history from repeating itself.

She requested I call her "Mother" yet there was always a twinge in my heart.

Are these Baster true feelings that disliked it.
Or is it my own? I ignored and continued to pursue the future.
This was my life now, I breath in a different world and the air was something similar to a peculiar game.

Even the books regarding recipes were similar, it was then I decided to ignore the past and move toward the present.

After shaking my head a bit to return myself to reality.

"ugh..." groaning a bit from the phantom chest pain.

I soon scanned my surroundings and saw a stone puppet with magical drawings on it.
Its chest had a hole in it, straight to the heart with details beside it how I got taken out.

It was creepy and informative...

(*I can guess this is how they show the students how they died.
If it was an actual battle.*)

-This was the text that showed in the game.-

I turn to a corner and saw a comfortable couch.

Tori and Talie were on it while watching the other students battle each other.

While the nurse or doctor was nowhere in sight.

One of the twins then took a good glance towards where I rested.
And noticed me, as she stood and the other reacted and glanced at me with a smile.

She then said to me

"Looks like your safe and awake.
But still, it's quite impressive how they can transfer damage through this puppet...

When my attack made contact it appears the suit somehow absorbed my attack while you just fell down on the ground on your own.

I was cautious enough into thinking you were trying to trick me so I kept a distance..."

Her hair braids were on the left shoulder today...
The twins alternate their hair depending on what day it is...
Today should be Thursday so it should be Talie.

It's confusing at first, but it can be easy to determine when you meet them every day.

"You just killed me!" I retorted to her.

『How sad, you are still alive.』

"You didn't even hesitate."

『They said it was safe.
I just had to trust them as you have.』

"What if it wasn't safe."

『Then you could have tried to kill me on that first rifle shot you just fired.
It's only fair that I try to do the same to you.』

She said with a smug face.
Damn this monster with the face of a loli.

"Tch!" I clicked my tongue.
This girl is ruthless and witty in her words.

I then turned to Tori.
Tori remained seated watching the other student fight but it didn't seem to interest her.

"How long was I out?"

『A few hours...
Most of the students were dumbfounded after our fight.
It should deter any idiots to challenge us all because we looked like a bunch of harmless kids.

But a large number of floating thing started to watch us.』

She then pointed towards the golem inside the room that is constantly watching us.

That was our goal.
To scare most of the students from harassing us.
Most of them keep throwing food at us without realizing we could easily scrub them under the table.

But still...

Even with the experience, I had in the forest...
Harvesting materials was both a risk and enjoyment as I fought monsters and helped the family.

But for these two...
Well, these cheaters are still a step ahead of me in this world.

...

...

...

A few moments later I was next to end up watching.
The nurse station is the resting area students are free to remain there to watch the other student fight or study for the next class.

The next to come out to fight are one of the protagonists.

"The male character, huh..."

Fenris Welt.

He carried a rifle like me and instead of a blade and shield.
Used the beginner set the game gives them.

Technically two arm blades similar to the twins used...
The dev's probably expected that such edgy weapons would catch the attention of the crowd.

Well...

*Cough*

 They were right.

The arm blades were easy to use and simple to handle.
There is only a single problem with them...

They have terrible durability when fighting monsters and the way they are swung is cool and quick however due to the long animations you are likely to get hit by an opponent's attack.

But real life and game are different.
You can now change your movement at a moment's notice.

Let's see how it will end...

...

...

...

That sucked ass.

He tried to do the same thing in the game!
His opponent obviously wasn't stupid enough to get caught in those cool but long ass moves.
But was he even using his eyes!?

The funny thing was his golem said this to him.

"Master, I think you should reconsider actually learning how to fight.
Instead of imitating the cool moves you see in the starter videos as an example."

Indeed the golem provides starter videos showing how it is used in the game.

BUT THIS ISN'T THE GAME ANYMORE!

This probably didn't come into the protagonist's mind as he acted like a complete fool.

Everyone ended up laughing the moment the golem said that...
Though, this part of the story happens if you screw up the tutorial.

It doesn't give you a game over but it sure is a funny scene but right now all I could do was give him a wry smile.

「I expected him to put up a good fight though...」

『Are you sure he's the protagonist?
He looks like an imbecile who hasn't faced a monster yet.』

"Because he really hasn't...
This is his first fight and such a result was something I expected myself."

Meanwhile, the next one to appear is the female protagonist.

Milim Welt.

Unlike the male protagonist...
What she brought out.

Is that a freaking arm turret?

I'm talking about her golem, its size is small and it appears to be attached to her right shoulders.
But unlike her male counterpart, she had a shotgun ready for use.

"Ready and set.
Let's get this show on the road."

Strange...
No, she has a master who from the beginning of the story.
Unlike the male protagonist who started out as a rich kid who merely played pranks in his childhood.

The sister counterpart of the story portrayed her as a mechanist maniac who love machines that someone took her in. To work as an assistant, but the gear she uses is completely different from the normal protagonist who got his ass whooped.

Could it be another reincarnator?

『Oh, it's her turn now...』Talie said.

"You met her before?" I asked talie.

『Yeah, when you went on a date with Tori.』

「He's too young for me!」Tori replies.

"That wasn't a date!" While I retorted.

Both of us retorted at the same time but something was off in her word.
It felt more of two siblings eating ice cream together.

Hey, wait did she just said I was too young for her?
(What the heck.)

"Aside from that...
She's the second character protagonist of the story.
Milim Welt the female character choice of the tale."

『Why the heck is there two main characters?
What kind of game is this?』

Op... oh... she started peering into me.

"It's supposed to be a crafting game where you have many choices."

It's not a lie, the game has more crafting items more than anything else.
Choices like potions, weapons, armor, gear and everything else were cluttered in a single system.

But mostly the male/female are also on a silver platter that the player needs to work hard to obtain them.

『I see...』

「It sure does look like a complex tool.
But it looks like she won.」

The opponent lost...
Her opponent was wearing a shield and sword.

He swiftly rushed at her and used magic to improve his guard against her gun while raising his shield.

In hopes of putting a quick end to the fight, he used his sword and swiftly slashed at her when he got close enough.

But...
She parried the opponent weapon and positioned herself properly,
where the assistant AI blasted him in the gap of his guard.

In a single shot, it ended as it pierced him knocking him out from the pain.

Her opponent was experienced and didn't act like the dummy tutorial opponent in the game.

Yet why the heck is the male protagonist screwing around?

...

...

...

After the battle was over.
Baster then asked the two.

"Why didn't both of you carried a ranged weapon?"

『You mean like the rifle or pistol?』

He nods.

「Heavy.」

『Heavy.』

Both of them said.

「Carrying the two arm blades alone are burdening our arms as it is already...」

『Not to mention, those tools require proper aim and has recoil.
Neither of us learned how to use such tools.』

Uwah...
They had a point there.

"You know, I could teach both of you..."

「No thanks.」

『No thanks.』

I give them a troubled expression.

『We are much more interested in the PSG.
A shield that activates on a pull of a string.』

「But neither of us can afford it.」

Indeed...
The weapons given by the academy are free.
granade, rifle, pistol and melee weapons are mostly given away for free use.

But PSG is similar to ark-seals.
In which they are expensive to have and repair.

They are mostly hand-made by an alchemist in the city and quite popular to boot.
The sole reason why it is expensive.

Most students here probably don't want to waste their gear just to show off...
However, there is a usable gadget like the golems the protagonist used in her fight.

"Money really is our problem right now..."

Most of the resources I gathered in that unknown forest beside our home are basically D to C rank materials.

Why won't I aim any higher?

Obviously, I value my NECK.

Anything higher than B is fighting a ridiculous number of opponents.

Not to mention finding such rare materials are tedious because I need to disassemble them through opening them up.

Unlike a game (Dissambly takes time.)

I had to ditch and waste a few monster corpses after taking what I believe was valuable from them and research more on what I killed...

But its thanks to the resources I brought back that my grandfather and Tori's parents accepted my constant adventures to help them.

Tori and Talie have grown taller but still need a few years to be accepted to have partnered...

Not to mention they are small girls.

. . .

I paused as I said that and gazed at the golem revealing the hole on its chest...

Recalling the moment Talie pierced his chest with magic.

Along with the fact that Tori managed to fight toe to toe with one of the skillful supposedly dead character Analise.

Are they really small girls at this point!?

Aren't they monsters!
How broken are they going to get!?

Was my retort towards this situation as I deeply sighed.

________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

13